Ares Games
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: over Flanders - another Play by PM game - Finished

Turn 15 –Live to fight another day

15.1 – Stumptonian flies after the distant Camelbeagle. Karo7 and Sherlochnumber1 greet each other warmly as they slip past.

15.2 – Camelbeagle Immelmanns and heads back towards his pursuer. Stumptonian banks left to line up a head on joust with Camelbeagle. Sherlochnumber1 banks left to follow his wingman whilst Karo7 stalls.

15.3 – Stumptonian and Camelbeagle are not quite close enough to exchange more than angry words. Karo7 has performed a Split-S but to no avail. Sherlochnumber1 has continued to bank left behind his wingman and is away in the distance.

Final Result:-

Entente 2 (Graugans - 1 kill, Karo7 - 1 kill : Gangleader147 and Graugans both shot down)

Central Powers 2 (Sherlochnumber1 – 1 kill, Flash – 1 kill : Marechallannes and Flash both shot down)

The Gallant Survivors (Barely in some cases)

Users Country Flag

Name
    Florian
    Sorties Flown

Thank you all and especially Andy for this great game! It was a real pleasure!

Huge thank you to everyone who took part and made this such a great game. My apologies for the odd error which may have crept in, (nothing major thankfully), I'm completely new at running play by PM games and have learnt a lot, mostly about taking enough notes and taking my time with the turns. The next game when I run it should be much slicker. Not sure if there's anything I can do about the dodgy photos though as I'm stuck using a phone camera and its only 13MP. Thanks again and I look forward to flying with you all again.

Well done Andy, great fun thank you and thanks to all the other participants too!
    Stay safe and well all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlochnumber1 View Post
    Well done Andy, great fun thank you and thanks to all the other participants too!
    Stay safe and well all.
    Good to see you back and active on the forum Andy.

Thanks for running Andy, was good to get my maiden voyage having returned into the system.

Well done also to all pilots for making it fun and with plenty of banter.

Absolutely First Class show!
    [P.S. the turn marker helps seeing who is where and when!]

It was really exciting waiting for the results of each turn.
    Great presentation, Andy. REP inbound.

Congrats to those who managed a kill - especially those who lived to tell the tale.
    We'll be waiting in the mess.

Taking a wound in Turn 2 really affected my choices, since there's no shooting after a steep move.
    The icing came when I got the engine damage on top of that, which forced me to play a steep every turn.

It would have been interesting to see what might have happened had we played one more turn ...

Wonderful fun! Thanks to everyone! Thanks Andy for doing all this. Lot of hard work that we all really appreciate! Pete, depending on the damage, one or both of use would have gone down in one more turn!

Great game, Andy.

That was fun to take part in.

Me & the Boom card have a special connection...
    Voilà le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Well played all, the last couple of rounds had us on the edge of our seat but no decisive blow was struck. Next time eh ?

Sterling effort Andy.

"He is wise who watches"

Thank you Andy for running this game, thank you guys for a fair and fun game. And of course thank you Dan and Flo for revenging young Graugans or „oie cendrée“ in this case.
    That were some epic rounds, especially R5, R8, R9... cineastic in a way.
    See Sven I only made it one maneuver longer that you.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Similar Missions

1. Solo game play
    By Sgt. in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-25-2020, 07:19
  2. Play by email game
    By chequers in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 05-02-2019, 07:00
  3. January '14 Play by Email game
    By chequers in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 03-21-2014, 08:16
  4. As if I needed another game to play....
    By STICK in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2013, 15:18
  5. mats to play game.
    By boardgamer55 in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-30-2010, 20:29