Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: over Flanders - another Play by PM game - Finished

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    C'mon Pete, hold it together mate, attack is the best form of defence

Move 9 in the bin

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by Sauerkraut View Post
    Turn 8

8.1 –Stumptonian tries a Split-S to evade his pursuer but Camelbeagle stalls and bullets hammer into his lower fuselage once more, this time at +1. Karo7 decides the moment has come to pounce and begins a power dive back into the action. Graugans and Sherlochnumber1 exchange waves as they pass each other whilst Marechallannes latches onto Graugans’ tail.

8.2 – Graugans performs an Immelmann and then exchanges fire with his tormentor causing Marechallannes’ aircraft to burst into flames. Stumptonian finally manages to lose Camelbeagle and even has the opportunity to fire a quick burst at Karo7 as he screams past.

8.3 – Marechallannes , now burning, performs an Immelmann turn and climbs above the melee. Flash and Graugans exchange fire whilst Karo7 Immelmanns and shoots Stumptonian as he flies across his path. Elsewhere, Camelbeagle strives to gain more height.

Turn 9 moves in.

Turn 9 moves in!

It's getting hot here...

Voilà le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Did you bring the crumpets ?

"He is wise who watches"

Turn 9

Marechallannes’ aircraft continues to burn but somehow he is still holding it together.

9.1 –Marechallannes completes his Immelmann manoeuvre regardless of the flames rushing back from his engine, miraculously at the end of it, he is still flying. Flash banks beneath Marechallannes’ burning Halberstadt, whilst Stumptonian narrowly avoids colliding with the Graugans’ climbing Nieuport. Karo7 opens fire on Sherlochnumber1 as he banks right in pursuit of Camelbeagle.

9.2 – Karo7 banks left and continues to fire at the helpless Sherlochnumber1, (this time at +1). Camelbeagle continues his leisurely turn back towards the action. Meanwhile Marechallannes turns above Graugans and Stumptonian and Flash have temporarily lost contact with the enemy.

9.3 – Sherlochnumber1 manages to give Karo7 the slip. Flash continues to turn right and gives Graugans a short burst as he comes into range. Camelbeagle gains height as Marechallannes heads towards him, whilst Stumptonian banks left in an attempt to rejoin the fight.

Ooh-Ouch ! Flo had you there for a moment or two Andy I got some of Mica
    Guns are running hot chaps. Lets get stuck in - six more turns to go !

Ten in !

"He is wise who watches"

Wow - still plenty of planes up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangleader147 View Post
    Wow - still plenty of planes up there.
    For now..........

Users Country Flag

Name
    Florian
    Sorties Flown

For now..........

Turn 10 - Dropping Like Flies

Marechallannes' Halberstadt finally succumbs to the flames and he spirals to earth in a fiery pyre. Graugans is credited with the kill.

10.1 - Graugans turns into Flash's attack in an attempt to avoid further punishment but Flash has sideslipped and the Spandaus bark their challenge once more. Pieces fly from the Nieuport and Graugans plummets to the ground leaving a large crater in the fields of Flanders. Camelbeagle, Karo7 and Stumptonian all turn back towards the action. Sherlochnumber1 begins a Split-S.

10.2 - Camelbeagle sideslips right and Flash banks right resulting in a short exchange of fire between the two. Both are hit and Flash's Albatros bursts into flames. Karo7 continues his left bank behind Flash, whilst Sherlochnumber1 peforms his Split-S and Stumptonian flies a stall. (Sherlochnumber1 should only have 2 Climb counters at this point - I have corrected it in the last photo).

10.3 - A quiet end to an eventful turn as Camelbeagle and Flash fly past each other and exchange hand signals. Karo7 completes his long left turn. Sherlochnumber1 heads towards the action and Stumptonian banks left towards Flash.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Florian
    Sorties Flown

So did I!

Sven, you are avenged my friend Sorry Mica but take comfort, Dan may have done for me..

Three on two boys, here we go..
    Last edited by flash; 01-29-2021 at 07:35.

"He is wise who watches"

Turn 11 moves in!

That‘s the Iron Cross, Dave!
    Voilà le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Thankyou comrade, I was so hoping you'd survive the fire to swap spit with Dan but it was not to be. I see you found the Boom again too !

"He is wise who watches"

A lot happened in that round.

to the fallen.

Turn 11 sent.

Turn 11 – A Brief Respite

This turn has a much more leisurely feel to it as our pilots absorb the hectic events of the previous turn and attempt to regroup. Flash tries blowing on the flames to put them out but only succeeds in making them worse and takes a Damage card.

11.1 – Having seen their comrade Graugans fall, Karo7 and Camelbeagle seek to gain more height. Sherlochnumber1 and Stumptonian head back towards the Allied aircraft whilst Flash fights his own personal battle with the flames devouring his Albatros.

11.2 – Camelbeagle now puts some distance between himself and any possible pursuit. Both Sherlochnumber1 and Stumptonian fly Stalls in this phase. Flash wrestles his Albatros back towards the action whilst above him Karo7 follows his every move intently.

11.3 – Camelbeagle starts a right turn back towards the action. Stumptonian and Sherlochnumber1 move to head him off. Karo7 rushes towards the banking Flash but due to the altitude difference is mere millimetres out of range.

Turn 12 in!

Here's your chance for glory chaps - Plan wisely, act recklessly !!

"He is wise who watches"

Users Country Flag

Name
    Florian
    Sorties Flown

So wie are ready for the next turn!

Quote Originally Posted by Karo7 View Post
    So wie are ready for the next turn!
    I'm on it.

Turn 12 – Battle Resumes

As the flames grow ever fiercer, Flash takes another Damage card.

12.1 – Sherlochnumber1 and Stumptonian close on Camelbeagle’s position but he throws the Nieuport into a right turn and slips out of the trap. Flash sideslips towards Karo7 and despite stalling Karo7 overshoots the Albatros.

12.2 – Karo7 performs a Split-S and pours lead into Flash’s burning Albatros as he banks right. Camelbeagle dives to safety whilst Sherlochnumber1 and Stumptonian still head for where he used to be.

12.3 – Camelbeagle heads back towards the centre of the map and Stumptonian banks right to follow him. Meanwhile Sherlochnumber1 seems to have remembered a pressing appointment elsewhere and is now certain to leave the battlefield next turn. Flash has sideslipped left to try and slide out from under Karo7’s guns, but not quite far enough and Karo7 still manages to fire at him albeit at maximum range.

That's three turns done today!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Florian
    Sorties Flown

And there is time left for a fourth!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Florian
    Sorties Flown

Great evading action, Dan! I thought the sharks are coming after you.

After reviewing round 11 and 12 I seem to hear some spluttering engines?!

Bugger! Think I should have turned earlier! Turn 13 moves in, I may get lucky!

Another busy day?

Quote Originally Posted by Karo7 View Post
    Great evading action, Dan! I thought the sharks are coming after you.

After reviewing round 11 and 12 I seem to hear some spluttering engines?!
    Thanks! Good shooting! Keep giving Flash some bullets!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Florian
    Sorties Flown

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	furious_rooster___spad_vii_by_caastel_dcihxup-pre.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	296993

Doing great Andy! What a show!

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    Thanks! Good shooting! Keep giving Flash some bullets!
    Think he's firing blanks ! One last effort lads, Turn 13 beckons

"He is wise who watches"

Users Country Flag

Name
    Florian
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Think he's firing blanks ! One last effort lads, Turn 13 beckons
    It appears to me, my mechanic has made the blank ammunition joke, again.

Turn 13 – All Square

Flash’s Albatros is now completely consumed by fire and falls from the sky. (That was some fire – 9 Damage over three rounds!) Who is going to claim the kill? Camelbeagle set him on fire but Karo7 was the last to shoot at him.

13.1 – As Flash falls to his death, Karo7 banks left and heads towards the second Albatros. Sherlochnumber1 bank left and somehow manages to keep himself in the fight. Stumptonian pursues Camelbeagle.

13.2 - Karo7 dives towards Sherlochnumber1 but strangely his guns remain silent. Sherlochnumber1 has continued to bank left. Stumptonian stalls yet again and Camelbeagle begins to bank right round towards his tormentor.

13.3 – Stumptonian sideslips hard right towards Camelbeagle but the Nieuport has continued to bank right and they wave furiously to each other. Karo7 also banks right and closes in behind Stumptonian. With the raw speed of that Spad this could quickly become rather unpleasant for the Halberstadt. Sherlochnumber1 continues his turn and is now heading straight for Camelbeagle.

Last edited by Sauerkraut; 01-30-2021 at 03:04.

Have at it lads, it's all down to you now !

Well done all, great game, Flo would claim the kill as the last to shoot at me but Dan's damage did the lions share, no doubt. 11 in total, mica stung me with the 4, Flo with 3. A shared victory perhaps from a magnanimous pilot.?

The four letter word most used in the bordello comes to mind...

Next !

Well done Andy, terrific effort on your part keeping us all on track.
    By the way, I have to stop calling you Rodder's now, my missus says you haven't earned it. (that's another story!)
    Last edited by flash; 01-30-2021 at 03:48.

"He is wise who watches"

brilliantly done all

This looks really great overall. Thank you for sharing.

Turn 14 sent.

Getting down to the wire ...

Turn 14 – Can you feel the tension?

14.1 – Sherlochnumber1 and Camelbeagle rush headlong at each other and exchange fire. Stumptonian stalls and Karo7 banks in behind him.

14.2 – Karo7 sideslips right and fires at Stumptonian as he performs a Split-S. There is no return fire. Camelbeagle and Sherlochnumber1 fly past each other shaking their fists.

14.3 – Karo7 banks right and overlaps Stumptonian’s Halberstadt, but fortunately only one of them has climb counters. In a stroke of good fortune this brings Sherlochnumber1 into his sights and Karo7 exchanges fire with him.

And now a bonus picture to help Pete (Stumptonian) a little with the position of his aircraft.

Current score is Entente 2pts (4-2), Central Powers 2pts (4-2), everything to fight for in the last turn.

Your orders please Gentlemen.

Turn 15 in. Lets see what happens. It will be curious to see how much aircraft everyone has left!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Solo game play
    By Sgt. in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-25-2020, 07:19
  2. Play by email game
    By chequers in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 05-02-2019, 07:00
  3. January '14 Play by Email game
    By chequers in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 03-21-2014, 08:16
  4. As if I needed another game to play....
    By STICK in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2013, 15:18
  5. mats to play game.
    By boardgamer55 in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-30-2010, 20:29