Ares Games

Thread: New Pilot introduction (WV, MD, VA, PA)

Default New Pilot introduction (WV, MD, VA, PA)

Greetings,

I only recently fell in love with Wings of Glory (WW1). My hanger only has 12 planes, but enjoying playing a rudimentary campaign at my local hobby store. I am hoping to get to know some other pilots nearby.

Hope all is well with you there.

John

Welcome to the Drome John. I trust you are well, and that you will find the drome useful and your fellow pilots entertaining in these difficult times.
    I'm sure that your fellow aviators will be along as soon as their patrol ends to add their greetings to my own.
    Till then fly safe and watch your six.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Hello John and welcome to the show and enjoy your stay. Don't worry about the number of planes, somehow they mysteriously multiply at the same rate as your bank balance reduces. Nome of on here has managed to work it out.

(welcoming head bobs) from the lizard just a little to the east. Be sure to check out the files section for lots of add-ons: solo campaigns, scenarios, "unofficial" planes. And there's always the Shapeway and the Sale/Trade/Wanted forums for the hard-to-get aircraft. There's also a bunch of us in the Mid-Atlantic area who play on-line on Thursday nights. Finally, if you have more questions, ask away, we're a freindly bunch here, and someone wil probably have the answer.

Welcome from (today at least) sunny Portland, Oregon.

Hi John, welcome to the 'Drome!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Thank you sir. I am looking forward to our adventures to, and over, the lines.

Quote Originally Posted by zenlizard View Post
    (welcoming head bobs) from the lizard just a little to the east. Be sure to check out the files section for lots of add-ons: solo campaigns, scenarios, "unofficial" planes. And there's always the Shapeway and the Sale/Trade/Wanted forums for the hard-to-get aircraft. There's also a bunch of us in the Mid-Atlantic area who play on-line on Thursday nights. Finally, if you have more questions, ask away, we're a friendly bunch here, and someone will probably have the answer.
    Suh Wheat! My aerodrome is located in the "lower" Shenandoah Valley (i.e. the Northern end), and frequently use Interstate 81, to give you an idea.

"Solo Campaign" (!) I am definitely going to check out.

Online game play?!? Interesting. Hope to check that out.

I have 6 planes for the Allies and 6 for the Axis. 4 Scouts, and 2 2-Seaters, each.

The campaign i am in locally, i joined up with Germany as there were 3 Allied pilots, and only 1 German. I am still getting a feel for the various planes. My most frequently used plane has been the Phalz D.III.

Welcome, John! Lots of great people and resources here so help yourself

Welcome John from the beautiful Hudson River Valley. Where are you in West Virginia? I lived in Pittsburgh for 9 years and spent some time in the wild and wonderful West Virginia countryside. I hope you get as much joy from this game as I have had.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by NewFlyBoy View Post
    Welcome John from the beautiful Hudson River Valley. Where are you in West Virginia? I lived in Pittsburgh for 9 years and spent some time in the wild and wonderful West Virginia countryside. I hope you get as much joy from this game as I have had.
    Bill
    Thank you for the welcome Bill. My wife and step-son are HUGE Steelers fans. Before the Ravens swooped in, most everyone here were as well. If it was not for COVID, i'd be giving the Browns a 50:50 shot for this weekend.

I live really close to Harper's Ferry. The Eastern Panhandle. Wedged in between Maryland and Virginia, within 25 miles of Pennsylvania. I fell in love with the Shenandoah Valley when i was very young, and moved out here in my mid 20's.

I have been a HUGE fan of World War I aerial combat since i was riding bikes. I used to swoop around, pretending to strafe other bike riders. So, when my best friend from High School introduced me to Wings of Glory at the beginning of December, i was hooked immediately.

Hi John, welcome from England.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

welcome to the drome from the land of buckeyes John!!!! and welcome to the addiction!

Welcome! Lots of warm greetings from Ohio!

Welcome to the Aerodrome, John, from here 'across The Pond' in the United Kingdom.

Welcome to the Aerodrome from Massachusetts. You're in for a great ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Urai View Post
    Thank you for the welcome Bill. My wife and step-son are HUGE Steelers fans. Before the Ravens swooped in, most everyone here were as well. If it was not for COVID, i'd be giving the Browns a 50:50 shot for this weekend.

I live really close to Harper's Ferry. The Eastern Panhandle. Wedged in between Maryland and Virginia, within 25 miles of Pennsylvania. I fell in love with the Shenandoah Valley when i was very young, and moved out here in my mid 20's.

I have been a HUGE fan of World War I aerial combat since i was riding bikes. I used to swoop around, pretending to strafe other bike riders. So, when my best friend from High School introduced me to Wings of Glory at the beginning of December, i was hooked immediately.
    I have been to Harper's Ferry a number of times -- I usually couple the visit with trips to the Antietam Battlefield National Park and, of course, Gettysburg. Regrettably my Steelers took it on the chin this weekend against their rival Cleveland Browns. One of my COVID lock down projects has been to reread all 12 of the Flashman novels -- I recently finished "Flashman and the Angel of the Lord" which is entirely about the Harper's Ferry raid. Makes me want to go visit once again when the panedmic clears up.

I have been to Harper's Ferry a number of times -- I usually couple the visit with trips to the Antietam Battlefield National Park and, of course, Gettysburg. Regrettably my Steelers took it on the chin this weekend against their rival Cleveland Browns. One of my COVID lock down projects has been to reread all 12 of the Flashman novels -- I recently finished "Flashman and the Angel of the Lord" which is entirely about the Harper's Ferry raid. Makes me want to go visit once again when the panedmic clears up.
    Flashman - what a great series of books. just watched the Browns - Steelers game - OUCH No sympathy though, I'm a Bengals fan and we've got enough problems

Quote Originally Posted by camel crew View Post
    Flashman - what a great series of books. just watched the Browns - Steelers game - OUCH No sympathy though, I'm a Bengals fan and we've got enough problems
    Iain -- you're a" Bungles" fan and admit it? A rare species.....
    Last edited by NewFlyBoy; 01-11-2021 at 13:58.

Hi was just reading your post and would love to know more about your online game. I love the game but have no one close that plays. I’m in PA.

Welcome to the AERODROME John

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

I started watching that game but... yeah, that had to hurt to watch.

My Artillery Battery used to perform with the Maryland Symphony during July 4th. Memories.

Quote Originally Posted by camel crew View Post
    Flashman - i am a Panthers fan... i have come to root for what i call the "Bog Cat Division". The Lions, Bengals, Panthers, and Jaguars.

Iain -- you're a" Bungles" fan and admit it? A rare species.....

Welcome to the Aerodrome John!

My family used to live in Maryland when I was a kid. We'd go for drives through the countrysides of the surrounding states, mostly Pennsylvania and West Virginia.

Similar Missions

1. Hello & Introduction
    By PrivateBuzz in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-02-2014, 05:55
  2. Introduction
    By Brambo in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-14-2013, 03:57