Ares Games
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: COVID JABS... queue for the medic

Many condolences, Guus. Very sorry to hear of your loss.

I am sorry for your loss Guus. My condolences.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

May I add my condolences Guus, sorry to hear about your sister.
    I am now half immune, had my first injection no ill affects, pity was looking forward to some hallucinations

Guus, sorry to hear about your sister.
    Take care

SWMBO and I finally got our appointments for the first dose tonight - I'll be getting mine on Monday.

Hi Guus.
    Eileen and I are very sorry to hear about the death of your sister. I can't imagine how the loss must be felt when someone loses a brother or sister. I can only say that we will both be thinking of you and prey that you keep safe yourself.
    Hope to see you again once all this is over.

Rob and Eileen.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark1430 View Post
    a bit late but my deepest condolences to you David/Naharath re the passing away of your Mother. Wishing you the strength to cope with your loss !
    I think I know how you must feel as I lost my elder sister to the virus a few days before last Xmas. Luckily I was with her just the day before so I could say farewell ...
    cheers,
    Guus
    So very sorry to hear this Guus. Please accept my sincere condolences.

So many affected... i struggle to connect with others, but i am sorry for each and everyone's loss. I honestly cannot imagine what you all are dealing with.

I am scheduled for my first shot this coming Wednesday... i believe it will be the Maderna supplied one.

Received orders to attend the Medical Centre this coming Thursday. Should have my second shot before Flight Club too.

Excellent news Andy, I think most of us will have been double shotted by then..

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

It's really uplifting to read about all of you getting your vaccinations. Progress.

Some of my friends, my parents and my sister have their shots now. They are all waiting on me so we can have a reunion. In my area, my age group is scheduled to start on 21 March. I'm signed up with no less than 4 different organizations (scheduling is a bit of a grab bag ihere). Exciting times!

Just out of curiosity when do they say the first jab will be effective? We had a case of someone tested positive 12 days after they got the needle (in Sydney I think it was).

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Just out of curiosity when do they say the first jab will be effective? We had a case of someone picking up the virus 12 days after they got the needle here.
    Couple of weeks seems to be the generally agreed time frame, but don't forget; no-one ever said that any vaccine would be 100% effective, even at 2-dose level.
    Some people will still get infected, and some will develop serious illness - just far fewer than without the jabs.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Just out of curiosity when do they say the first jab will be effective? We had a case of someone tested positive 12 days after they got the needle (in Sydney I think it was).
    Sounds like they got infected about when they got jabbed, not unheard of.

So... first jab done this morning (Astrazeneca), 90 minutes later, no obvious side effects and haven't died from a bloodclot. Waiting for the headache and shivers to kick in, but hoping they dont)

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    So... first jab done this morning (Astrazeneca), 90 minutes later, no obvious side effects and haven't died from a bloodclot. Waiting for the headache and shivers to kick in, but hoping they dont)
    The alleged blood clot, with those statistics I’m willing to take the gamble ......

I received my first jab this morning - Maderna.

2nd jab will be Apr 16th

Could have had mine in the next week or so but off to Spain so It will bee April now. Hopefully the certificate and a neg Corvid test will get me and mary into the UK for Donnie.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

My missus claims a strong immune system, so reacted to the jab. Very sore arm & felt crap for a day (which is expected) but right as rain the day after.
    Don't believe stuff being spread about blood clots, smacks of some political fallout from EU govt & the company. Only the will people suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    .. and a neg Corvid test ...
    You're being tested to show you're not in the crow family ?

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    My missus claims a strong immune system, so reacted to the jab. Very sore arm & felt crap for a day (which is expected) but right as rain the day after.
    Don't believe stuff being spread about blood clots, smacks of some political fallout from EU govt & the company. Only the will people suffer.

You're being tested to show you're not in the crow family ?
    Of Caws

Didn’t have to wait long lol, everything aches, hot, can’t sleep, arms a bugger... was planning on running today, so that’s not happening...

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Of Caws
    You're raven !

Didn’t have to wait long lol, everything aches, hot, can’t sleep, arms a bugger... was planning on running today, so that’s not happening...
    Yep, that's what she had..

Oh well it’s sit near the beer fridge and watch a few films until it goes away.

Had mine last Monday 15th, arm still sore especially if I lie on it in bed other than that no issues (AstraZeneca).

Oh well it’s sit near the beer fridge and watch a few films until it goes away.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ftmr17M-a4

Last edited by tikkifriend; 03-18-2021 at 11:40.

Just had my first dose of the AZ vaccine. Had to let Boris go first.

My second dose is available by appointment only, next week Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.

Next week, I'm working Monday and Friday, with T/W/T booked as Annual Leave!

So, the following week then...

Quote Originally Posted by Ajay View Post
    Just had my first dose of the AZ vaccine. Had to let Boris go first.
    Might be sore tomorrow mate, find a box set to enjoy !

First off, even though I'm new here and hence don't really know anyone, can I offer my condolences to all who have lost loved ones in this pandemic, particularly David/Naharaht and Guus/Aardvark1430 who have been so recently bereaved. I lost my aunt back in April 2020, apparently to Coronavirus, but she had been having severe kidney problems for some years (so severe in fact, that she could no longer tolerate the full treatment regime she was being given when the condition was first identified) and so was living on borrowed time anyway, I suspect. To date, she is still the only person in my circle of family and friends whom I know has even had the virus. But then, as the Baroness remarked when I mentioned that I would have to self-isolate, "You must be the only person in this country who will have to become more sociable in order to do that!" Thirty years of marriage to me has, rather surprisingly, not dimmed her innate wisdom one iota.

Had my first "stab a wrinkly" day at Chichester on Sunday, 7th March, follow-up at the end of May. The Baroness got her first jab yesterday, although according to the little card she was given it was on the 18th February, not 18th March - not inspiring when the people inoculating you don't know what day it is..... Not sure where/when her second one is. We have both had the Asterix-Sennapod vaccine. Mine was a slightly unusual experience, in that the actual injection hurt like buggery, but afterwards....nothing (ok a slight temperature at tea-time, but that was all). Other than sleeping much less fitfully than usual for over 12 hours (actually two shifts of six hours - my normal cycle - with a "comfort break" in between), perfectly fine. Weird or what?

Best wishes to all, young and old, but especially to those American members still waiting.....

Had to let Boris go first.
    Odd how his vaccination required over 20 needles, though. And all in the backside....

Well after a rotten first night, with a sore arm, bit of a headache and bit of a temperature, and a day of feeling sorry for myself, I can report fully fit for duty today, even managed a 10k run in under 59 minutes.

Had my first Astrazeneca jab yesterday. Wasn't feeling too good this morning but seemed to clear up by lunchtime. All good now.

Roll on jab 2... not heard any stories about reactions to 2nd jabs

That is because no one has ever returned to tell the tale Chris!

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Got an arm full of Pfizer today. I can *feel* the antibodies swimming around! Ok, that's probably not the science of it, but that's my story.

I have travel to Europe scheduled for the end of September... this had better be under control by then. I'm sick of rescheduling this vacation.

Go little antibodies, go!

************ Day 2 AAR on Pfizer ******
    minor sore shoulder (equivalent to a double bee sting) + minor headache that faded away. No big deal.
    Last edited by Von Scharf; 03-20-2021 at 07:19. Reason: report on after effects

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    That is because no one has ever returned to tell the tale Chris!

Rob.
    Lol that’s not at all ominous...

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Might be sore tomorrow mate, find a box set to enjoy !
    Seems to be OK. I am wondering if I dreamt it.

Result !

Seems to be OK. I am wondering if I dreamt it.
    Lol don’t tell Neil, think he has the full house of reactions... NOT a happy bunny.

I suspect the reactions are all better than the alternative.

Take care out there.

Funny how fate sometimes sneaks up you.. just realised the day I got my jab was the anniversary of the last time I saw my dad alive, before the lockdown of the care homes then his ultimately unsuccessful battle against this virus. The date for my second jab could very well fall on the anniversary of his funeral. Makes you think...

Got Pfizered today.

No. 2 in 3 weeks

Pfizer for the win...

Pfizer for us as well. Sleepless night after, a bit wonky and achy the next day. Next dose is scheduled for mid April.

Finally! I am due to be shot on Tuesday. Moderna vaccine, so I am scheduled to be shot again in late April.

Got my second Pfizer shot yesterday. First shot produced a sore arm that was all my fault. Second shot made me tired for the rest of the day. Feeling all better today. My wife gets her second shot in 2 weeks. Time to start making all those appointments that have justifiably been delayed this past year.

My condolences to all who have lost family and friends to Covid. I too have lost family and friends to this wretched disease.

I'm scheduled (at last!) for my second jab on Tuesday morning - looking forward to Tuesday afternoon off sick!

Default Jabs

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    I'm scheduled (at last!) for my second jab on Tuesday morning - looking forward to Tuesday afternoon off sick!
    SWMBO and I are having our second Astra Zeneca jabs at noon tomorrow 27th.
    Roll on the unlock.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Covid-19 lockdowns seem to end
    By Alfgard in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-12-2020, 19:20
  2. WGF Fed Up of Covid-19, I tried a little Steffi'17!
    By Flying Helmut in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-24-2020, 10:02
  3. Shapeways + Covid 19
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2020, 17:53