Ares Games
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: COVID JABS... queue for the medic

Recent blood test as part of an ONS study confirmed I have antibodies to CoVid, so that shows it works, now we'll see how long it lasts !
    Booster is in April, will be interesting to see if I get a second Pfizer BioNtech, or, if I get a mix 'n' match jab (probably Oxford Astrazeneca).
    Glad you got your second Bruce but I'd be wary about thinking you're puncture proof.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

My Mum is in a bad way, Rob. She is very sleepy all of the time. She has lost her appetite and sense of taste. She does not want to drink much either but the staff have been persuading her to drink some fruit juice and sweet tea. My Mum hates sweet tea but she cannot taste it and it gets some calories into her. The staff of her care home keep her comfortable and watch her. One of the staff comes in and reads from the bible to my Mum when she is on duty. Visiting is restricted. of course, to one person per family once per week. I have to wear PPE. she is gradually growing weaker. All we can do is pray that she will turn a corner and start to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    My Mum is in a bad way, Rob. She is very sleepy all of the time. She has lost her appetite and sense of taste. She does not want to drink much either but the staff have been persuading her to drink some fruit juice and sweet tea. My Mum hates sweet tea but she cannot taste it and it gets some calories into her. The staff of her care home keep her comfortable and watch her. One of the staff comes in and reads from the bible to my Mum when she is on duty. Visiting is restricted. of course, to one person per family once per week. I have to wear PPE. she is gradually growing weaker. All we can do is pray that she will turn a corner and start to recover.
    I am sad to hear that Naharaht.

That’s dreadful David, having lost my dad to this last year, I know how this can go. Let’s hope your mum improves sooner rather than later. Thinking of you both.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Sending positive vibes to your Mum, David.

Sorry to hear of your loss, Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    Sending positive vibes to your Mum, David.

Sorry to hear of your loss, Chris.
    Same here.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Sending good vibes and best wishes, working where I do I have seen too much of this virus and the knock on effect to families it brings.

Lol.. like that one.

Where i work i can "walk in" this coming Thursday for the Moderna 1st round, and then they will schedule the follow up then. From my time in the Army, having to get the Anthrax shots... i just shrug and roll up my sleeve.

Mrs K and I had our Pfizer on Wednesday, and get the booster at the end of April.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

My second jab should be just before 6th March for 12 week follow-up, but one of the advantages of my Hospital workplace being a Vaccination Centre is that unused left-over doses are distributed to available staff each day, on a simple availability basis, so hopefully no doses end up being wasted.

Since the Pfizer has to be stored @ -70 C, once thawed it has to be used on the same day; I have been informed that I could get a "call-up" on any day I happen to be in work, with no advanced notice.

Booked in for April for round two - had the Oxford AZ combo.

My mother died yesterday evening in her room in her care home. I was allowed to spend an hour with her yesterday afternoon. She was unresponsive, like someone in a trance. She had not eaten solid food for about a week and had not drunk anything since Friday despite the efforts of the staff. I do not think she was in any pain.

My mother died yesterday evening in her room in her care home. I was allowed to spend an hour with her yesterday afternoon. She was unresponsive, like someone in a trance. She had not eaten solid food for about a week and had not drunk anything since Friday despite the efforts of the staff. I do not think she was in any pain.
    Sorry to hear that mate, hopefully she is now at peace properly.

My sincere condolences David.

Very sorry to hear of her passing.

RIP.

David, so sorry to hear your news. My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family.

Very sorry to hear that David, my condolences to you and the family.

sorry for your loss David. Condolences to you and your family

My condolences David. May she rest in peace.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Had my first shot of Astra-Zeneca this morning.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

I'm still on the waiting list here, no idea when it will actually be available for myself: hoping it will be soon.

Edit, because somehow I missed David's post above:

You have my sympathies, because death issues always suck, no joke.
    Last edited by zenlizard; 02-16-2021 at 06:47.

That's a tough one, David. You have my most heartfelt sympathy. Lost my mother-in-law just before Christmas. Her last week sounds very similar to what you've just experienced.

Take care of yourself and your family. It takes awhile...

Very sorry to hear this David. Sincere condolences to you and your family.

I know there are no words that will be adequate, but i am saddened to hear of your loss. Praying.

So sorry to hear your news David. It is a good thing to have been with her at the end. I was with my mum for about ten minutes before she died, and it was a great relief to have those last few minutes even though she like your own dear mum did not respond, they sometimes are aware of your being there.
    My deepest sympathy goes to yourself and your family dave.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

David, very sorry for your loss, but glad you got to see your mom. Peace and comfort to you and your family during this difficult time.

My condolences on your loss, David.

Condolences to you and your family, David.

David I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum, these are really difficult times but I hope being with her at the end will be a comfort. I was with my Dad when he died many years ago and while it didn't seem much comfort at the time it certainly became so later.
    Take care.

Due to weather, my first shot is being postponed one week. :/

David, so sorry to hear this news, can only imagine how you are feeling.
    Please accept my most sincere condolences, may your mother rest in peace

So sorry to hear of your loss David. My parents are always in my heart and mind years after they passed so I hope it will be with you. Remember the good times always.

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your Mother David. Very sad news.

Users Country Flag

Name
    david
    Sorties Flown

Got my first jab, Pfizer, this afternoon. No reaction so far, so looking good.
    Dave

Senior management has her appointment for Saturday - so far this week I've received three phone calls from the surgery and a letter from the NHS... but I had my first one in January and they're not doing seconds yet !

Been Astra Zeneca'd earlier this week. Painless and no reaction

First jab today, Pfizer. Hopefully on the path to rejoining society.

Unfortunately, in Oregon, if there is a computer involved in any part of the process you are about as lucky getting your shot as winning the lottery.
    In fact they have made it a lottery.

People have been on hold for up to 9 hours before getting cut off.
    Was able to sign up last Monday, but not a peep yet ...

Quote Originally Posted by malachi View Post
    First jab today, Pfizer. Hopefully on the path to rejoining society.
    Are you sure you really want to?

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Are you sure you really want to?
    lol it's funny you say that as I messaged a couple friends earlier (Jayson that you met online, and his wife) and said I wasn't so sure.

Is society ready to have you back?

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Is society ready to have you back?
    Can we take our painting kit to the restaurant?
    {Tim reaches for a drink of water... "I've been rinsing my brush in that."}

a bit late but my deepest condolences to you David/Naharath re the passing away of your Mother. Wishing you the strength to cope with your loss !
    I think I know how you must feel as I lost my elder sister to the virus a few days before last Xmas. Luckily I was with her just the day before so I could say farewell ...
    cheers,
    Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Sorry to hear of your loss , Guus

Please accept my condolences.

So sorry to hear this Guus. Such a difficult loss at a holiday must have been hard to bear. I'm glad you got to see her so close to the end.

Got my invite through, 1st April in Sheffield... stuff that will wait for one in Doncaster where I don’t have to drive back... just in case

Sorry to hear about your sister Guus.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Got my invite through, 1st April in Sheffield... stuff that will wait for one in Doncaster where I don’t have to drive back... just in case
    They must think you're a Fool!

Sad to hear about your sister Guus.
    Deepest condolences to you.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Covid-19 lockdowns seem to end
    By Alfgard in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-12-2020, 19:20
  2. WGF Fed Up of Covid-19, I tried a little Steffi'17!
    By Flying Helmut in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-24-2020, 10:02
  3. Shapeways + Covid 19
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2020, 17:53