Ares Games
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: COVID JABS... queue for the medic

more members being double jabbed, we're getting there

Quote Originally Posted by camel crew View Post
    more members being double jabbed, we're getting there
    I'll be getting my 2nd on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by VonWreckedoften View Post
    My wife had her first shot on 15th March, got home, proudly showed me her card, then looked puzzled when I asked her where she'd been for the past month. They'd stamped it 15th February.
    I noticed mine that should have said Apr 12th has Apr 22nd.

A bit of addendum to my prior comments. I read here, with some consternation, the ****-shows on appointments, records, incorrect dates being recorded etc. And the appointment scheduling struggles etc. I apparently lucked out there also.......
    To wit, about 3-4 weeks ago the hot mess that runs this state decided to start up a mobile clinic to administer shots, and go to various parts of the state that were not getting shots locally due to remoteness from hospitals or small population etc. Last week the mobile clinic was at the high school gym in my hometown, with a population of 20,000 one of the ten largest "cities" in Maine (apparently, and unbeknownst to me, very remote). Long story short, no appointment, walked in, filled out paperwork, got shot, sat for 30 minutes instead of 15 (allergy to sulpha-based drugs that can end me), and walked out in less than 50 minutes, start to finish. No 4-8 weeks between 1st & 2nd shots (see other prior entry a week ago), no nothing, & the people administering were, as a group in total, just great. Already mentioned, side effects pretty much nada.
    I sincerely wish that most of you had had this for an experience, and not what you had/are having.

Yess, got my first anti-virus shot (Pfizer) at 14:00hrs today
    and close by ... 10 minutes on my bicycle ...
    No side-effects yet, let's keep it that way.
    Second shot planned for June 7th ...
    Easily on time for Doncaster
    cheers,
    Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Quote Originally Posted by VonWreckedoften View Post
    When you say "slowly" are we talking BE2, DH2, SE5 or Sopwith Dragon?
    In Chris's case it has to be a Bristol Fighter. Never knowingly under innoculated!

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

That’s good Rob, very good, lol

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

I had my first COVID vaccination on Monday - Astra Zeneca. I was feeling off all day yesterday, but feel better today.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    That’s good Rob, very good, lol
    Thank you Wing Commander. Glad you liked it. I bet you didn't like it enough to change your Banner slogan though!

Rob.

Perforated. Managed to stay mostly conscious. We'll see how the body reacts over the next few days...

PS: Pfizer version.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Had jab #2 of Moderna Monday. Didn't get much sleep as the chills, headache and aches made sleep very difficult. Tuesday still had the headache till afternoon. Tuesday night woke twice soaking in sweat. Feel good now except for the injection site. Hope it's over!

Hoping everyone else's 2nd jab goes easier than mine.

My second jab of Pfizer was a week ago, and all I got was a bit of an ache at the injection site, a bit of which still lingers periodically.

Rob.

Had my second four days ago and the following two days felt pretty queezy. OK now

Good to hear you are through it Mike.
    Rob.

Australia is a bit weird with Covid Jabs. We are lucky here being so isolated from the rest of the world. Nearly all infections are found in returning Australians coming home from places like India and they are going straight to isolation centres. The media have been saying that the roll out of the vaccine is way behind and that people are just not putting their hands up to get the injections. My doctor said that the vaccine had not been distributed to his clinic and was to have been available on the 23rd of last month. My friend Windy Jack got his somewhere else a day after he rang them. Now the media is saying there is a waiting list of 3 months or so for people wanting the jabs.

My wife and I are due for them as it has been over 2 weeks since our flu jabs and that waiting period was a requirement before getting the Covid jab. I will ring my doctor later and see what the story is today.

Finally received my 2nd jab of Pfizer today, only 17 weeks after the first thanks to the incompetence of someone at our surgery, still, we got there in the end, just hope the delay doesn't adversely effect the efficacy of the vaccine.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by Brak Morn View Post
    A bit of addendum to my prior comments. I read here, with some consternation, the ****-shows on appointments, records, incorrect dates being recorded etc. And the appointment scheduling struggles etc. I apparently lucked out there also.......
    To wit, about 3-4 weeks ago the hot mess that runs this state decided to start up a mobile clinic to administer shots, and go to various parts of the state that were not getting shots locally due to remoteness from hospitals or small population etc. Last week the mobile clinic was at the high school gym in my hometown, with a population of 20,000 one of the ten largest "cities" in Maine (apparently, and unbeknownst to me, very remote). Long story short, no appointment, walked in, filled out paperwork, got shot, sat for 30 minutes instead of 15 (allergy to sulpha-based drugs that can end me), and walked out in less than 50 minutes, start to finish. No 4-8 weeks between 1st & 2nd shots (see other prior entry a week ago), no nothing, & the people administering were, as a group in total, just great. Already mentioned, side effects pretty much nada.
    I sincerely wish that most of you had had this for an experience, and not what you had/are having.
    final update 5/11/21. Now two weeks + a couple days from first & only jab. I just re-read every entry on this thread from first to last. I'm not a Dr, but based on what I've read here, I will not recommend, but will suggest, that you consider the J&J shot. The side effects on the others appear to be a bit troublesome. And no, I have no ties to J&J, either personally or even relatives. To recap, side effects of my shot were almost not noteworthy (very mildly sore shoulder). I'm 72, could have had either of the double-jabs months and months ago. Waited for this one, and lucked out. Brak out.

Second Astrazeneca jab now received and in contrast to Flash only nine weeks after the first. Clearly someone at my local GP is extremely efficient.

In France, it is progressing a little faster at the moment in terms of vaccination, it is the more than 50 years that have had this week the possibility to get vaccinated.

I quickly had an appointement in a military hospital in Paris/St Mandé it is a military woman of the French air force who vaccinated me :

A first dose Pfizer , it went well no side effect !

Next appointment on June 26 for the second dose

Quote Originally Posted by Sauerkraut View Post
    Second Astrazeneca jab now received and in contrast to Flash only nine weeks after the first. Clearly someone at my local GP is extremely efficient.
    You benefited from the government bringing forward the second jab (and you medico didn't change the date of your first jab!) If they'd done that a few weeks ago mine might have been on time

"He is wise who watches"

Second AstraZeneca jab this Morning at local GP, no I’ll effects, but I did get the impression the nurse giving the injection was a dart player!!

Off to Plymouth this afternoon so Yon can have her second jab. That'll be both of us done and dusted. Just hope she doesn't have any unpleasant after effects.

She should be fine Mike, Senior management had her 2nd AZ last Saturday with none of the attendant side effects of the first.

"He is wise who watches"

Just got the text through.. 2nd jab (AZ) Thursday 5:30pm, hate needles but can’t wait..

My wife and I just got home after getting our second Moderna shot today, so far no side effects besides sore arms.

Wife and I are looking forward to our first jabs this Friday. I am on Warfarin so do not anticipate any clotting problems although she thinks I am a clot sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    ........although she thinks I am a clot sometimes.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

My wife and I are booked in for our 2nd AZ on Friday (28th). So we have the long weekend to recover if needed (which I hope it won’t be).

It’s getting to the point our children and their other halves will be eligible for their 1st jab soonish (aged 30/27, 27/28).

Edward

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Wife and I are looking forward to our first jabs this Friday. I am on Warfarin so do not anticipate any clotting problems.
    I hope it goes well for both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kustenjaeger View Post
    ...It’s getting to the point our children and their other halves will be eligible for their 1st jab soonish (aged 30/27, 27/28)
    My daughter (29) is the only one left to be jabbed from our crew, my son (32) got his first last week, both their respective other halves have medical history that means they've now been fully vaccinated. My son was surprised to get the call but I suppose it depends on where you live and population density (in more than one sense of the word..)

"He is wise who watches"

Our two have both had their first.
    Rob.

Finally, my first will be on 8th June, second on 20th July, so ready for Doncaster I hope

That’s great news Dan, 5:30pm today and I’m all done...(note to self... NOT the right arm this time)

Got the 1st one right now, excellent organization by Czech Army

Well done. Any news on a late 2021 Prague Con?

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

That's a good question. We can organize a small variant of it (and I'm in!). Any preferred date?

Thats rather dependant on the EU health passport but November /December ?

Not so sure our UK Pilots could make it back to Blighty without internment though

I got both of mine and I am happy to be back to a normal life, no mask and playing games in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    I'll open a new thread for this, ok?

Let us know where you post the new thread.

OK,
    as of June 7th both me and swmbo are fully vaccinated
    roll on freedom
    cheers,
    Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Good news Guus.
    Rob.

Great news... looks like we are getting there...

2nd Pfizer jab yesterday, no side effects from either so far. Gonna be a good summer.

Thumbs up

Finally got a SMS from my medical center booking me in for first dose at 3.15pm tomorrow (Tuesday).
    Seems Rural Areas have been low on the lists as we have not had the problems occurring in the main Cities & Suburbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Finally got a SMS from my medical center booking me in for first dose at 3.15pm tomorrow (Tuesday).
    Seems Rural Areas have been low on the lists as we have not had the problems occurring in the main Cities & Suburbs.
    Good to hear you’re booked in.

Edward

Smile

Had my first "Jab" yesterday & so far no ill effects & the spot used is not even sore!
    Maybe I will be lucky.
    Next shot planned for 14th September.

Hope it continues, I also had no effects but SWMBO did, I kept untill it was over

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Covid-19 lockdowns seem to end
    By Alfgard in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-12-2020, 19:20
  2. WGF Fed Up of Covid-19, I tried a little Steffi'17!
    By Flying Helmut in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-24-2020, 10:02
  3. Shapeways + Covid 19
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2020, 17:53