Ares Games
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: COVID JABS... queue for the medic

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Had my first "Jab" yesterday & so far no ill effects & the spot used is not even sore!
    Maybe I will be lucky.
    Next shot planned for 14th September.
    Good to hear Baz. Think reaction depends which flavour you had.

"He is wise who watches"

Better half and I are now, finally, booked for our second jabs. Donna gets her's Saturday, and I get mine the first week of July.

We should be fully infused with 5G chips and magnetized by mid-July.

Perhaps we'll even be protected, somewhat, from the Delta variant, too.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

So... eldest daughter and her fella just both tested positive.
    She was round for the football on Wednesday, so fingers crossed we don’t start with symptoms but we are both double jabbed... watch this space.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    So... eldest daughter and her fella just both tested positive.
    She was round for the football on Wednesday, so fingers crossed we don’t start with symptoms but we are both double jabbed... watch this space.
    Best of luck.

Edward

Fingers crossed Chris ...
    cheers,
    Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Thanks guys, both young, fit and healthy and have had 1st jab, so hopefully only minor and short lived symptoms.

Oh scheeze! Hope nothing comes of it.

So.. daughter and her fella totally recovered and testing negative (couple of unpleasant days but otherwise not too bad). So to celebrate ending of isolation her partner took his mountain bike out yesterday for a taste of freedom....

Crashed it going over a jump, fell and broke his collar bone... seems like stupidity is one of the symptoms of long Covid... bless him, feeling very sorry for himself today. Being operated on later this afternoon, so that’s 6-8 weeks out of action.

Oh no, update on that, hospital have called back... now can’t operate until next Monday!!!!!
    FFS..There’s a lot of NHS staff that deserve the GC and even more, but there are some who are absolutely useless, our hospital seems to be ground zero for the latter. Didn’t even give him any pain relief or any help on how to get through a week with a busted collarbone.

Pretty hard hit I must say, brrr. Crossing fingers for an earlier operation slot.

Today, 18:06 CEST, 2nd vaccine turn and then just waiting how it will go in UK and if we (my friend David wants to join Doncaster too) can attend Doncaster Con. We'll see...

"You can tell you're a hermit, when they lock down the country and your lifestyle doesn't change."

I've been through a busted collar bone, and other than binding and slinging, i didn't get anything for pain either, that I recall. No surgery, either. My busted collar bone healed with a lump, becuase they didn't even straighten the break. Spent the entire Christmas vacation bundled up and in discomfort. Best wishes and comisserations to the victim.

Donna and I have had our second shots. Donna was very tired for two days, but that could have been other things. I had a mildly sore injection site, and the following morning woke up to joints that felt like they were filled with sand, and sore. How do the insides of elbow joints hurt? The sensations went away shortly after I started moving around. By noon, I was fine.

Two weeks later, we are doing fine, nothing magnetic is sticking to us, and my cell phone reception hasn't improved. For what its worth, people all around us are catching head colds and other respiratory infections. Having been through a whole year without those discomforts, I'm masking up and hand sanitizing with a vengence.
    Mike

Sorry to hear about the bike accident (now that I've stopped laughing!).

Collar bone fractures are usually not fixed surgically - only the worst and most displaced need it.

Can't speak to the need for pain relief - I don't use the stuff myself!

Despite knowing that there are a lot of incompetent mouth-breathers in the NHS (I'm working with two today ) the reason for most procedural delays at the moment is the NHS Covid Track and Trace App.
    20% of our staff are "self-isolating" after contact "pings"; my sister hospital has 35% of Radiographic staff isolating unexpectedly, so lists have been cut back right left and centre to try to cope.
    All down to football fans ignoring the need for masks and social distancing 3 - 4 weeks ago.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    "You can tell you're a hermit, when they lock down the country and your lifestyle doesn't change."

Two weeks later, we are doing fine, nothing magnetic is sticking to us, and my cell phone reception hasn't improved. For what its worth, people all around us are catching head colds and other respiratory infections. Having been through a whole year without those discomforts, I'm masking up and hand sanitizing with a vengence.
    Not much of a lifestyle change for me. I like it under my rock! Just adding wearing a mask in public places and like you, sanitizing sanitizing sanitizing. More hand washing and sanitizing is good practice anyway. We haven't had the usual colds or anything else so it's working. When I get to run games at conventions again, players better be prepared to sanitize before touching my toys!

Chris, hoping the youngster's recovery goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Not much of a lifestyle change for me. I like it under my rock! Just adding wearing a mask in public places and like you, sanitizing sanitizing sanitizing. More hand washing and sanitizing is good practice anyway. We haven't had the usual colds or anything else so it's working. When I get to run games at conventions again, players better be prepared to sanitize before touching my toys!

I've said this before, but I had stared bringing a bottle of hand sanitiser to demos and conventions before COVID, because I'd always come back with some type of infection. It did work, the two times I used it, before the lock-down. I would have continued with the hand sanitiser, anyway. I may have to sleeve all my cards, now, too.
    Mike

I've said this before, but I had started bringing a bottle of hand sanitiser to demos and conventions before COVID, because I'd always come back with some type of infection. It did work, the two times I used it, before the lock-down. I would have continued with the hand sanitiser, anyway. I may have to sleeve all my cards, now, too.
    Mike

Talking

...players better be prepared to sanitize before touching my toys!
    That's my philosophy even in non-COVID times

Thanks Pete, he’s feeling a bit sorry for himself, the delay is very frustrating, but at least they are both Covid free now.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Sorry to hear about the bike accident (now that I've stopped laughing!).

Collar bone fractures are usually not fixed surgically - only the worst and most displaced need it.

Can't speak to the need for pain relief - I don't use the stuff myself!

Despite knowing that there are a lot of incompetent mouth-breathers in the NHS (I'm working with two today ) the reason for most procedural delays at the moment is the NHS Covid Track and Trace App.
    20% of our staff are "self-isolating" after contact "pings"; my sister hospital has 35% of Radiographic staff isolating unexpectedly, so lists have been cut back right left and centre to try to cope.
    All down to football fans ignoring the need for masks and social distancing 3 - 4 weeks ago.
    Can’t think of anything I hate more than the bloody ping app at the moment... it’s causing more havoc than the actual disease.

Oh no, update on that, hospital have called back... now can’t operate until next Monday!!!!!
    FFS..There’s a lot of NHS staff that deserve the GC and even more, but there are some who are absolutely useless, our hospital seems to be ground zero for the latter. Didn’t even give him any pain relief or any help on how to get through a week with a busted collarbone.
    This is a little off the beaten path,Chris, but I worked at a place that when I started had 10,000 employees, all in one spot. It was my considered opinion, after a few years, that on any given day, around 2,000 of them might not show up for "work", and no one would ever notice from what was and was not achieved on that day. It was just amazing how many slugs, like Wally in Dilbert, could spend 8 hours explaining to you how "that's not my job........". I have more than a few trips to medical in my total one year in Scotland & London, received very good care, but that was 40+ years ago and there was no Black Plague running rampant. Things have changed, I guess.

Thanks Pete, he’s feeling a bit sorry for himself, the delay is very frustrating, but at least they are both Covid free now.
    Lumme, he's been in the wars !
    My son moved house recently and is staying with his outlaws while some work is being done on the house. His sister in law & her fella visited from London the other weekend for her dads birthday and generously infected everyone with CoVid. Happy birthday Dad !
    My lad tested negative for a few days as they all isolated in the house & he looked after the kids but he tested positive after 5 days so now isolating again. He says he's not feeling as bad as the others did - all are double shotted by the way; it seems they had a flu type experience whereas he's just had a bit of a sore throat and feels fine.

"He is wise who watches"

Received my second shot on 7/11/21. I am now fully vaxxed, not just half-vaxxed.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Similar Missions

1. Covid-19 lockdowns seem to end
    By Alfgard in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-12-2020, 19:20
  2. WGF Fed Up of Covid-19, I tried a little Steffi'17!
    By Flying Helmut in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-24-2020, 10:02
  3. Shapeways + Covid 19
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2020, 17:53