Ares Games
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: COVID JABS... queue for the medic

Hybrid View

Default COVID JABS... queue for the medic

Let’s track our Route to Covid recovery here folks.
    Sign in as and when you get your jabs...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6869D361-D694-4A6F-9FCB-E51D7316033E.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	296075

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

I've had my first today, about an hour ago, Pfizer/BioNTech

Nothing but the expected reaction a day later - barely noticeable tenderness at the site of the jab.
    Last edited by flash; 01-11-2021 at 11:14.

"He is wise who watches"

The M.O. lanced my arm today...Pfizer vaccine.

Expect a touch of the "Berthold's" tomorrow!

Will lobby my C.O. at work for 'light duties'!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post

So much for the "light duties"

Name:	IMG-20210113-WA0001.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	296677

So much for the "light duties"

Name:	IMG-20210113-WA0001.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	296677
    Hang in there Tim. You're our #1 hero.

The M.O. lanced my arm today...Pfizer vaccine.

Expect a touch of the "Berthold's" tomorrow!

I remember when light duties meant changing light globes. We used to have a man going around with a cart with flouro tubes and other stuff just about all day in my office building. This was before calculators and computers came along too.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Florian
    Sorties Flown

Just read, that now more than 400.000 Americans died on Covid. More deaths than American Soldiers in WW2, but in less than one year. Every single day, way more than the number of 9/11 victims accrue. Shocking. Hope they step up with the vaccinations. The organizing in Germany is lame.

I'd love to comment on this but it for sure would get political. The world knows the sad state of the US but tomorrow things will change.

Booked in for Friday.

Stay safe Tim. Somehow reminds me of a certain incident at Donnie a few years back....
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Somehow reminds me of a certain incident at Donnie a few years back....
    Doesn't it just?

Doesn't it just?
    Lol that was fun...

That was 2017, so we were well ahead of the curve

That was 2017, so we were well ahead of the curve

Brilliant! (And I don’t even know the backstory)

Thanks for posting the photos Steve!

I had a quick look in my files, but couldn't find them.

I wonder if they are likely to go 'viral'

In a previous year, David Manley attended Donnie, and brought a virulent lurgy with him.
    Many U.K. pilots caught it, and had a few sick days afterwards, but David also managed to export it abroad in our foreign visitors!

Hence David's tag line "Patient Zero"

Therefore, in a subsequent gathering, I arranged a fake "one-by-one" entry to our Ace of Aces finale, and rigged it so David was sent into the room first....
    While he waited inside, we all donned the medical supplies I had brought with me, then we all trooped in to confront "Patient Zero"

He took it rather well, as I recall...

In a previous year, David Manley attended Donnie, and brought a virulent lurgy with him.
    Many U.K. pilots caught it, and had a few sick days afterwards, but David also managed to export it abroad in our foreign visitors!

Therefore, in a subsequent gathering, I arranged a fake "one-by-one" entry to our Ace of Aces finale, and rigged it so David was sent into the room first....
    While he waited inside, we all donned the medical supplies I had brought with me, then we all trooped in to confront "Patient Zero"

That is AWESOME! I always wondered about the Patient Zero handle...

Trendsetters, each and every one of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Scharf View Post
    Trendsetters, each and every one of you.
    Not in a fashion sense, obvs

Jabbed today, well organised and swift delivery - roll on round 2!

Brilliant!! Love it!

lol, I seem to recall he questioned our parentage..

That's three potential Flight Club members now Lee

"He is wise who watches"

Queried my local Primary Care physician on where i am in the queue... the answer i received was, "not yet". I am only 54, in good health, so i understand that i need to wait. Just... waiting is not my strong suit.

Great that you are all gradually getting the call up. I await my own with equinimity.
    Thanks for posting those old pictures Gunners. As Tim was using me as the decoy to get him into the room and keep him busy until the rest were all suited up I never got to see the corridor view with MRs K in the front.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Urai View Post
    Queried my local Primary Care physician on where i am in the queue... the answer i received was, "not yet". I am only 54, in good health, so i understand that i need to wait. Just... waiting is not my strong suit.
    Luckily we made the list recently due to job, realised our contact put us at risk more than they had even thought ...

Myself and SWMBO had our jabs at 17.25 this afternoon. Most painless needle I ever had. I am now even more depressed as now I have absolutely nothing to look forward to!

The second one hurts like a b**** Reg...
    I don't know that, I'm just trying to give you something to look forward to !

"He is wise who watches"

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    The second one hurts like a b**** Reg...
    I don't know that, I'm just trying to give you something to look forward to !
    Thanks Flash, I needed that!

Unfortunately those in charge in Orrygun couldn't organize a piss-up at a brewery ...

Might get our first jab sometime in the next two months.

just heard that mrs cc has got her vaccination on Wednesday

Good news Iain, like Reg I also found it the most painless needle I've ever had so nothing to worry about.

"He is wise who watches"

Indeed - painless jab especially after my recent tetanus booster! Mixed selection of side effects from my work team, had a 24 hour session myself but then it was like someone had turned a switch and it went.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

I have not been vaccinated yet but my Mum received her firstin her care home on 14th January. Yesterday I received a telephone call from the care home to tell me that my Mum had tested positive for Covid-19. I am hoping that the vaccination will have produced a few antibodies, which will help her to fight off the virus even though she did not have the three weeks they say is needed for it to have full effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    I have not been vaccinated yet but my Mum received her firstin her care home on 14th January. Yesterday I received a telephone call from the care home to tell me that my Mum had tested positive for Covid-19. I am hoping that the vaccination will have produced a few antibodies, which will help her to fight off the virus even though she did not have the three weeks they say is needed for it to have full effect.
    Fingers crossed and sending best wishes, it’s a bitch of a virus but many are fighting it well.

Well that's a poor show not keeping her safe after the vaccine has been applied, I hope it at least lessens the effect of the virus David.

"He is wise who watches"

Sorry to hear that Dave. Will be keeping you and your mum in my prayers.
    Rob.

Greetings everyone. I am still "in queue" awaiting my age, and profession distribution tier. Not sure when that will be. I am hoping to be able to meet some of y'all at some convention somewhere...

Got my call up papers this afternoon.
    Rob.

Just noticed this thread - I was Pfizerized on the 21st. Needle jabs are negligible, but I had a tetanus-like sore deltoid the next day or two. Cleared out the weekend following the second shot since it usually produces a big reaction (90% of the time?). Then one week wait, and will go see a movie. In a movie theater!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol View Post
    Just noticed this thread - I was Pfizerized on the 21st. Needle jabs are negligible, but I had a tetanus-like sore deltoid the next day or two. Cleared out the weekend following the second shot since it usually produces a big reaction (90% of the time?). Then one week wait, and will go see a movie. In a movie theater!
    Complete. Well, I have to wait a week or two for full efficacy. But it’s nice not to have a supermarket run become quite such a life-or-death event. ;-)

Name:	7EEF9FE6-941F-43D1-91EB-CA36427F593C.jpeg 
Views:	159 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	297455

la deuxième injection Pfizer

So far, so good.

SWMBO has a hospital appointment for another issue next week, they phoned her yesterday to say they will administer the vaccine while she was there. So at least one of us will be covered.

SWMBO has a hospital appointment for another issue next week, they phoned her yesterday to say they will administer the vaccine while she was there. So at least one of us will be covered.
    Now there is some forward thinking!

Mrs CC had her vaccination Wednesday. Surprising thing, I got a message on my phone and have an appt for Tomorrow 19:00. Thought I'd have to wait (63 and no major issues) Result

Mrs K and I are scheduled for ours a week on Wednesday.
    Rob.

had my Pfizer jab last night. Injection spot a bit tender but okay for the time being. Fly safe everybody

I received my first vaccination this afternoon.

Welcome to the club Dave.
    Can I also ask you how your mum is doing?
    Rob.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Covid-19 lockdowns seem to end
    By Alfgard in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-12-2020, 19:20
  2. WGF Fed Up of Covid-19, I tried a little Steffi'17!
    By Flying Helmut in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-24-2020, 10:02
  3. Shapeways + Covid 19
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2020, 17:53