Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very Important Announcement about International orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    But it triggered the effect.
    I don't think it did. I thought a general desire to crack down on large online sellers was the drive.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon View Post
    So it does, Dave. The strange thing is that it seems to me that Amazon and other online market places are the motivation for these changes but the rules actually strengthen the competitive position of those companies as they have the resources to accommodate the rules. Small companies that have always (I.e., pre-internet) sold directly and sent goods by post will either not sell or be forced into the arms of the big online market places. So bad for small companies and bad for customer choice. Only bureaucrats could dream this up.
    Indeed ! I have no doubt it's aimed at those who make/supplement a living from on-line market places without following tax laws - what gets me is the VAT & duty, where applicable, was (mostly) being paid on landing for stuff bought overseas. This has been in the pipeline for a while I believe, the changes required for Brexit just provided the opportunity to implement them.

Sapiens qui vigilat "He is wise who watches"

You can always count on two things in live. Death and TAXES! Government is always looking for another turnip to bleed dry!!!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Roberto
    Sorties Flown

Hello there,
    i read your post which says "EU Countries
    The same writing is on the wall for all of the countries in the EU, except the VAT changes do not take place until July 1st 2021. I will continue to except and process orders to you guys and gals until the end of June. After that I will no longer be excepting orders from EU countries."
    I then tried to make an order and shipping it to Italy but the site gave me an error where it says that the order "cannot be shipped to Italy". Is it the site's mistake?
    Thanks for the answer

Quote Originally Posted by Skraif View Post
    Hello there,
    i read your post which says "EU Countries
    The same writing is on the wall for all of the countries in the EU, except the VAT changes do not take place until July 1st 2021. I will continue to except and process orders to you guys and gals until the end of June. After that I will no longer be excepting orders from EU countries."
    I then tried to make an order and shipping it to Italy but the site gave me an error where it says that the order "cannot be shipped to Italy". Is it the site's mistake?
    Thanks for the answer
    What did you have in your cart at the time?

There might also be a workaround... I do some good-sized export-import deals for a group of collectors of a line of figures, and if some of our Brit friends might be in a position to help me out with trying to find those over there I would be willing to order things from AA and trade 'em. Of course, you'll be responsible for whatever taxes and customs duties you have to pay on your end, but... it might be an option, we've had a pretty reliable record with movements between the US, Canada, Mexico, Germany and the Netherlands.

Just putting the idea out there to consider...
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Users Country Flag

Name
    Roberto
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    What did you have in your cart at the time?
    with all the WWI series miniatures that I tried to put in the cart.

Quote Originally Posted by Skraif View Post
    with all the WWI series miniatures that I tried to put in the cart.
    Try again now please, I think I sorted it out.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Roberto
    Sorties Flown

Try again now please, I think I sorted it out.
    Now it works thanks!

Hello All our American cousins.

Just a follow up question. What would be the postage for 3 planes (gifts) from USA to UK? Would there be Tax/ Ipmport Duty/whatever on top of this? Trying to get some figures sorted in my head

Quote Originally Posted by camel crew View Post
    Hello All our American cousins.

Just a follow up question. What would be the postage for 3 planes (gifts) from USA to UK? Would there be Tax/ Ipmport Duty/whatever on top of this? Trying to get some figures sorted in my head
    I think you can figure this out. Box up three planes of the type you want and weigh it. Go to the USPS website and you can get the cost. Tax/import duties are on your end so not calculated in the USPS shipping cost.

I wanted to give all of my international customers some information on some major changes coming to the Aerodrome Store. Since different countries are effected differently, I will break this post down into country groups to hopefully make it easier for everyone to understand how they are impacted by it.

United Kingdom
    On January 1st, 2021 the portion of the Brexit concerning VAT applied to orders place from companies outside the UK goes into effect. These new changes would require me to create an account with HM Revenue and Customs and collect the VAT taxes on all orders and remit them to the HMRC every three months along with all kinds of paperwork supporting those sales. As such, effective immediately, I will no longer shipping orders to the UK. It is simply too much administrative effort for me to deal with on the very slim margins I have on my products. I am very sorry to my loyal UK customers for the sudden change, but I just became aware of it myself this morning.

I want to thank each and every one of you for all of the support over the years. This is a sad day for us both

EU Countries
    The same writing is on the wall for all of the countries in the EU, except the VAT changes do not take place until July 1st 2021. I will continue to except and process orders to you guys and gals until the end of June. After that I will no longer be excepting orders from EU countries.

Canada, Australia, and all other countries
    It is business as usual for you guys for the foreseeable future. I believe that at some point in the future all other countries will follow the lead of the UK and EU and make a grab for additional taxes as well.

If you have any questions, please post them here and I will try and answer them the best that I can.
    Hi Keith,
    I tried to place an order with you but at checking out i get the message "these items do not ship to the Netherlands" ?
    THe Netherlands being an EU country I thought I could still order and receive goods from you till July 1st 2021 (see your message above).
    A system error or ... ?
    cheers,
    Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark1430 View Post
    Hi Keith,
    I tried to place an order with you but at checking out i get the message "these items do not ship to the Netherlands" ?
    THe Netherlands being an EU country I thought I could still order and receive goods from you till July 1st 2021 (see your message above).
    A system error or ... ?
    cheers,
    Guus
    Hi Guus, what was it you were trying to order? You can PM me if you like.

Don’t you just love international taxation... and still Amazon and Apple and Google pay less tax than my cat...

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Don’t you just love international taxation... and still Amazon and Apple and Google pay less tax than my cat...
    Then you have an extremely wealthy cat, Chris. From the latest annual financials they paid $3 billion, $10 billion and $8 billion in income tax respectively. Sales tax collected would not Show up as income tax as it’s collected by the company but paid by the consumer. I certainly get charged on my purchases, however small, from these companies. On the other hand I don’t usually pay sales taxes on small purchases from small foreign companies as these don’t collect sales taxes and customs ignores purchases under a certain value. So the situation is the opposite at least it is here.

My cat's accountants have forbidden me from speaking further on this matter, lol

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    My cat's accountants have forbidden me from speaking further on this matter, lol
    Maybe you're in the cat's will??? Pity the cat has nine lives though, so it may not matter if you are or aren't.

Hi Guus, what was it you were trying to order? You can PM me if you like.
    Hi Keith,
    it worked this time around. Thanks for your assistance
    Eagerly awaiting the goods
    cheers,
    Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. DONCASTER 2020... Important Announcement
    By Hedeby in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 09-11-2020, 23:33
  2. Poll - Is history important?
    By von Auerbergh in forum Polls
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 02-05-2018, 06:13
  3. Two important birthdays!
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Officer's Club