Ares Games

Thread: The Jasta Info Threads?

Default The Jasta Info Threads?

Seems to me it would be helpful to have a thread on each group that everyone could post what they have found on a particular group so new fans could find a treasure trove of photos, diagrams, charts and artwork without having to do the research over and over, or does that ruin the fun? Just thinkin . . .

Good idea. A sticky "Master Index" thread to keep them all organized and handy for quick finding might be a good idea too. Maybe organize the "data sections" as one post per aircraft flown, sorted by date in service...
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Sounds like a wonderful idea. I have spent many of hours sorting through the Aerodrome for information.

I've started putting something together for Jasta 2, but have hit a snag...

Most of my sources are books/magazines, and scanning the old photographs onto my laptop leaves them grainy and hard to visualise.
    Also, reproducing artwork, photographs and some information could breach Copyright laws - Albatros Publications are particularly vehement about possible legal action, with large warning notices in all their 'Windsocks'.

Do folks think it would be OK to cite the reference work, with chapter, page and paragraph, and leave the readers to pursue their own hard copies?
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Indeed, that's how it's done. If there is no copyright you can post them. Most archives are flexible if approached before the post . . .

Yes. That would work. If you know the source where one can get the publication that would be nice as well. The copyright lawyers are hungry for money right now. Don't need to draw any attention.

I'm not sure how detailed you want these to be (plus I'm quite new to both the game and WW1 aircraft in general), but I recently discovered that the following Jasta/Jastae? (Jasta, Jasta, Jastam, Jastae, Jastae, Jasta, etc etc) were Bavarian:- 16, 23, 32, 34, 35, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80. There may have been one or two others, but at the moment I think that those are the main ones. Oddly, none of the well-known Bavarian camo schemes belong to any of them!

If anyone does have any info on these 10 Jasta, particularly colour schemes, I would be interested.

Similar Missions

1. Useful threads
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2016, 02:45
  2. National: Need to know where to buy packing foam...
    By KevinsHope in forum US Wing
    Last Post: 02-06-2014, 14:56
  3. Are we still missing some threads
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-12-2011, 08:08
  4. Games dates Threads
    By Canuck in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Last Post: 12-17-2010, 19:16