Ares Games

Thread: The MLK Day Special!

Default The MLK Day Special!

A couple of us had off today for MLK day, so we decided it would be a great opportunity to play some more WoW. We were going to try altitude, but instead we did two dogfights and then played the photo recon mission.

Dogfight one, D.III and D.Va...

...versus S.E.5a and a Camel.

Duck!

Smoking Camel... it's all a blur. I think the Germans won that one.

We only had three players, so we drew tokens to decide sides. In dogfight two I got to pick two planes to run. I went with my new S.E.5a and Fonck's SPAD XIII.

The Nieuport 28 at Air & Space Udvar-Hazy. I took the family there for some sight-seeing yesterday.

My opponents were a D.III and a Rumpler.

Love those paint schemes. The D.III survived its fire, and through some tricky flying was able to really damage my S.E.5a.

With both pilot injured and engine damaged, I accidentally flew the S.E.5a into the ground with an illegal maneuver. The SPAD scooted off the field with only 2 points left.

The final battle was our first scenario - a photo recon mission. Snap a pic of the trench, while not getting knocked down by the Camel or the AA.

My new D.Va, the Roland, and a Dr.I are about to face the unknown.

The D.Va was hit by ground fire and began smoking. But silencing the guns on the ground turned about to be surprisingly easy.

The Caudron G.4 at Udvar-Hazy. My wife really likes that plane. I have to admit, it does have style.

A lucky shot from the Roland obliterated the Camel. Boom! With no protection from the air, we were able to strafe the guns and photograph the trench with ease. That was probably my most lucky shot to date.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmacek View Post

The Nieuport 28 at Air & Space Udvar-Hazy. I took the family there for some sight-seeing yesterday.
    Looks like you guys had fun once again... Thanks for all the pics!

The picture of the Nieuport 28 makes me wonder: Why is it that Nexus has not yet released a card or mini for that aircraft yet? I know it was a late war arrival, but it seems to be popular enough in my mind to warrant the attention. Or is there pehaps a card out there in one of the boosters that I have not picked up yet? Or am I just blind alltogether??
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

I like pic-stories. Words can get boring!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    Looks like you guys had fun once again... Thanks for all the pics!

The picture of the Nieuport 28 makes me wonder: Why is it that Nexus has not yet released a card or mini for that aircraft yet? I know it was a late war arrival, but it seems to be popular enough in my mind to warrant the attention. Or is there pehaps a card out there in one of the boosters that I have not picked up yet? Or am I just blind alltogether??
    No, you're not blind. They haven't made a Nieuport 28 card yet. And it wasn't that late - the U.S. used 'em in April 1918 before they got their Spad XIIIs, so they at least slightly predate the Fokker D.VII.

Excellent pictures!

Yes indeed a very good set of pics.The interspersion of the planes in the display was a nice touch too.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thanks.
    Those planes are at Air&Space's Udvar-Hazy facility. Great planes. Gift shop... not so great. They should have had a bunch of WoW Triplanes just waiting for me, but they didn't.

Similar Missions

1. Flame and Smoke special damage markers
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 01-30-2021, 22:42
  2. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 12-13-2020, 06:11
  3. Multiplayer: Snoopy vs the Red Baron: Christmas Special
    By Maniac in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-24-2011, 18:07
  4. Special Damage and crazy bad odds