Ares Games

Thread: Me410 card needed

Default Me410 card needed

I've just added an Me 410A-1 to my collection. Are there any cards already available with the updated stats of a heavy fighter base, H** maneuver deck, ACC/C damage, and 25 hit points on them?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Me410 (6).jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	295296 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Me410 (7).jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	295297

This might lead to something...

Name:	me410_Lines.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	295301

Or this...

Name:	me410_Work1.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	295305

What unit and crew?
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 12-13-2020 at 08:29.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

No preference here. I'll let you make that call.

Ares did have plans to release models of the Messerschmitt 410 at one time. How far they got, we do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by abovetheclouds View Post
    No preference here. I'll let you make that call.
    Me.410 A-1/U1 2.(F)/122 Ofw Arthur Kammberger Uffz. Vitus Mirlbach F6+QK

Perugia, Italy, November 1943
    Mike

Sounds good, looking forward to seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Ares did have plans to release models of the Messerschmitt 410 at one time. How far they got, we do not know.
    From what we've heard (mostly from DB), I'd say series 7 is dead. The Corsair and Lightning will pivot into the SW Pacific line; not sure about the Nakajima Ki.44-II Tojo, but since
    it didn't make it that far south, I'd say not.
    The Me-410 is definitely dead, at least for the foreseeable future (which, given how long Series 7 has been promised,.........)
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Name:	WGS_Me410_2(F)122_KammbergerV3.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	295327
    [Edit: Rear firing arcs tightened up to reflect the outer limitations of the rear turrets.]

Arc 1 is the pilot, Arcs 2 and 3 are the Gunner. I would suspect that unless the target is directly behind or above and behind the plane, the gunner can only shoot with one or the other of the arcs, not at two separate targets. If the gunner is tracking a target from one arc to another, he only gets to maintain the Aim Bonus if he follows the target through the combined firing arc at the tail. This should be house-ruled before starting any game.
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 12-14-2020 at 14:29.
    Mike

Thanks Mike for another excellent creation.

I would have the rear guns just go straight down the 6 O'clock line rather than converging like that; it makes me think they're going to scrape the paint off
    And yes, from my reading, they had to be aimed separately, except if they were locked at 6 O'clock; then they could be fired together.
    I suppose if you aimed them at a fixed angle, say to shoot upwards, then they could be both fired. But you would have to declare, then declare unlocking them.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    I would have the rear guns just go straight down the 6 O'clock line rather than converging like that; it makes me think they're going to scrape the paint off
    And yes, from my reading, they had to be aimed separately, except if they were locked at 6 O'clock; then they could be fired together.
    I suppose if you aimed them at a fixed angle, say to shoot upwards, then they could be both fired. But you would have to declare, then declare unlocking them.
    Karl
    I don't always just make things up. Sometimes. But not this time.

Name:	me410Arc1.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	295324

I went with the deflection indicated in the diagram above.

I suspect this means that when the guns are firing together, there is a bit of wiggle room to keep hitting a target, within a small cone, with both turrets. There will definitely be interlocks to keep the guns from firing into the tail, so that shouldn't be a consideration. As a target moves out of the arc of one of the turrets (I.E.: moving to the left, out of the arc of the right turret and "into the tail") the appropriate turret would stop tracking and firing.

PS: Gack! I just checked this diagram against my firing arcs above, and the outer arc is too wide! Got to fix that...

PPS: If you look at the diagram above, you can see that the turrets are actually below the tail, so it is possible for the rear guns to fire on a target at the same altitude (and climb counters) without a blind spot.
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 12-14-2020 at 14:25.
    Mike

All.

The Plane Card in Post #8 above is now edited with the rear firing arc better reflecting the outer limits of the remote turrets. See the image in Post #11 above.
    Mike

Mike, possible to get this variant of your card?
    Me 410 A-1 1/KG 51 "Edelweiss" , dark/black green

Name:	Edelweiss.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	315264

Research shows the Me.410 for Edelweiss may (should) have been a B-1 version, not an A-1. B-1s had the front MGs replaced with MG 131 (13mm) guns, so the damage is adjusted.

Name:	WGS_Me410_1-KG51_Edelweiss.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	315550

If this is incorrect, it can be fixed.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Research shows the Me.410 for Edelweiss may (should) have been a B-1 version, not an A-1. B-1s had the front MGs replaced with MG 131 (13mm) guns, so the damage is adjusted.
    Many thanks, Mike, looks great.

How comes that 2x light MGs = A turn into no shooting for long range? Isn't the concept of WoG that half of A remains A?

Quote Originally Posted by hokusai View Post

How comes that 2x light MGs = A turn into no shooting for long range? Isn't the concept of WoG that half of A remains A?
    I think the card shows the 2 x 'C' cannons drop to just 1 x 'C', and the 1 x 'B' (2 heavy machine guns) drops to 1 x 'A'?
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    I think the card shows the 2 x 'C' cannons drop to just 1 x 'C', and the 1 x 'B' (2 heavy machine guns) drops to 1 x 'A'?
    Actually I mean the original card in post #8 where A drops to nothing

Quote Originally Posted by hokusai View Post

I was going with the Unofficial Stats, and there is something about always having a 'minimum' possibility of damage from shooting. However, with multiple guns firing at a target, there is a minimum from something.

In the case of the first card above, with two 7.92mm MGs, and two 20mm cannons, damage, at short range would be both cannons and the minimum damage of 'A' from the two 7.92mm MGs. At long range, the cannon damage is divided in half, giving some minimum damage, and therefore not requiring a further minimum damage from the 7.92 mm MGs (which would be nearly negligable ordinarily).

In the second card, the two 13mm MGs have reduction of 'A' damage at long range. Therefore, it is added to the halved cannon damage.

There was a thread, or designers comments, somewhere, where Andera did say that 'A' damage was decided as the minimum damage done by some weapons. He also said that it wasn't initially considered to represent a single small MG, and we have been dealing with that 'minimum' damage ever since.

PS: Perhaps this: WWII Damage Types
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 06-13-2022 at 18:58.
    Mike

Similar Missions

1. Ki 27 Nate card needed
    By Nightbomber in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-31-2023, 14:23
  2. Stats and card needed for P1Y1 Ginga (Frances)
    By abovetheclouds in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-18-2020, 07:09
  3. Card and stats needed for Ki-46 Dinah, not Ki-45 Toryu (Nick)
    By abovetheclouds in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-01-2020, 12:01
  4. WGF Nieuport 24bis card needed
    By Nightbomber in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-02-2015, 08:28
  5. Help Needed with P-38 Lightning Card
    By Coog in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-14-2012, 06:42