Ares Games

Thread: What Ho!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Graham
    Sorties Flown

Default What Ho!

Hello all, new member reporting in.

I’m new to Wings of Glory WW1, but an experienced gamer and RPG author (when not doing my day job). I’m based in the Worcestershire area, having recently moved out of the city (Brum). I’ve already purchased a number of aircraft (it’s rather addictive I’m finding)...

My knowledge of WW1 aircraft is currently basic, but I aim to improve it. I’m also dipping a toe into WW1 fiction, and have Goshawk Squadron on order.

Great to be here,

Cheers!

Greetings Graham. You will find this forum a very welcoming place. With lots of folk that are more than happy to pass on their sagely advice to new pilots

Welcome to the 'drome Graham from a sunny Dorset this afternoon, enjoy the adventure !

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Hi there Graham, welcome aboard. Once all this virus thing is over, hope to meet you at one of the shows/events.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

(welcoming head bobs) from the lizard here in the 'States.
    Be sure to check the files section for scads of ad-ons, like "unofficial" aircraft, scenarios, playmats, DYO campaigns, etc.
    And if you're looking to expand your collect, check out the sale/trades/wanted threads, check the aerodrome store, and if you have any modeling skills, consider Shapeways. Be wary of EvilBay, rare stuff does pop there every now and then, but it's likely going to cost a metric buttload of money. There are exceptions, of course, so if you do see something that, grab it while you can.

Welcome aboard Graham

Hi Graham, welcome from Essex.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Graham
    Sorties Flown

Thanks all; I’ll be sure to have a look at the files - thanks for the pointers

Welcome to the 'Drome, Graham!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Welcome to the 'Drome from across the pond!

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Graham, from here near Norwich.

Welcome to the Aerodrome Graham from an extremely foggy Dorset this morning.

Default Welcome

Welcome to the 'Drome' Graham from a cold and dreary West Yorkshire. Look at the file section, lots there for everyone.
    Fly safe and always watch your 'Six'.

welcome to the drome Graham!!! this game is great for learning more about ww1 aircraft. i had a cursory knowledge when i got into it. ive learned quite a bit since then.

Bienvenue from Brittany Graham. Love the Derek Robinson books but you might try Sagittarius rising by Cecil Lewis. Real pilot in 56 Sq and a great read for getting the feel of what it was like back then.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

A warm welcometo you, from me in Bristol

Welcome to the Aerodrome from New England.

Hi Graham. Welcome from a currently wet and windy Devon.

I’ve already purchased a number of aircraft (it’s rather addictive I’m finding)...
    Careful buddy, otherwise you'll end up like the rest of us, with no spare space to store more models
    Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Bienvenue from Brittany Graham. Love the Derek Robinson books but you might try Sagittarius rising by Cecil Lewis. Real pilot in 56 Sq and a great read for getting the feel of what it was like back then.
    I’ll second what Paul says about Sagittarius Rising, terrific book.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Welcome from Nottinghamshire Graham.
    I have several of Robinson's books. If we can meet at a show next year I will pass them on to you to read, if you remind me to bring them.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Ello Graham

Welcome from Enfield. Goshawk Squadron - good book. Enjoy the Drome

Welcome, having recently returned to the system, I am already well over budget!

Quote Originally Posted by Gangleader147 View Post
    That's the style!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Gangleader147 View Post
    Budget deficit, it's the only way to build a proper air force. (read acquire a reasonable collection!)

Welcome to the 'Drome from the beautiful Hudson River Valley, Graham! If you have any questions post them up -- this site is full of knowledgeable and helpful people.
    Bill

Hi Graham from South Australia. May you always be victorious in your sorties.

Greetings that man! Its a cracker of a hobby/game system! I'm just up the road in kings Norton.