Ares Games
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New planes for the V2 list

Exclamation New planes for the V2 list

I'm starting this thread for new plane stats pending the release of the V2 table. Please keep discussion to the point, and uncluttered.
    Thank you.
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Something for the French fliers:
    Bloch MB.151/152:
    D deck. Hits 16, ceiling 11, climb 5 Guns are A/B for the 151 or C-C-A/C for the 152.

Loire-Nieuport LN.401/411
    Deck: ZJ( with divebombing cards added) Damage: 15 Ceiling: 11 Climb: 6 Guns: C-A/A

Amiot 143: Deck Q(Z)b. Damage 22. Ceiling: 9. Climb: 8.
    Guns: Front turret: A/A 9 O'clock to 3 O'clock, low to high
    Dorsal turret: A/A, 360 level to high with B.S. front and rear arcs
    Front ventral: A/A 10 O'clock to 2 O'c clock, low
    Rear ventral: A/A 4 O' clock to 8 O' clock low.
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

By request, Ki-15-I and II Babs

Ki-15-I: K deck; 15 hits. Rear gun: A/A; Ceiling: 12; Climb 5
    Ki-15-II: D deck; 15 hits. Rear gun: A/A; Ceiling : 9; Climb: 4
    Navy versions:
    C5M1: K deck; 15 hits. Rear gun: A/A; Ceiling: 9; Climb 5
    C5M2: K deck; 15 hits. Rear gun: A/A; Ceiling: 11; Climb 4

Fighter base.
    House Rules: 1,2,3

Nakajima Ki-44 Tojo Model Ia and Ib
    Nakajima Ki-44-Ia: Deck E; Hits 18; Guns: B-A/A; Ceiling 13: climb: 3
    Nakajima Ki-44-Ib: Deck E; Hits 18; Guns: B-B/B; Ceiling 13: climb: 3

End of the war nightfighter:

Junkers Ju.88G-7
    V deck; Guns: C-C-C-C / C-C
    Damage 28; ceiling 10; climb: 7; Bomber base.

Blackburn Skua:
    Deck: XA (add divebombing cards) [This is the He-111's deck]
    Hits: 17
    Ceiling: 7
    Climb: 6
    Guns: B/A // A/A (standard rear firing arc)
    Base: Fighter

Do you think that the Skua should be given tighter turns than a Heinkel III and perhaps even an Immelmann turn (maybe restricting it to when it is not carrying bombs)?

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Do you think that the Skua should be given tighter turns than a Heinkel III and perhaps even an Immelmann turn (maybe restricting it to when it is not carrying bombs)?
    Yes, probably. It's tough being restricted to the decks we have, sometimes.
    That said, the alternative is to create brand new decks, which violates my sense of right.
    Let me think an this tomorrow; I'm fried from work right now.
    Karl

OK guys. I have to make a serious apology.
    While trying to make a turn card for the XA deck, my measurements were mathematically correct from my tables, but it looks too small. So I
    got out a He.111 for the cards. Either my scientific ruler is way off, or I have more bad data.
    I fixed the tables for the XA and XB decks, but now the Skua is too slow for the XA deck
    (Getting really mad at myself now).
    The "good" news is that we can use the Z(T) deck (arrow only movement) with only adding divebomb cards.
    Karl

Karl,

A few other Japanese planes that would be cool to see stats for should you have the time;
    Ki-36 Ida
    Ki-51 Sonia
    C6N Myrt as a standard recon aircraft. I’m not sure if it would change if you just took the guns out
    Ki-46 Dinah

I know none of them are very exciting planes, but I plane to produce models and fly them all someday. I think these would wrap up everything I would ever think of putting into a game.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dak21 View Post
    Karl,

A few other Japanese planes that would be cool to see stats for should you have the time;
    Ki-36 Ida
    Ki-51 Sonia
    C6N Myrt as a standard recon aircraft. I’m not sure if it would change if you just took the guns out
    Ki-46 Dinah

I know none of them are very exciting planes, but I plane to produce models and fly them all someday. I think these would wrap up everything I would ever think of putting into a game.

Thanks!
    I like the idea of the Ki-51 and Ki-46.

Karl,

Ki-36 Ida
    Ki-51 Sonia
    Ki-46 Dinah

Thanks!
    OK: The Ki-46 was already done:
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...5-Toryu-(Nick)

Tachikawa KI-36 (Ida): Deck = ZM* (no 90 degree turns); Hits: 14; Ceiling 9; Climb 6; Guns: A/A - A/A

Ki-51 Sonia: Deck: I*: (no second dive card or dive bomb cards; will need to add the 30 degree turn cards from my files)
    Hits: 16; Ceiling: 9; Climb: 6;
    Guns: A/A (late war B/A) - A/A

C6N Myrt: Deck: Q*+: no extreme side slips; ad a second set os side slip cards.
    Hits: 18; Ceiling: 12; Climb: 4; Guns: - A/A or C-C/C SM (Very rare; used as a night fighter.).
    Note: crew of 3, but no ability to change seats, so the navigator/observer is a free crew hit

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    OK: The Ki-46 was already done:
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...5-Toryu-(Nick)

Tachikawa KI-36 (Ida): Deck = ZM* (no 90 degree turns); Hits: 14; Ceiling 9; Climb 6; Guns: A/A - A/A

Ki-51 Sonia: Deck: I*: (no second dive card or dive bomb cards; will need to add the 30 degree turn cards from my files)
    Hits: 16; Ceiling: 9; Climb: 6;
    Guns: A/A (late war B/A) - A/A

C6N Myrt: Deck: Q*+: no extreme side slips; ad a second set os side slip cards.
    Hits: 18; Ceiling: 12; Climb: 4; Guns: - A/A or C-C/C SM (Very rare; used as a night fighter.).
    Note: crew of 3, but no ability to change seats, so the navigator/observer is a free crew hit
    Thanks Karl!

Thank you so much Karl!!

Vickers Vildebeest
    Deck: D(Zb); hits: 16; ceiling: 7; climb: 9; guns: A/A - A/A:
    (note: forward gun should only fire up the 12 O'Clock line, due to the lack of maneuverability of this plane like most bombers.)
    HF base; House rule: 1, 2, 3

Excellent Karl, thank you! I’ll have some cards posted in the Painting Showcase on a few weeks.

Here are some additional Stuka variants:

Junkers Ju 87D-3
    Deck: I
    Guns (Front): A/A
    Guns (Rear): A/A
    Damage: 19
    Ceiling: 8

Junkers Ju 87D-5
    Guns (Front): C/A

Junkers Ju 87G-2
    Guns (Front): D-D/D
    House Rules: 8
    Notes: 3

(house rules and notes based on the supplementary notes document)

Let me know if any of this seems somewhat off
    Last edited by RobotSpark; 04-07-2021 at 19:37. Reason: Forgot to change the damage value of the G-2

I did have some questions relating to my custom stukas that I hope some of the more experienced players here can help me out on:

- The Ju 87B series had one 7.92mm MG-15 for a rear armament, but the Ju 87D and G series had a double-barreled 7.92mm MG 81Z for the rear gunner - would this increase the in-game armament at all?
    - Is the front armament value for the D-5 (C/A) consistent with other German planes for a plane with two 20mm MG 151/20 cannons?

Two 'A' guns perform exactly the same as one in WGS, so the twin mount MG81 gains no advantage.

I would have guessed at CC/C for the front guns - perhaps the Stuka's lack of speed and manoeuvrability adversely affect this?
    Karl will be the chap to know the answer.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

I hadn't looked at the D models yet: stats look ok at a glance. The D-5 swapping out the wing-mounted MGs for 20mm would be a C-C/C.
    Given that this was for ground support, and the pilots had little training in air-to-air shooting, I would use my house rule for medium/heavy bombers with fixed frontal guns:
    they are only allowed to fire up the 12 O'clock line. Gives you a chance, but notes that you are not dogfighting.

The G-1 and G-2 were pretty much the same plane. The I deck is too fast, so I have to look at it sometime soon.
    Note that the 37mm guns are slow firing, and only meant for ground attack. I have read of no instance of them hitting a flying airplane.

The MG-87Z is an interesting piece. I had not read about it before. officially, twin 7.62mm would still be an A/A. However, given the RoF, I would rate the B/A as a house rule.

Get back to you on the G models soon.
    Karl

I don't know why I didn't reply sooner, but the G-2 gets the "house rule" that applies to all "tank buster" aircraft with gunpods in that it can only perform slow manoeuvres, so it shouldn't be too fast in that case

Quote Originally Posted by RobotSpark View Post
    I don't know why I didn't reply sooner, but the G-2 gets the "house rule" that applies to all "tank buster" aircraft with gunpods in that it can only perform slow manoeuvres, so it shouldn't be too fast in that case
    True; but having a deck you can do both fast (sort of) and slow maneuvers is best.
    Sorry, life has gotten odd, in a not fun way. I'll probably spend some of the coming holiday weekend (only 2 days for me; got to love life in retail) looking at the back.log.
    Karl

Do.335A-1: Deck: T(130%); Guns: C-C-D/C-C; Damage: 27; Ceiling: 13; Climb: 4 Fighter Base
    Do.335A-6: Deck: T; Guns: C-C-D/C-C; Damage: 27; Ceiling: 13; Climb: 4 Fighter Base
    Do.335B-2: Deck: T(125%); Guns: C-C-D-D-D/D-C-C; Damage: 27; Ceiling: 13; Climb: 4 Fighter Base

Ta.152H-1: Deck: R(125%); Guns: C-C-D / C-C; Damage: 20; Ceiling: 16; Climb: 1
    Ta.152C-1; Deck: R(125%); Guns: C-C-C-C-D / C-C-C; Damage: 20; Ceiling: 13; Climb: 3

Junkers Ju.87G: Deck: T(Z): Guns: D/ and A/A Damage: 18; Ceiling: 6; Climb: 8.
    Note: the gun pods can be jettisoned; the stats then revert to those of the Ju.87D (no forward MGs though). And again, these D guns are for AT only; no pot-shooting at the LaGGs
    Note 2: no divebombing cards with this deck; dive brakes and bomb racks were removed.

Nakajima B6N Tenzan (Jill) (the N1 and N2 come out the same):
    Deck: K(7); Damage: 18; Ceiling: 10; Climb: 6; Guns: na / A/A plus A/A ventral gun (rear arc lower only); Fighter base.
    Note: I'm using the new system for deck modifying: the (7) indicates that the K deck will only use it's regular set of SSs (deleting the fast-only set), as well as making them not-difficult.
    New deck modifying system: https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...430#post557430
    Karl

Karl,

What would the gunnery be for the Bristol Blenheim MKI-F version with the 4 extra forward firing machine guns?

While I am at making cards for them, would you mind converting the plane to the new system? I am doing MKI's and I-F's.

Thank you!

Let me check Sunday; my time off for the holiday won't be until the 10th.
    Karl

OK, I already re-did these. The only change is to the maneuver deck, and that goes to a XF deck (Ju.88 A-4).
    Note that these planes are due for the next release, and the deck for them is likely to be somewhat different, but the XF deck will get you there until then.
    The Mk-IVF changes the forward guns to B/A.
    Karl

If a Hurricane Mk I is a BB/B with 8 .303s, would adding 4x .303s to a Blenheim Mk.I (A/A) make it a BBA/A?

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    If a Hurricane Mk I is a BB/B with 8 .303s, would adding 4x .303s to a Blenheim Mk.I (A/A) make it a BBA/A?
    The Blenheim bomber has a single 303 in the left wing. Adding the gunpod adds 4 303s and removes the ventral turret, so techniquely it would be BA/A, but since the A is defined as 2 303s,
    I prefer to leave it as B/A. Lord knows if the wing gun is harmonized with the gunpod, though I really doubt it, which makes this even more sense.
    Karl

Thank you Karl!

I wonder what year the next release will happen in?

Thank you Karl!

I wonder what year the next release will happen in?

Has anyone ever done a set of stats for the F1M Pete? I've got one painted up and am starting on the card art.

Thanks!

Has anyone ever done a set of stats for the F1M Pete? I've got one painted up and am starting on the card art.

Thanks!
    I don't think so........let me check the files next week (just got home from Dayton).
    Karl

I couldn't locate any game stats for Nakajima A6M2-N (Rufe), or Aichi Ryusei B7A2 (Grace).

The latest bunch:

XP-67 Moonbat: Deck: T(hf)(8); guns: 6xD/3xD*; Damage: 28; Ceiling: 12; Climb: 4; HF base
    *Note: given the great dislike of US pilots with the M4 37mm cannon, I suspect
    if the bugs were worked out, it would end up with 20mm cannon, so 6xC/3xC.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nakajima B6N2 Tenzan (Jill): Deck K(7); guns: A/A rear arc plus A/A rear arc, lower only (no blindspot).
    Damage: 18 (note: no self-sealing gas tanks, so HR2 can be used (also HR3)
    Ceiling: 10; Climb: 6 Fighter base (just inside the limit)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bloch MB200: Deck: H(zb)(8); Guns: Nose gun: A/A 10:00 to 2:00; Dorsal gun: A/A 360, level to high, with front and rear
    blindspots (tail and engines; the front one might be more, check a vertical view); Vental gun: A/A 4:00 to 8:00 low only.
    Damage: 20 (I assume no armor or self-sealing tanks, so HR1,2,3 can be used).
    Ceiling: 9; Climb: 8

----------------------------------------------

Mitsubishi F1M Pete. Deck: P(z); Guns: A/A plus A/A rear arc. Damage: 14; Ceiling: 10; Climb: 6

Nakajima A6M2-N (Rufe): Deck: J; Guns: A-C-C/C Damage: 14; Ceiling: 11; Climb: 4 F Base; HR1,2,3

Aichi Ryusei B7A2 (Grace): DEck: W; Guns: C-C/C plus A/A rear arc; Damage: 20; Ceiling: 12; Climb: 5, F base; HR3

Note: the gun pods can be jettisoned; the stats then revert to those of the Ju.87D (no forward MGs though).
    I'm not entirely sure this was possible - dropping a pair of what were essentially anti-tank guns seems very costly.

Also, on an unrelated note, unless I'm mistaken I can't find any rules for the Typhoon or Tempest anywhere.

I'm not entirely sure this was possible - dropping a pair of what were essentially anti-tank guns seems very costly..
    Oh, I agree. It was given as an option, and I suppose if it's your life (and your a highly trained pilot like Rudel), then it would be a good option to have.

Also, on an unrelated note, unless I'm mistaken I can't find any rules for the Typhoon or Tempest anywhere.
    Yes; one issue I had was that I often reply to comments, requests, etc. on other threads.
    It had gotten a bit confusing, and my filing of notes was not a systematic as it should have been.
    (the combination of "Shiney-Squirrel syndrome" and bouts of S.A.D.)
    However:
    the Hawker Typhoon Mk.IB: Deck T; damage: 20; guns: C-C-C-C/C-C; ceiling: 12; climb: 4
    The Hawker Tempest Mk.V: Deck T(1.06); damage: 20; guns: C-C-C-C/C-C; ceiling: 12; climb: 3.
    Note: the Tempest was a bit faster than the T deck allows (700KmPH), so if you want to, take a scan of the T deck, and
    using a simple graphics program, increase all the cards, except the climb and stall, by 1.06.
    The straight arrow should be 8.5cm long.
    The Hawker Tempest Mk.II: DeckT(1.07); guns: CCCC/CC; hits: 20; ceiling: 13; climb: 3 (straight arrow 8.75cm)

Karl

Thanks for the reply! Where would I be able to get a T deck?

If you don't mind printing your own I can send you a scan if you PM me your email address.

It's from the P-47 Thunderbolt. If you have one, great; or take up Peter's offer.
    Karl

I thought I'd also throw in some rules for the Typhoon Mk. Ia based on the Ib's stats.

Typhoon Mk. Ia
    Deck: T
    Guns: B-B-B/A-B
    Damage: 20
    Ceiling: 12
    Climb: 4

Also, as far as I can tell, the following planes don't have any stats:

- Any of the Beaufighters
    - Any of the Mosquitos
    - Fi 156 Storch
    - Fw 200 Condor
    - Fw 189 Uhu

and probably some others I didn't include

Beaufighters were released by 'Ares', so Unofficial stats are unnecessary - they already exist Officially
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Ahh, rightio - but it might be worth including them in the list like other official aircraft for ease of reference.

Also, as far as I can tell, the following planes don't have any stats:

- Any of the Beaufighters
    - Any of the Mosquitos
    - Fi 156 Storch
    - Fw 200 Condor
    - Fw 189 Uhu
    Lots still don't have stats; however:

Mosquitos: https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...sie-stats-here

Fw 200 Condor: https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...0-Condor-Stats

For the Fi 156 Storch there was some discussion, but after searching, we didn't come up with official stats.
    The Fw 189 has not been discusses, AFAIK.
    Karl

A minor finding (for perfectionists).

The unofficial aircraft sheet lists the Curtiss Kittyhawk Mk.I as B-B/B. Now this is true only for the first 20 machines delivered to the British. The other 460 had already 6 x 0.5 caliber mgs.
    Source: 'Squadron-Signal 8262 Detail & Scale 62 Curtiss P-40' page 10/11

Well, the KH Mk,I is an official (via the Fire in the sky box set, so card only IIRC) plane.
    However, your research is shown in numerous on-line sources, so if a player wants to use B-B-B/B-A, have at it
    Karl

Any chance to get stats for the Fiat RS.14 float plane?

Quote Originally Posted by hokusai View Post
    Any chance to get stats for the Fiat RS.14 float plane?
    This is going to be a very tough one. It's right in the speed that can't be fit with regular deck movement (it needs a bomber base, so only has 0.47cm
    of arrow after the 8cm base), and too fast for arrow length only movement. Let me think on this.
    Karl

and too fast for arrow length only movement.
    Karl
    Maybe arrow length only on a %-scaled up card?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. WGF Last 3 planes of my want list
    By Texas_Archer in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2020, 10:37
  2. Is there a list of planes and their decks?
    By Popsical in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-27-2018, 21:09
  3. Washington: Where can I find a list of planes by date of availability?
    By FCPTJoe in forum US Wing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-11-2015, 09:22
  4. List of planes by manufcturer
    By Burt in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-24-2011, 11:31
  5. What planes are missing from this list
    By Oberst Hajj in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 17:59