Ares Games

Thread: Shapeways Discounts (was Cyber 2020 discount)

Default Shapeways Discounts (was Cyber 2020 discount)

I got mail that there is a 10% discount on Shapeways orders on Nov 30 (Monday) - and Dec 1 (Tues)* with the code "CYBER2020", and I don't see any restrictions saying it is for designers-own-goods only, so it should apply to everyone. Please respond to this message if that turns out to be incorrect.

https://mailchi.mp/28dd2cf63043/were...6?e=d4779ec79d

* = it actually runs partly into Wednesday, but let's ignore that since we're all in different time zones.

I received it too, Daryl, it's a general customer sale. I should have waited 12 hours to submit my latest order, but we'll see if customer service can apply it.

My notice came this morning and I just received another one. 10% off orders over $50 but $5 max discount. Then my last order came in the mail.
    Last edited by BobP; 11-30-2020 at 12:51.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    My notice came this morning and I just received another one. 10% off orders over $50 but $5 max discount. Then my last order came in the mail.
    Isn't that how it works? Place an order then there is a sale.

Not much of a sale. That $5 is less then the price of one model.

Shapeways have sent me FIVE emails in the last 16 hours - 4 offering this Cyber Discount, and one advertising their new 3D Colour Print media.

Fortunately, I filled my cart 3 days ago, but have not yet pressed the trigger
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Not much of a sale. That $5 is less then the price of one model.
    "Promo code CYBER2020 is good for 10% off on your next order of at least $50 USD before taxes and VAT. Code is valid for a maximum discount of $5,000 USD per order before taxes and VAT."

$5000 is a LOT more than the cost of one model!

My next order looks like netting me $60 - $70 dollars off.

I pulled the trigger on a Felixstowe, a couple of N16s, a Fokker E.IV and some WW2 planes. Don't really need them now but hey, it's a little cheaper than if I did this next March.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    I pulled the trigger on a Felixstowe, a couple of N16s, a Fokker E.IV and some WW2 planes. Don't really need them now but hey, it's a little cheaper than if I did this next March.
    Don't forget to add a SPAD X.IV

I finally bought 2 or more of each plane I was after, so received a "Bulk Discount" on every type, followed by the 10%

Saved quite a bit!

I expect this to be MUCH cheaper than waiting 'til after January 1st, when the Customs Union expires owing to Brexit, and the Pound:Euro rate falls, making every plane pricier - plus, of course, no Cyber Discount.

Looks like people are bulk buying DVII's and Pup's from what I've seen so far

Not many sales of my new FK10 - anyone got it painted yet? mine's just sitting there.

Much as I wanted to skip this, I succumbed to the sale. Had to get some aftermarket WH40K guns to convert some Soviet winter troops into Valhallans (or more likely, have ShadowCat do it for me ).
    So of course, some planes too
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Tim I thought that was a mistake because I don't see them giving a 5 thousand dollar discount. The first one I read said a $5.00 discount MAX. I just placed an order and did get over a $7 discount. Thanks for pointing out my mistake.
    Last edited by BobP; 12-01-2020 at 08:30.

Tim I thought that was a mistake because I don't see them giving a 5 thousand dollar discount. The first one I read said a $5.00 discount MAX.
    The Bulk Discount is something that Darryl mentioned on a Price Increase thread recently.

If you "Buy" 1 print of a model, and put it in your cart, leave it and add more singletons.

Then, if you go back and "Edit Cart" to increase the model count to more than one, a "Bulk Discount Applied" message appears, and the cost per unit falls - mine fell by around 8 - 10% per model.

My list of models reached over $930, but was reduced by Bulk Discount to under $850, which was then reduced by the 10% CYBER offer to around $780.

The Bulk Discount is not at all obvious (and didn't apply to GRAY models, only the WSF equivalents I ordered, but that was 99% of them.
    Last edited by Flying Helmut; 12-01-2020 at 08:41.

$780??? Cripes, how many have you got coming? You could get yourself a decent 3D printer for that kind of money and do them yourself cheaper.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    $780??? Cripes, how many have you got coming? You could get yourself a decent 3D printer for that kind of money and do them yourself cheaper.
    No

!) I don't have room for one in my house
    2) I don't know anything about them, and would get the wrong one
    3) I would make too much mess
    4) I don't have the time to devote to sorting it out properly

This should be my last Shapeways order, with a bit of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by decapod View Post

Not many sales of my new FK10 - anyone got it painted yet? mine's just sitting there.
    I did purchase one of your ships, and a number of airplanes from other shops.
    So how many books are in your personal library?

I have some sopwith pups, sopwith triplanes and spad vii coming. That should keep me busy for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by decapod View Post

HUH? I have never heard of this one. The model looks interesting. Are there any unofficial stats for this plane?

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    HUH? I have never heard of this one. The model looks interesting. Are there any unofficial stats for this plane?
    I don't think the committee worked up any, though it shouldn't be too hard.
    Let me see if I can look at it this week.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Awesome. That would be great. A plane like that would get some conversions started when it is put on the table.

Posted to the committee; I'm waffling between two decks.
    Just don't count on it moving across the matt fast.
    Karl

Here you go, Dan:

Armstrong Whitworth F.K.10
    Deck: Y
    Damage: 13
    Ceiling: 8
    Climb: 6
    Guns: B/B

Karl

My Cyber2020 order arrived today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo1.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	295346

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo2.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	295347

The ships are 1/700 scale and include (from back to front):
    EFC 1057 Cargo ship WW1 by Decapod Models
    1/700 Scale 6000 ton steel tank steamer Dannedaike by Bill's Models
    1/700 Scale 4200 ton Steel Cargo Ship Castilla by Bill's Models
    [The painted one in front is to compare sizes with the other ships]

Airplanes include:
    1/144 or 1/100 Felixstowe F.2a Early Model by Decapod Models
    Curtiss HS-1L (various scales) in Gray PA12 by RAF
    Breguet-Michelin 4 (various scales) in Gray PA12 by RAF
    Farman F.40 (various scales) in Gray PA12 by RAF
    SPAD 11 (various scales) in Gray PA12 by RAF
    Voisin 3 (various scales) by RAF
    Rumpler 6B1 (various scales) by RAF.

The French aircraft are for my growing Belgian Air Service. The rest are when we can play again at Gritty Goblin Games. There will be some serious naval action.
    So how many books are in your personal library?

I'm looking forward to seeing them painted!

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but for the five days left in May you can get free shipping from Shapeways on orders over US$99. The code is "FREESHIPMAY".

Does anyone know if shapeways is doing a 2021 discount code for black friday?

I haven't seen one yet. I was hoping to pick up some more test prints with -- at least -- free shipping or something.

On a side note...
    It will be interesting to see how Shapeways changes now that they're a publicly-traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. I'm hoping they lean toward "let's increase profits by higher volume" rather than "let's increase profits by charging more".

I got this email from Shapeways, and it looks to only cover Monday:
    Our annual Cyber Monday sale is here! Use CYBER2021 code on orders of $99 or more.
    If you have any questions or need help, please let me know.
    Disclaimer: The CyberMonday Sale will run for 24 hours starting at 12pm EST, not all materials are included in this sale. (For Example: Sandstone, Platinum and Gold) All transactions that are place before and/or after this sale are not subject to receive this promotional value of 10%.
    Alas, there's no way to make it work for the models offered in Etsy.

Strange, I usually get the emails from Shapeways but not this time. Probably better as I really have too many to paint up already, not that's ever stopped me before.
    Last edited by Teaticket; 11-26-2021 at 17:23.

Strange, I usually get the emails from Shapeways but not this time. Probably better as I really have too many to paint up already, not that's ever stopped me before.
    Ditto!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Ditto!
    Me as well

Karl

I finally received the email notification, on the day of the sale (not much time to respond! )
    Then, I got the same email AGAIN, this afternoon!

Just as well I'm not planning to buy any more Shapeways planes.

I want some other bits, but they can wait for next year's sales.

Similar Missions

1. Pennsylvania: cyber war II coming in Nov 2020
    By mikejr74 in forum US Wing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-14-2020, 10:13
  2. Shapeways Cyber Monday Sale
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-02-2019, 11:27
  3. General Shapeways Discount
    By guthroth in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-20-2015, 13:02
  4. General 20% DISCOUNT on SHAPEWAYS TODAY ONLY - Black Friday... GET IN QUICK!
    By Dark Horse in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-24-2012, 12:34
  5. Shapeways order #4 - with discount before Dec 31st
    By Zoe Brain in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-23-2012, 17:15