Ares Games

Thread: Sale on BSG Starter Set and Spaceship packs

Default Sale on BSG Starter Set and Spaceship packs

ARES GAMES launches its Black Friday sale and you can find great deals on many Wings of Glory Miniature Game products.
    Free shipping worldwide on all orders above $ 200 ($150 inside the USA).
    https://ks.aresgames.eu/

The whole Battlestar Galactica line is on sale.
    Do you think it might announces the stop of the game because of poor sales, despite the future release of the Faster Than Light cardboard expansion pack ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	32F202FF-B849-4F82-BE03-3FE482309543.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	294850

Name:	485AE0E9-4F45-4CFE-B607-72C05A379CF4.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	294851

Name:	3CD5D170-1C00-46C7-B65A-D6DD75936069.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	294852
    Last edited by monse; 11-27-2020 at 06:35.

The unpredictable events of the past year have been very hard on gaming, with many events that would have allowed promotion of games not occurring. I hope that Ares can hang in there until world-wide vaccines permit conventions on something close to pre-pandemic lock-down conditions.

Selling existing stock to generate cash flow is not necessarily a sign the line is being abandoned. I hope.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Not knowing the licensing contract Ares took, we won't know, but I'm guessing not likely.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

They also have Wings of Glory planes and other games in their sale.

I'm definitely excited about the Faster than Light expansion. But at the same time, I think I should wait and see. There been so much talk of expansions and releases over the years than never came thought.

I'd really like to see/have a highly detailed model of the Galactica, missiles and more. That and two balloons for WOG: WWI. Whoo hoo!

I'm hoping there will eventually be rules for big ships but if not I'm confident we can figure something out.

Name:	PXL_20201201_180753789.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	167.6 KB 
ID:	294991

If you can do some painting and modeling consider the Armaments in Miniature drachen.

Name:	PXL_20201130_051425668.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	294992

Quote Originally Posted by malachi View Post
    I'm hoping there will eventually be rules for big ships but if not I'm confident we can figure something out.

Name:	PXL_20201201_180753789.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	167.6 KB 
ID:	294991

If you can do some painting and modeling consider the Armaments in Miniature drachen.

Name:	PXL_20201130_051425668.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	294992
    Thinking "Big Ships", and the arrival of Landing and Take-off rules, I came up with this: BSG Hangar Thread - Post #11

I haven't thought out the rules for defensive weapons for that close in on the Galactica, but I now have a vision of the structure of the Hangar Pods.

I have taken some attempt to count turrets and point defence guns on images of the Galactica, and nothing really agrees with the stats listed in different locations. 24-50 main turrets (I can only count 20 on the best images I can acquire), and up to 514 Point Defence guns (If you count dual turrets as two guns?)

For the Hangar Pod, there are perhaps 40 turrets visible... What does that mean for fire power and damage potential to incoming Raiders? No idea.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

My viewings of the TV series have thrown up a few ideas...

The main guns, in twin turrets, have a very slow rate of fire (recoiling after each shot) than the point defence "spray" guns.
    The main guns appear to be aimed, at specific targets, while the Point Defence weapons seem to be Area Fire "barrage" weapons, unaimed.

All the guns are subject to ammunition supply limits - early on, without ammo, 'Galactica' is vulnerable to strikes from single missiles.
    A trip to Ragnar Anchorage fills her 4 magazines, and turns her into a Cylon-shredding monster.
    "Go get me some bullets, Chief." - Adama to Tyrol.

Perhaps a chart, with 4 magazines marked on it, and a counter on each, which is moved down and down with use.
    A player could choose to stretch out the supply, or fire at maximum rate for short periods? I don't know.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

I think I said this in a different post. FASA made a BattleStar Galactica game. Reasonably simple but still tactical and fun. They had two maps, one of the BattleStar and another for the BaseStar. We made home rules for landing, refueling, rearming and limited repairs. Actually I'm looking at it now. I think I want to play.

This one?

Name:	fasa-battlestar-galactica-parts2.jpeg 
Views:	58 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	294997

I bought it on ebay 4 months ago.

It deals with the 1978 Battlestar rather than the re-imagined one, but I have never explored the game having acquired it.
    Maybe I should.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

That is the one. Yes I would try it out. It was fun to play.

It resembles FASA's Star Trek ship combat game

FASA came out with 'Last Star Fighter' then 'BattleStar Galactica'.

So it wouldn't be surprising that they used the same mechanics for Star Trek.

Similar Missions

1. WGS Wings of War WW2 Starter Sets for sale
    By Fix in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-08-2021, 03:40
  2. WGF Wings of War revised Deluxe Starter Set ***for sale***
    By needles in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-05-2018, 05:20
  3. BoB Starter
    By Trumpet in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 47