Results 1 to 28 of 28

Thread: Dorset - who is here??

  1. #1

    Default Dorset - who is here??

    I see the posts around Entoyment, Flight Club etc

    How many peeps are local?

  2. #2

    Default

    Forgot to mention, I'm Wimborne ...

  3. #3

    Default

    I'm in Corfe Mullen but you knew that.

    Other regulars at Entoyment are Sherlochnumber1 (Andy), Yellow Peril (Hobz), Chianti Raider (Iain) and Frag Thief (Carl). All are registered on the forum but don't seem to have been active on here in the last 6 months. Thommo (Simon) joined the forum in July 2019 but hasn't been seen on here since.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauerkraut View Post
    I'm in Corfe Mullen but you knew that.

    Other regulars at Entoyment are Sherlochnumber1 (Andy), Yellow Peril (Hobz), Chianti Raider (Iain) and Frag Thief (Carl). All are registered on the forum but don't seem to have been active on here in the last 6 months. Thommo (Simon) joined the forum last July but hasnt been seen on here since.
    Very effiicent (as ever) Mr T, Frag Thief, is that THE Carl??

  5. #5

    Default

    Yes it is the Carl!

    We have a couple of other players at the store like Richard and Ethan but they have not been coaxed onto the forum yet.

    Shouldn't be a problem setting you up with games once Boris allows us out to play again.

  6. #6

    Default

    Aha - time to get the clubs back out then.

  7. #7

    Default

    I've just checked the new Tier system, alas no mention of Wings of Glory..AGAIN - just not fair

    Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauerkraut View Post
    I'm in Corfe Mullen but you knew that.
    But I did not know that Andy. My brother-in-law lives in Corfe Mullen.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  9. #9

    Default

    Does your brother in law play Rob?

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauerkraut View Post
    Does your brother in law play Rob?
    If not, he should!

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauerkraut View Post
    ...We have a couple of other players at the store like Richard and Ethan but they have not been coaxed onto the forum yet...
    Ethan (Squire) is on the forum chaps - but not been active for a while.
    We also have some neighbours in the surrounding counties who join in the fun at Flight Club when they can - Alex (Prodromoi), Mike (Mikeemagnus), Rob (Rabscallion), Neil (NeilCFord) and those from further afield like Tim (Flying Helmut) & Andy (Ajay) when he lived in Sussex.
    These chaps also support the game at shows across the SW & beyond for which I've been very grateful and partly the reason for FC so we can game together in between times.

    "He is wise who watches"

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauerkraut View Post
    Does your brother in law play Rob?
    Unfortunately not Andy. He is over 80 and a bit set in his ways now.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  13. #13

    Default

    Looking promising for some hooking up once conditions etc start to free up. And with Entoyment potentially having more stock arriving, would be good to fly some missions.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Unfortunately not Andy. He is over 80 and a bit set in his ways now.
    Rob.
    That's a shame Rob. You'll have to try and time a future visit to coincide with a Flight Club at Entoyment.

  15. #15

    Default

    That would be good, we missed out by a few days a couple of years ago, and last year went to Praguecon instead of having a holiday in the UK. I have only visited Entoyment twice, and both times it was mid week to buy some models whilst we were visiting my Brother-in-law.
    Once the covid is over and he is no longer shielding we should be down again, so may see you then.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    That would be good, we missed out by a few days a couple of years ago, and last year went to Praguecon instead of having a holiday in the UK. I have only visited Entoyment twice, and both times it was mid week to buy some models whilst we were visiting my Brother-in-law.
    Once the covid is over and he is no longer shielding we should be down again, so may see you then.
    Rob.
    Look forward to it.

  17. #17

    Default

    I'll be more than happy to trolley on down for the next "Flight Club" meet - I really need an injection of WGF, fun and banter!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

  18. #18

    Default

    Maybe we should try and organise a Southern Command Wings Weekend at Entoyment when the virus allows?

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauerkraut View Post
    Maybe we should try and organise a Southern Command Wings Weekend at Entoyment when the virus allows?
    Absolutely!
    When Pete Valinsky gives the thumbs-up I'll be there!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

  20. #20

    Default

    Am that desperate for a game, I might even make the trip down (sick of cleaning the Jag for it to sit on the drive for weeks on end)

    Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Am that desperate for a game, I might even make the trip down (sick of cleaning the Jag for it to sit on the drive for weeks on end)
    Going to test your eyes? ;-)

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    I'll be more than happy to trolley on down for the next "Flight Club" meet - I really need an injection of WGF, fun and banter!
    Think we'll all need an injection or two before we get that one though !

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauerkraut View Post
    Maybe we should try and organise a Southern Command Wings Weekend at Entoyment when the virus allows?
    Strictly speaking it should be a South West England Command Wings Weekend Andy but it's the right idea. There'll be so many takers we'll need a one way system round the table to move & shoot all the planes

    "He is wise who watches"

  23. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Think we'll all need an injection or two before we get that one though !


    Strictly speaking it should be a South West England Command Wings Weekend Andy but it's the right idea. There'll be so many takers we'll need a one way system round the table to move & shoot all the planes
    South, South East or South West, all would be welcome.

    If we get enough players we could run several tables for the weekend.

  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauerkraut View Post
    If we get enough players we could run several tables for the weekend.
    I was just thinking the same thing...
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

  25. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauerkraut View Post
    Maybe we should try and organise a Southern Command Wings Weekend at Entoyment when the virus allows?
    Excellent idea, I'll need a good excuse for a weekend by the seaside

  26. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauerkraut View Post
    South, South East or South West, all would be welcome.

    If we get enough players we could run several tables for the weekend.
    Andy, have you ever tried the hunger games scenario for wings like you did for xwing, I think that could be a great historically inaccurate bun fight.

  27. #27

    Default

    Perhaps a warm up for a tour of other squadrons air stations??

  28. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gangleader147 View Post
    Andy, have you ever tried the hunger games scenario for wings like you did for xwing, I think that could be a great historically inaccurate bun fight.
    Andy, will try and get LThe and his dad to come so you can see your old planes ;-)



Similar Missions

  1. Hello from dorset
    By Frag Thief in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-22-2019, 09:21
  2. Southern England - Hello from Dorset
    By Sauerkraut in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-19-2019, 20:17
  3. South England Mick's Memorial Match - Poole, Dorset
    By flash in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-02-2016, 09:09

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •