Ares Games

Thread: To my fellow pilots from Shropshire and Staffordshire

Default To my fellow pilots from Shropshire and Staffordshire

I have recently been promoted to Flight Leader covering both Shropshire and Staffordshire. My main aims are to promote the game in both Counties. And to build a stable community which will meet up for regular games. This is where I need your help to find a suitable location which is roughly central between the two Counties. So if you do know of a village hall, games shop or wargames club. Please send me either send me a private message or you can find me on Face Book on any of the Wings of Glory FB pages under my name Mark Pritchard. Basically I am hoping that we can get enough forum members to participate in big dogfights for both versions of the game.

Good luck mate, let’s hope you can create a proper community...

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

I like the look of this new Flight Commander, Wing Commander. He could go far if he stays alive for long enough.
    Kyte.
    Last edited by Flying Officer Kyte; 11-24-2020 at 11:26.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Good luck Mark, got to be hard to find somewhere with the lock down, but theres always

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqtaoz4QFX8

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I like the look of thid new Flight Commander, Wingcommander. He could go far if he stays alive for long enough.
    Kyte.
    He is shaping up nicely...

I have just messaged the Shrewsbury Wargames Society. I have found out that this club plays Wings of Glory in December before the club breaks up for the festivities. I think if I can encourage some of their members to pop along to my wargames club in Wellington on Fridays, as that is when me and my wingman Roger play our games. I also have two fellow club members who play at their houses. So I can ask these to chaps to pop along as well. Fingers crossed that will be a start of a community. I have also been in touch with the organisers of Barrage. And they are looking to have their show up and running next year. But that all depends on the part pooper that is COVID-19.

I have also spoken to Hayden my one time adversary. So fingers crossed he will take to the skies once more and fill my aircraft full of holes like in our previous encounters.

I will contact each member of the Shropshire and Staffordshire flights by pm as well to see how many folk will be interested in having regular games. I almost forgot the owners of Time Cast Models also play Wings of Glory. So I will contact them via Face Book to see if they would be interested too.

And I have found out the the owner of Board in Brum plays Wings of Glory. So he may have some customers who also have collections of planes too. So I will contact this chap as well.

Top man

Users Country Flag

Name
    Brian
    Sorties Flown

Happy hunting. We have a nice village hall in Keele Village. Although I do not know how central it is to the rest of the pilots.

Best,

wish you well with it Mark

Quote Originally Posted by camel crew View Post
    wish you well with it Mark
    Thank you Iain.

Quote Originally Posted by bleeder View Post
    Happy hunting. We have a nice village hall in Keele Village. Although I do not know how central it is to the rest of the pilots.

Best,
    I will check out Keele Village Hall to see what facilities it has and the location of it. And thank you Brian for getting in touch.

Similar Missions

1. To my fellow Florida pilots...
    By BwanaJoe in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-03-2019, 05:34
  2. Thank You So Much, Fellow Pilots.
    By OldGuy59 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-22-2016, 08:43