Ares Games

Thread: just joined

Default just joined

Hello fellow aviators!
    started collecting the aircraft but am now starting to get interested in trying the game. Never played it before.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Jasen, from here 'across The Pond' in the United Kingdom. There is much on this website to aid you in enjoying the game, so please explore it. May I particularly recommend the Files section. Also, if you have any questions about the game, please feel free to ask them. You will find that the members here are very friendly and helpful.

Welcome to the Aerodrome Jason. Lots of great info here and more willing people to answer any questions you may have.

Welcome aboard from a bunker somewhere under the Cascade Range foothills.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Welcome Jasen. I hope you soon assemble a nice inventory and get into those games.

Check the Aerodrome store here.

On behalf of the pilots based here over the pond in Dear Old Blighty, welcome to the Drome Jasen. I am sure you will find it an enthralling game once you get started
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Welcome to the aerodrome Jason. All the way from dear old Blighty

You'll enjoy this forum. Lots of resources here. Check the files section to see all sorts of interesting (and crazy) stuff.
    Start with a simple head-to-head dogfight, basic rules, no altitude and you'll see how easy and fun the game is.

Welcome from Portland, Orrygun, Jasen
    Last edited by Stumptonian; 11-23-2020 at 17:22. Reason: speelnig

another welcome from across the Pond. Enjoy yerself n fly right in

(welcoming head bobs) from the lizard her eon the other coast. I can mostly only repeat what others have said about the files section, and asking questions, but I do have to add a caution:
    In building your collection, don't worry about getting overpriced secondary market collectors items-you will end up paying the proverbial arm & leg. Instead, check the for sale/trade/wanted section, the aerodrome store, other secondary sources like miniature market, miscellaneous minis, and if you have modeling skills to speak of, there's always shapeways.

Jasen,

Welcome from SE Michigan. You will find many folks here friendly and willing to answer your question.

Good luck!

John
    Last edited by rolld6; 11-30-2020 at 10:32.

Welcome to the 'Drome, Jasen!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by zenlizard View Post
    (welcoming head bobs) from the lizard her eon the other coast. I can mostly only repeat what others have said about the files section, and asking questions, but I do have to add a caution:
    In building your collection, don't worry about getting overpriced secondary market collectors items-you will end up paying the proverbial arm & leg. Instead, check the for sale/trade/wanted section, the aerodrome store, other secondary sources like miniature market, miscellaneous minis, and if you have modeling skills to speak of, there's always shapeways.
    THIS. Always check the Classifieds here first; we have enough long-timers sell off as part of thinning down or estate to make a decent chance of "keeping it in the family." (Don't look at me, mine are earmarked if I can ever find a museum to host the kind of "wargaming as education" program I envision.)
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.

Default Welcome

Welcome to the 'Drome' Jasen from over the pond here in the good old UK. West Yorkshire to be exact. It's a great game and this site will supply most of the information and help that you may need. Try browsing the 'Files' section where there is a wealth of information.
    Fly safe and always watch your six!

Thank you all. I definitely look forward to meeting someone local to start playing with.

Good luck with that; around here we're a scattered, solitary bunch that usually only cluster together at Museum of Flight's Game Day or at Enfilade. When GregBond77 stepped down, I became Acting CO of our Washington Flight here and had to preside over its dissolution for lack of activity.

That is unfortunate.
    Although I did not know the museum had a game day. That would be a great event to attend.

welcome to the drome Jasen!!! if you like the aircraft youll love getting to "fly" them on the table!!!

Similar Missions

1. South England just joined up
    By Flying Helmut in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-22-2013, 03:21
  2. Baltimore-Washington Just joined. Have had the game for a while, looking for players.
    By GoldenGuy22 in forum US Wing
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-02-2012, 14:56
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-03-2012, 15:11