Ares Games

Thread: PROMOTION BOARD

Hybrid View

Default PROMOTION BOARD

It is my great privilege to announce a new Flight Leader, covering the Shropshire and Staffordshire area. Now this chap always helps to organise the great WMMS show in Wolverhampton and has been putting a lot of work in behind the scenes looking for additional shows and venues as well as reaching out to all our members in his area. He is also a top bloke who I always enjoy shooting down. So gentlemen (and ladies) raise your glasses and toast the very much deserved promotion of Baron Rolf (Mark). Cheers mark, well done and thank you for all you are doing. 🍻

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Congratulations Mark. Well earned Flight Leader!

Well done and deserved Mark

I am very pleased to note your well deserved promotion to Flight Leader Mark.
    As I wish to continue the tradition established by me when I was somebody of consequence, the first drink of the evening is on me.

Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

A new banner might be in order, too, to go with the shiny new rank badges...
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Congratulations, now get the tailor to alter that uniform.

Default Congrats

Congrats Mark, very well deserved. I will raise a glass, or ten, in your honour in the Mess tonight.
    Last edited by Rebel; 11-21-2020 at 15:45. Reason: Grammar

Ooh yes new banner would be excellent thanks Mike

Congrats! Tip a couple of pints your way!

Congratulations on your promotion to Flight Leader, Mark!

Congrats Mark.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

A flight leader for Rutland Flight at last - Well done Mark, well deserved.

Looks like the U.K. Members' List Jan 2019 thread is now in sore need of an update.
    I'm now in the Dorset Flight and many of the new boys there are not on the list, Ajay has moved from Sussex to Wales & N.I territory and NeilCFord is in two flights (but no longer in Sussex). Leave that to command to sort out.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    A flight leader for Rutland Flight at last - Well done Mark, well deserved.

Looks like the U.K. Members' List Jan 2019 thread is now in sore need of an update.
    I'm now in the Dorset Flight and many of the new boys there are not on the list, Ajay has moved from Sussex to Wales & N.I territory and NeilCFord is in two flights (but no longer in Sussex). Leave that to command to sort out.
    Command has rewritten the whole thing, I will send you the updated list just as soon as SWMBO finishes with my laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Command has rewritten the whole thing, I will send you the updated list just as soon as SWMBO finishes with my laptop.
    Good, don't send it though, just post it in the sticky !

"He is wise who watches"

Good, don't send it though, just post it in the sticky !
    Apologies, already sent. If you know how to link to a spreadsheet please feel free to do just that ( or let me know how)

About time too!

Congratulations, Mark!

Thoroughly deserved.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Thank you everyone for your kind words of praise and copious amounts of drinks. I have been busy this week looking around at a suitable venue for folk to meet up and have a fabulous time shooting each other down. I was looking at RAF Cosford to begin with for a potential venue. The cost of hiring a room there is Ł200 + VAT. I have also been looking at hiring a village hall in a more central location and have found a couple of possible venues which seem to meet our criteria. And then I spoke to Garry Sharp AKA Felix Jaeger on Face Book who owns Black Dragon Miniatures games store. And he has very kindly offered his store as a venue for us to use. At Garry's store he has an established WGF community which is brilliant. I have at my own local wargames club three fellow flyers who were keen to meet up and play a game prior to COVID-19 ruining all of my plans. And now things are starting to look more positive, which is fantastic news for the community. After we have had to put up with hardly any gaming and no shows this year.

Good news Mark, and well done for all your efforts at this time of disruption. Despite rumours there is no truth in your having to take on Rutland as well as your own area of responsibility.
    Rob.
    Last edited by Flying Officer Kyte; 11-22-2020 at 03:37.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Congratulations Mark on your promotion
    cheerio,
    Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Congrats to Mark!

And this might be useful?

Link: OldGuy59's Aerodrome Signature Banners Album - Baron Rolf's Flt Ldr Banner

Sorry if this isn't necessary, but just in case you need a reminder of how to use one of these: OldGuy59's Aerodrome Signature Banners Album - Title Page

PS: Gack! I wish I could fire my Proofreader...
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 11-22-2020 at 12:48.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Very smart Mike but he's a flight leader, not the Sqn Leader.

"He is wise who watches"

Spotted that, already PM’d Mike, nice job though...

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Congrats to Mark!

And this might be useful?

Link: OldGuy59's Aerodrome Signature Banners Album - Baron Rolf's Flt Ldr Banner

Sorry if this isn't necessary, but just in case you need a reminder of how to use one of these: OldGuy59's Aerodrome Signature Banners Album - Title Page

PS: Gack! I wish I could fire my Proofreader...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Spotted that, already PM’d Mike, nice job though...
    I was so focused on trying not to mess up the spelling on the place names... Also, because I am in the midst of transitioning to Windows 10, I am reinstalling software as I realize it isn't working anymore (MS Word and Excel, Google Earth, printers and scanners, Picture Manager, etc...).

Link above changed to the new, correct banner.
    Mike

Congratulations Mark. Must meet in the Donnie mess next year to celebrate.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

That’s great thanks Mike

Congratulations Mark. Well earned Flight Leader
    I'll drink to that - great news.

(congratulatory head bobs) to Baron Rolf/Mark. Seems a well-deserved promotion.

Congratulations!

Similar Missions

1. Promotion.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-23-2016, 22:06
  2. Promotion at last.
    By Rebel in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-18-2016, 11:47
  3. Promotion
    By marcoperse in forum Officer's Club