Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: STLs / Models for 3D printing

  1. #1

    Default STLs / Models for 3D printing

    In addition to the limited examples found on sites such as Thingiverse (especially aimed at resin/SLA printers), is there a source for print-ready models of WWI planes, ideally 1/144, either for free or to purchase?

    Searched the forum here a bit and didn't find much, so I'll use this thread to list out sources/models as I find them, too. Once a model has been successfully printed, I'll mark it as vetted.


    @kampfflieger has a Patreon where they are releasing STLs for WWI, the interwar period, and WWII:

    Plane Printer



    1/144 Observation balloons
    Drachen
    Caquot

    1/144 Planes
    Caproni Ca.4

    Misc
    1/200 tanks & vehicles

    from @decapod [available on Shapeways]:

    1/350 WW1 US Cargo ship EFC 1001 'Ferris'
    1/350 WW1 US Cargo ship EFC 1013
    1/350 WW1 US Cargo ship EFC 1020 'Laker'
    1/350 WW1 US Cargo ship EFC 1057
    Last edited by driph; 01-25-2021 at 16:57.

  2. #2

    Default

    Excellent thread to keep an eye on. Thanks for the links!

  3. #3

    Default

    I've got a few 1/350 scale WW1 cargo ships that could be rescaled and used as targets for ww1 or ww2 https://www.thingiverse.com/decapod/designs

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by decapod View Post
    I've got a few 1/350 scale WW1 cargo ships that could be rescaled and used as targets for ww1 or ww2 https://www.thingiverse.com/decapod/designs
    Awesome, thank you!

    I know you don't want to give away much on Thingiverse as you also sell on Shapeways, but have you considered putting up print-ready models for sale on your own webstore/patreon or a site such as MyMiniFactory?

  5. #5

    Default

    Hmmm looking at those links, looks like i need to get a 3D printer, love the 1/200th WW1 Tanks, they look awesome

    Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by driph View Post
    In addition to the limited examples found on sites such as Thingiverse (especially aimed at resin/SLA printers), is there a source for print-ready models of WWI planes, ideally 1/144, either for free or to purchase?

    Searched the forum here a bit and didn't find much, so I'll use this thread to list out sources/models as I find them, too. Once a model has been successfully printed, I'll mark it as vetted.



    1/144 Observation balloons
    Drachen
    Caquot

    1/144 Planes
    Caproni Ca.4

    Misc
    1/200 tanks & vehicles

    from @decapod [available on Shapeways]:

    1/350 WW1 US Cargo ship EFC 1001 'Ferris'
    1/350 WW1 US Cargo ship EFC 1013
    1/350 WW1 US Cargo ship EFC 1020 'Laker'
    1/350 WW1 US Cargo ship EFC 1057
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Hmmm looking at those links, looks like i need to get a 3D printer, love the 1/200th WW1 Tanks, they look awesome
    I am having fun with two games called Tank Chess and Panzer Strike that use stylized tanks. They also have alternate options for real tanks. I am going to check out a local 3D Print Shop to produce a few of these! Thanks for posting.

    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Hmmm looking at those links, looks like i need to get a 3D printer, love the 1/200th WW1 Tanks, they look awesome
    Here are some test prints I did a while ago. They were done with a 0.4 nozzle and I have been intending to repeat the exercise with a 0.2 nozzle but somehow haven’t got around to it. One of these days (sigh):

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B910589F-6450-415D-9007-1338629AF253.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	295581

  8. #8

    Default

    love the tadpole MKIV! but the a7v is obviously the best!!!

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles downunder View Post
    Here are some test prints I did a while ago. They were done with a 0.4 nozzle and I have been intending to repeat the exercise with a 0.2 nozzle but somehow haven’t got around to it. One of these days (sigh):
    Beautiful fdm prints!

  10. #10

    Default

    @kampfflieger has a Patreon where they are releasing STLs for WWI, the interwar period, and WWII:

    Plane Printer

  11. #11

    Guntruck's Avatar Central England Command Squadron Leader & Librarian
    Colonel

    Users Country Flag


    Name
    Steve
    Location
    Right here!
    Sorties Flown
    10,460
    Join Date
    Mar 2010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by driph View Post
    @kampfflieger has a Patreon where they are releasing STLs for WWI, the interwar period, and WWII:

    Plane Printer
    I've just downloaded a few of these to have ago at. There are a couple of useful models for the Spanish Civil War (Spanish Fury and He 112B) and my all-time fave, the Black Widow.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

  12. #12

    maestrostewart's Avatar
    Users Country Flag


    Name
    D. Scott Stewart
    Location
    Connecticut
    Sorties Flown
    42
    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default

    Cross-posting in this thread. I remixed comPTver's great Draken model. I removed the side panels on the 3 back options.

    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4774350

  13. #13

    Default

    You can download a set of pegs to connect custom aircraft to standard WoG/WoW stands from this Shapeways page: http://shpws.me/Swrc. I make no guarantee that the design will work with any particular printer (other than the ones used by Shapeways).

    Edit: I also added a version with a flange¹ for those that just want to glue directly to the model without drilling a pilot hole. You can download that STL also. I don't charge any markup for these peg sets on Shapeways.

    ¹ Great idea, Biggles!
    Last edited by ReducedAirFact; 02-27-2021 at 12:56. Reason: Added flanged version

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReducedAirFact View Post
    You can download a set of pegs to connect custom aircraft to standard WoG/WoW stands from this Shapeways page: http://shpws.me/Swrc. I make no guarantee that the design will work with any particular printer (other than the ones used by Shapeways).
    If you have access to a 3D printer, I made my stl designs for bomber pegs and fighter pegs for attaching to Shapeways or F-toys available on Thingiverse at:

    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4579367
    Last edited by Biggles downunder; 02-25-2021 at 16:03.

  15. #15

    Default

    If you are looking for sea targets there are a few here:

    https://www.wargaming3d.com/vendor/kabunza/



Similar Missions

  1. Home 3D Printing
    By David Manley in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-31-2020, 10:25
  2. 3D printing....
    By Wodin in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-29-2019, 04:37
  3. Printing your own planes
    By Baxter in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-24-2017, 22:14
  4. General For those who want to do their own 3D printing.
    By smitty_au in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-04-2012, 05:19
  5. Help with printing the files
    By Albert Ross in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2011, 00:58

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •