Ares Games

Thread: Litko Stands and AIM Bombers

Default Litko Stands and AIM Bombers

I just got a couple of Vickers Wellington bombers from AIM and the large WOG flight stands from Litko. I can't for the life of me figure out how to attach the plane to the stand, let alone figure out how to use the WOG flight pegs. The WOG bomber pegs don't fit the Litko large flight stand. The normal pegs fit but upside down on the stand and still can't figure out how to attach the bomber.

If you only bought the stand, or the stand and clear rods, they are not compatible with WoG planes, without adapters or plane modification.

If you don't want to modify the planes, you need an adapter like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AFS102-CLR-store_800x800.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	293919

Link: Litko - Large Heavy Duty Peg (WoW Peg Toppers

These may not be exactly what you need, depending on what stand you bought and the clear rods you want to use. The Wings pegs don't work with Litko stands, unless you modify a WoG peg and glue it directly to the Litko stand.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

There's actually a couple of things here. The AiM planes have a short shaft with a screw in it. The easiest thing to do is to buy the gimbal mounts from the aerodrome store
    https://www.aerodromeaccessories.com.../gimbal-mounts
    The scout ones may work, but with wellingtons, you might need to go with the bomber ones.
    I usually epoxy the ring to the screw, and then epoxy the ball to the peg. But with the Liko pegs, it probably would be better to unscrew the screw out, cut off the resin shaft, and epoxy the ball to the plane.
    (I did that for my first few). Then you epoxy the ring to the Liko peg.
    I haven't bought any of the Liko flight pegs, but from the pics, they don't look like they stack. So you'll have to deal with marking altitude differently, if you play with that.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

when i get litko stands i glue piece of clear plastic dowel in the hole, cut it off, and then drill it out the proper size for wings of glory pegs to fit.

Similar Missions

1. Gimbals and Litko peg toppers
    By NZgunner in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-08-2018, 20:22
  2. New Products: Decal sheets, ACE flight stands, and Custom Flight Stands
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-11-2018, 07:51
  3. litko sucks
    By Davey Jones in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 23