Ares Games

Thread: A big change is on its way!

Post A big change is on its way!

After approx 35 years I am about to move from my 31 Acre Rural Property to a Villa in Moruya township.
    What a job it is to downsize after living in a large colonial style home to a small 2 bedroom Villa.
    Settlement is on the 30th November so I might be "Missing in Action" between then & Christmas as I move & reestablish Internet connection etc.
    Pic of the Villa below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a Villa pic.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	176.6 KB 
ID:	293917

Hope it all goes well Barry - the biggest question is 'Is there a room big enough for your gaming table and is there enough storage space for your minis?' all else is secondary.

Oh, that's 2 questions!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles downunder View Post
    Hope it all goes well Barry - the biggest question is 'Is there a room big enough for your gaming table and is there enough storage space for your minis?' all else is secondary.

Oh, that's 2 questions!

The garage is big enough for my 6 x 4 table which sits on trestles.
    The car can sit in my visitors spot while I play.
    All the minis etc will be stored in the 2nd bedroom along with my computer & printers.

Good luck Baz. Moving isn't much fun, from a recently moved person. New digs look nice.

Well done with the new hangar Barry. Hope all goes well for you.

Home sweet home, Barry.

I'm shure it's not that easy to leave a house you lived 35 years in.

All the best at you new home base.
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

I hope that the move goes smoothly and that you will enjoy your new home, Barry.

Hope the move goes smoothly Baz. Will there be no more 'roos bouncing past your windows at the new place?
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Wish you all the best relocating to your new home field Baz, hope to see you back to full operations in the near future

"He is wise who watches"

Wishing you well with the move and settling in at your new home

That's quite a change. Hope everything goes well.

Hope all goes well. I keep waiting for one or more of us to buy a huge mansion some exotic realm where we can all retire to and fly into the past for reals . . . I'll bring the Zepps and balloons . . .

I hope the move goes well. Barry. Downsizing is never fun, but the new place looks comfy.

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Hope all goes well. I keep waiting for one or more of us to buy a huge mansion some exotic realm where we can all retire to and fly into the past for reals . . . I'll bring the Zepps and balloons . . .
    Ah, the gamers' dream; much like the reenactors' commune, where we can live our "other" lives without modern interference. Shadowcat knows of what I speak
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Nice digs! The place looks great and glad to hear there is space for a gaming table.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles downunder View Post
    ... the biggest question is 'Is there a room big enough for your gaming table and is there enough storage space for your minis?' all else is secondary.
    That was my first take as well. I did note the garage, before you confirmed it.

Good luck, Baz.
    I wonder what forgotten treasures you will find while packing up?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Hope the move goes smoothly Baz. Will there be no more 'roos bouncing past your windows at the new place?
    Sadly no more Roos, Ducks or Birds!
    However its in a cul de sac so no passing through traffic.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    That was my first take as well. I did note the garage, before you confirmed it.

Good luck, Baz.
    I wonder what forgotten treasures you will find while packing up?
    Don't know about "treasures" but I found a lot of "stuff" I did not remember I had.
    A lot of souvenir things I brought or was given while doing those 4 wheel drive trips with the Retravision Retailers back in the 1980's.
    I have had to be rather ruthless moving from a large colonial home to a 2 bedroom Villa.

All the very best with the relocation Baz. That's going to keep you busy for a short while I imagine. Hope you will be very happy in your new abode

good luck. i hope your transition proceeds as smoothly as possible.

Happy for you, Baz!
    Hope all goes swimmingly (and by that, I don't mean with flooding!)
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

I live in a large 6 bedroom house and cannot conceive of moving to somewhere smaller. Where would I put all my stuff? No don't suggest that I get rid of it! Something else I can't conceive.

We moved to a new house last year (to 35,5m2 185m2) and the process itself was not as easy as I imagined. Crossing figners for an early finish.

Moving house is one of the most stressful things that we do as humans. I hope all goes well for you Barry - sorting, packing, moving, and unpacking.

Hi Barry, Hope all goes well with the move. Something I will be doing in a few years.

Did the same virtually one year ago. Four bedrooms down to two, big yard (as Southern California goes) to a small footprint, and the winnowing out all the detritus of life and trashing it rather than moving it (filled up a large dumpster three times). But the simplification was worth it in the long run.

Barry hope all goes well, we went the other route recently moving from a small cottage to a 4 bedroomed house. Mrs V has one bedroom as an art studio, I have the largest bedroom as a wargames room and the smallest bedroom is for guests.
    Main downside is it took 4 times as long to paint the outside of the new house than it used to do but it's well worth it.

Similar Missions

1. Name change required?
    By Baxter in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-29-2017, 14:21
  2. Is it possible to change your forum name.......
    By I Flew With Braddoc in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-21-2013, 12:39
  3. Name Change!
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-20-2013, 16:29
  4. Looks like I might have to change sides
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-27-2012, 04:42