Ares Games

Thread: Numbers of Cards in Ares Decks

Question Numbers of Cards in Ares Decks

Maybe you don't know, but I am back in civil engineering business, so I again have AutoCAD and can (and want) to continue with stripes for card decks. For this project I need to know total numbers of cards in decks. Most of them I could find in Honza's app and checked with my and Kubaj's collection. There are only two minis that are not quite clear:

1. Pfalz D.III, Max Holzem
    2. Rumpler C.IV, Lt. Ziegert

Would be somebody so kind and count the total number of cards in deck (including maneuvres, aircraft card, ace skills, ace cards and technical cards about aircraft)?

Holzem - 29 (freshly opened pack)

Dan,
    Thanks for picking this up, again.

And the hint on how to do planes I hadn't bought. That was the big stumbling block for me, as I haven't been buying one of every plane released, recently.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

It is a pleasure to continue - I also felt need on my own side.

For WGF Honza's DB is an incredible complex tool. WGS would be harder, but I believe combination of mine, Kubaj's and the rest of player's here collections will give me the complete data. I expect WGF complete today or tomorrow.

Thinking about drawing them wider in future. Not 4 cm, but for the whole narrow part of the longer edge. What do you think, Mike?

I would be a little doubtful about making them wider. They will be harder to put on/off. Their size seems to be perfect.

Do you cater for both WoW & the WoG versions Dan ? Obviously the numbers may be different.

"He is wise who watches"

It is only about new Ares Cards - there are no special cards in old Nexus decks, so count the number is pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    It is a pleasure to continue - I also felt need on my own side.

For WGF Honza's DB is an incredible complex tool. WGS would be harder, but I believe combination of mine, Kubaj's and the rest of player's here collections will give me the complete data. I expect WGF complete today or tomorrow.

Thinking about drawing them wider in future. Not 4 cm, but for the whole narrow part of the longer edge. What do you think, Mike?
    Quote Originally Posted by Honza View Post
    I would be a little doubtful about making them wider. They will be harder to put on/off. Their size seems to be perfect.
    Width of the strips is great by me. The only thing I have as a problem is if I store the decks in a manner that allows the cards to slide out of the ends. A wider strip doesn't fix that, only a tuck box.

Thanks again for doing up the strips. I don't need them all, but I can now cut&paste the strips I do need onto a sheet or two. And the strips for the Ace Skills is a really nice bonus. Many more thanks for that, too.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Width of the strips is great by me. The only thing I have as a problem is if I store the decks in a manner that allows the cards to slide out of the ends. A wider strip doesn't fix that, only a tuck box.

Thanks again for doing up the strips. I don't need them all, but I can now cut&paste the strips I do need onto a sheet or two. And the strips for the Ace Skills is a really nice bonus. Many more thanks for that, too.
    OK, what came into my mind:

1. Thank you both for confirmation of width. I was not sure about it, now I am.
    2. When I am completing stripes with a glue, I bend all for edges firstly tightly around real deck and then carefully aplicate a glue and hold it for few seconds on the deck. Stripe is tight for whole life time and it is even a checker of correct number of cards there. The only exceptions are big cards for fast WGS fighters - I need remeasure them and correct dimensions of stripes once again.
    3. I can do something like a pocket for you Mike - just add a third valve that can secure at least one more side. But I do not wwnat to create third complete set of stripes, so if you send me a list I can do it for you in almost no time (day or two).
    4. Also creating a special stripes for repaints is not a problem - I just need to know what you want to have on it (cross / roundel, type, pilot, unit) and thickness of the deck measured by vernier caliper with accuracy to tenths of a millimeter. In the worst case with number of cards (Ares card is aprox 0,3 mm) and type (Nexus / Ares).

Exclamation Help Needed: Number of Cards in Ares Decks, vol. 2

I'm on it. I don't have the Rumpler you need but do have all the others.

ME109, 18 movement cards, 1 plane card, 3 skill cards, Sniper, Limited Ammo, Drop tank
    Yokusuka D4Y1 Yokusuka Kokutai 19 movement cards, 1 plane card, 3 skill cards, Dive Bomb, Precision Bomber, Drop Tank
    Yokusuka D4Y3 Kokutai 601 19 movement cards, 1 plane card, e skill cards, Dive Bomb, Fire Expert, Drop Tank

I'll get the others soon...

Spitfire Mk I 20 movement cards, 1 plane card, 3 skill cards, Perfect Aim, Sputtering Engines, Reverse Diver

Ju-87 Stuka 15 maneuver cards, 1 plane card, 3 skill cards, Dive bombing, Precision Dive Bombing, Vertical Dives and Bombing

Dauntless Kirkendhal 15 maneuver cards, 1 plane card, 2 skill cards, Dive Bombing, Precision Dive Bombing

Banshee 15 maneuver cards, 1 plane card, 2 skill cards, Dive Bombing, Perfect Control

Perfect! This is exactly what I need to know to update WGS files. Let all other users know: Peter is promoted to Czech Quartermaster officer

PS: When I will visit you in New England one day, I definitely want to play with a Banshee! (very cool and very useless for me...)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    PS: When I will visit you in New England one day, I definitely want to play with a Banshee! (very cool and very useless for me...)
    I don't think many wanted the French Banshee. I picked up on the cheap 10 to repaint. My Pacific USAF will soon have a formidable dive-bomber wing. Yes, when you can get to New England or I to Prague I'll make sure you get to fly a Banshee.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    I don't think many wanted the French Banshee. I picked up on the cheap 10 to repaint. My Pacific USAF will soon have a formidable dive-bomber wing.
    I picked up a second because no one should have to fly alone ...

Similar Missions

1. Free Cards & S Manoeuvre Decks
    By gully_raker in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-28-2018, 03:50
  2. Ace cards and other decks
    By Popsical in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-15-2018, 14:00
  3. WGS Cards and Maneuver Decks to Trade
    By DJensen in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 5