Ares Games

Thread: Reporting for Duty

Default Reporting for Duty

Hello to all and greetings from Norwich,

My name is Stef and i have been playing Wings of War since about 2009 when i was introduced to it at my local games club and immediately became hooked (gaming crack anyone?).
    After a pause due to the arrival of the next generation of gamers, i have begun playing WoW again with another new forum member Tim Parnell.
    I'm looking foward getting more involved in the community and in the fullness of time and global pandemic permitting meeting members in the flesh.
    TTFN
    Stef

Welcome to the 'drome from Portland, Oregon, Stef
    Lots to see here.

Welcome to the Drome Stef from a very damp Dorset.

The Gloucestershire RNA mess at Cambridge bids you welcome Stef Don't forget, newcomers leave their mess number behind the bar on the first night

Welcome to the 'Drome, Stef!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Welcome to the 'Drome old chap from across the pond!

Hello Stef

Welcome from Enfield. Enjoy

Welcome to the 'drome Stef, again from a damp Dorset !

"He is wise who watches"

As we all hope to meet you in due course Stef.
    I can now welcome you officially to the Drome, and hope you enjoy your gaming and this site. Most of the chaps are very friendly and don't bite. Those who did have been weeded out.
    See you in the mess for a beer or three. Incidentally one of my WWI squadrons that I fly in the solo campaign is Italian.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Welcome aboard from a cold and wet Seattle... are we seeing a theme here? LOL
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Welcome to the Aerodrom Stef. Amazing you survived your stretch without our 'crack' for so long.

welcome to the drome Stef!!!

Hi Stef, welcome from Essex.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Stef. I live close to Norwich. Perhaps we may be able to meet when the current restrictions are removed. There is much on this website to add to your enjoyment of the game, so please explore it. My I particularly recommend the Files section. You are an experienced player but, if you do have any questions about the game, please feel free to ask them. You will find that the members here are very friendly and helpful.
    Last edited by Naharaht; 10-27-2020 at 01:27.

Hi there Stef, great to see you getting into the swing of things already. Such a massive shame there are no shows/events where we can meet our new pilots face to face... hopefully soon.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Beinvenue from Covid free Brittany Great year to join as things can only get better on the gaming front next year. Meanwhile how about looking to join some of the campaigns we have running here on the site. some good WW2 and WW1 games for those in lockdown , or locked up
    Salut Paul

Welcome to you Stef, hopefully next year we may get to meet you and others at the mirriade of shows we attend as a group.
    In the meantime, as has been pointed out already step up to the mess and.... get em in, mines a Port plse

Lol, it was tough but finally the cold turkey caught up with me and i've spent the last 4 weeks buying the Nexus core sets i was missing, kids don't need college, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    As we all hope to meet you in due course Stef.
    I can now welcome you officially to the Drome, and hope you enjoy your gaming and this site. Most of the chaps are very friendly and don't bite. Those who did have been weeded out.
    See you in the mess for a beer or three. Incidentally one of my WWI squadrons that I fly in the solo campaign is Italian.
    Rob.
    Hi Rob,
    Good to hear there are others who fly for the Kingdom of Italy. Be good to chat over a vino in the mess

Thank you all for the hearty welcome.
    Fingers crossed that the current pandemic is over swiftly so we can meet face to face.
    In the meantime keep those silk scarves firmly over your faces and stay longrange apart

Quote Originally Posted by VonZombie View Post
    Hi Rob,
    Good to hear there are others who fly for the Kingdom of Italy. Be good to chat over a vino in the mess
    We certainly will Stef, and if you remind me near the time that we can meet in the flesh I will bring to show you my book on the
    Caproni Bombers presented to me by the Italian Wing Commander on my visit to Rome in 2014.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

(Welcoming head bobs) from the lizard her eins the 'States. As has been said, be sure to check the files sections for lots of "extra" stuff.

Similar Missions

1. Reporting for duty
    By Bishbosh in forum New Zealand Wing
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-27-2012, 15:06