Ares Games

Thread: A couple for the Lightening Lovers!

Thumbs up A couple for the Lightening Lovers!

Here are a nice couple of pics of P-38's.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a P-38J Lightning.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	293715

Name:	a P-38 lightning.jpg 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	293716

Nice P.38 Barry

Nice pics Barry. Keep 'em coming.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

That's very nice Baz.

"He is wise who watches"

Good photographs, Barry!

Do you think we shall ever see a P-38 Lightning, an English Electric Lightning and a Lightning II all on the same photograph?

Nice piccies, Barry!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

I so want to see one of these in flight. Great photo.

Nice Baz. A little odd looking but one of my favorites.

very nice looking pair of forked tail devils!

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Nice Baz. A little odd looking but one of my favorites.

remind me to bring my airshow album with me to origins this year (assuming it happens) so i can show you my pics of glacier gal!

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Good photographs, Barry!

Do you think we shall ever see a P-38 Lightning, an English Electric Lightning and a Lightning II all on the same photograph?
    ARE there even any EE's left flyable, or for that matter not yet turned into scrapmetal?
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

I love the dual boom planes! The P-38 and the P-61 are two of my favorites from the era.

Where is our WGS series VII...

Nice pictures.
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Where is our WGS series VII...

Nice pictures.
    No more mixed series releases like Nexus, it looks pretty clear that "themed lines" with DIY-markings Squadron Packs are the future for WGS. Guess this means we can forget unique pilot cards and Ace decks for WGS too...
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.

Series VII is announced in "old style" by Roberto on FB (at least 4 videos of 3d models and confirmed types). Do you have another information, major?

IIRC, that was before Battle of Britain and Guadalcanal entered development. Right now, the only things in the development pipe that have been discussed with me as part of the Research Team are more Squadron Packs, and the word when I asked pointblank was that they didn't see the old-style packs happening again and SP's are the way forward. All of the new sculpts mentioned as "planned Series 7" are now planned for Guadalcanal, though I'm trying to get Ares to try to hold off on packs for carrier-based units until they can do coordinated releases for complete airgroups. (IE, release fighter, dive-bomber and torpedo-bomber packs from the same carrier and cruise at the same time.)

Were there any operational Corsairs and Lightning over Guadalcanal? P-39 fits perfectly, but my knowledge of the this battlefield is too low to say anything about the rest US fighters.

VMF-124 operated F4U's from the Henderson Field complex, and a couple P-38 units were based there too. I tried to push for VMF-124 as "first Corsairs to fight," but they're locked onto the Black Sheep because of the no-fact-all-crap TV series.

For the record, I don't know everything, and I can't share everything I DO know, but I CAN tell you that even with what reservations I have I am looking forward to opening up my wallet and buying these.
    Last edited by Diamondback; 10-23-2020 at 00:04.

The Wikipedia article on Henderson Field (Guadalcanal) says,
    "The first aircraft to land on the field was a PBY patrol bomber on August 12. On August 20, thirty-one Marine aircraft (F4F Wildcat fighters and SBD Dauntless dive bombers) were launched by USS Long Island from south of Guadalcanal, forming the field's first permanent air contingent. Two days later, a squadron of U.S. Army P-400 Airacobra (P-39 variant) fighters arrived, and in the coming months a number of B-17s and U.S. Navy aircraft used the base. "

The Corsairs did not arrive until 1943.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hender..._(Guadalcanal)

You don't trust Wikipedia, do you?

Silly rabbit......
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Here are a nice couple of pics of P-38's.

Name:	a P-38J Lightning.jpg 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	293715

Name:	a P-38 lightning.jpg 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	293716
    Oh! Oh! Oh! Luverly!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    VMF-124 operated F4U's from the Henderson Field complex, and a couple P-38 units were based there too. I tried to push for VMF-124 as "first Corsairs to fight," but they're locked onto the Black Sheep because of the no-fact-all-crap TV series.

For the record, I don't know everything, and I can't share everything I DO know, but I CAN tell you that even with what reservations I have I am looking forward to opening up my wallet and buying these.
    Interesting. Anyway, every single newly released mini is good for our game and it would be a shame to throw these 3D models into bin

Similar Missions

1. One for the B-17 lovers
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-22-2020, 14:36
  2. One for the P-38 lovers!
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-20-2016, 17:41
  3. Here's one for the Bf-109 Lovers.
    Replies: 7