Ares Games

Thread: Greetings from Tassie

Default Greetings from Tassie

Hi all,

I am new to the Aerodrome, and also quite new to WoG. My son and I are focussing on WW1 and have played a few games. We are based in the north, in Launceston. I look forward to meeting you online and learning more about this fascinating game.

Regards, Peter.

Welcome to the Aerodrome. Lots of great people from all over the world here that share a great passion for this wonderful game!

Hi Peter, welcome from England.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Ello Pete

Good to have you on board. Enjoy yerself

Hello, Pete - hi and welcome from another Pete in Portland, Oregon.

I can also welcome you formally now Peter.
    Enjoy the Drome and the many things it has to offer.Also the new friends you will enjoy on your journey with your son as you traverse the skies above your gaming table.
    Hope to see you in the Mess for a Virtual beer and a chinwag before too long.
    Till then, fly safe and watch your six.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Welcome to the 'Drome, Peter and son!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Welcome Peter and son! You're going to love it here. I joined in January of this year and it's unlike any other game forum I've been on. The talent, sense of community and willingness to share and help are overwhelming. Dig around in the files section and do searches on any keywords of interest to you. There is a wealth of information here, maybe not always the easiest to find, but worth the effort.

I work for the US Antarctic Program and we often send our research vessels and aircraft through Hobart. I've not made it there myself, but Tasmania is on my list.

Enjoy!

Hello Pete and welcome to our Drome from Adelaide. Wings is a fantastic game and provides endless hours of fun so I am sure you will enjoy yourselves. Always sing out if you need help with anything too as this lot are pretty cluey and always willing to help.

Thumbs up

G'day Pete & welcome to the 'drome on behalf of the Pilots who fly in NSW.
    An amazing amount of info about the game available in the Files section but just ask if you have any questions & you will find lots of folk willing to assist.
    Enjoy your gaming with your son.

By the way do let us know what aircraft you have been able to grab!

Welcome to the Aerodrome to you and your son, Peter, from here in the United Kingdom. There is much on this site to add to your enjoyment of this game, so do have a good look round, particularly look at the Files section. If you have any questions about the game, please feel free to ask them. You will find that the members here are very friendly and helpful.

welcome to the drome Peter!!! enjoy your wonderful journey in this lovely little game!

(welcoming head bobs) from the lizard here halfway across the world.

Welcome to the aerodrome Peter. If you get to enjoy this game and site half as much as most of us you'll be here more than you'll imagine.

Wow, thank you all for such a warm welcome. I am very glad I found the Aerodrome.
    In answer to Barry’s question, I play British and have Camels, SE5s, Bristol Fighters, HP 0/400s and an RE8 (my great uncle flew them with no 3 squadron of the AFC). My son, Sam, is flying an array of German aircraft, including the Zeppelin Staaken (Which proved too much for three of my fighters the other day).
    Cheers, Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot Pete
    My son, Sam, is flying an array of German aircraft, including the Zeppelin Staaken...
    Cheers, Peter.
    WhooHoo! Another one of us! Indeed, we are everywhere!

Welcome aboard Pete, glad you found us.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Ach, Ja!

I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Welcome, Pete and Sam. As so many others have said, you will find this Forum a great place to learn more about the game, the planes, and some other incidental things as well. People are very helpful, and supportive. No question seems too hard or too silly.