Ares Games

Thread: unboxing video for one of clippers mighty zeppelins!

Default unboxing video for one of clippers mighty zeppelins!

took forever due to all the editing and unforeseen interruptions. but ive finally posted my 1st ever youtube video. and i think youll all agree its of a worthy subject!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6yG2TPn2mc

Miscellaneous Miniatures
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

Thanks for showing the world your package.

Good to see one of Clippers models in a new home.

Nicely done video! Shame about the damage to the Zep.

I did up a base card for my zeppelin, but it was 1/214 scale:

OldGuy59's WWI Central Powers Bombers Album - Zeppelin Card

I used a piece of white plastic cardboard, cut to size, and glued the paper to the cardboard as a sized base. The base fit in the shipping box, on top of all the other stuff.

If you are interested in using it, please draft print it to fit your Zeppelin, and let me know what changes are needed to get it to fit your 1/144 scale model.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DaveRicePhoto-Tyler-and-Zeppelin.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	293495
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 10-15-2020 at 08:02.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Spotted this on YT nice Philip and Clipper.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    took forever due to all the editing and unforeseen interruptions. but ive finally posted my 1st ever youtube video. and i think youll all agree its of a worthy subject!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6yG2TPn2mc
    That was fun! Damn those things were huge, eh! Left a comment for you on YouTube to get things started.

Quote Originally Posted by miscmini View Post
    Thanks for showing the world your package.

youre welcome! some things are just too good not to share! i hope you found it pleasingly presented!

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Nicely done video! Shame about the damage to the Zep.

I did up a base card for my zeppelin, but it was 1/214 scale:

OldGuy59's WWI Central Powers Bombers Album - Zeppelin Card

I used a piece of white plastic cardboard, cut to size, and glued the paper to the cardboard as a sized base. The base fit in the shipping box, on top of all the other stuff.

If you are interested in using it, please draft print it to fit your Zeppelin, and let me know what changes are needed to get it to fit your 1/144 scale model.

Name:	DaveRicePhoto-Tyler-and-Zeppelin.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	293495

yeah ive seen that. i love it. too bad ive got no way to make one. i dont have a functioning printer. oh well.

well, i just found out if i want to post pics i have to sign in with firefox. chrome doesnt work. so heres so pics of the badge and hat and a couple stills from the video.
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/al...p?albumid=4578

Well done on the video, Phillip! Enjoy your Zeppelin model!

Great video and nice pictures, Phillip!

Enjoy your Luftschiff!
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

well, i just found out if i want to post pics i have to sign in with firefox. chrome doesnt work. so heres so pics of the badge and hat and a couple stills from the video.
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/al...p?albumid=4578
    I use Chrome exclusively - no problem posting pictures (especially now that I disabled the WYSIWYG option that was causing duplicates)

What scale should the Zeppelin have been? While I'm asking, what scale are our planes?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken at Sunrise View Post
    What scale should the Zeppelin have been? While I'm asking, what scale are our planes?
    How big is your storage space? The Wings of War/Glory WWI plane scale is 1/144. The ground scale (based on the length of arrows vs the speed of planes) is 1/900. The Zeppelin could be anything in between.

For visual reference, the objects should be the same. I find the 1/214 scale to be almost manageable to take to conventions. It definitely gets people to the table, and asking questions.
    Mike

My first Clipper Zep was a camouflage 1/214 scale model.

My second, tan Zep was a 1/144 scale beastie.

As Mike said above, showcasing a Zeppelin at a convention draws the punters in, then we snare 'em, coach them then get shot to bits by them!

Name:	Zep.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	254.8 KB 
ID:	293572
    Last edited by Flying Helmut; 10-16-2020 at 11:24.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Awesome and honored for sure, thanks! Amazing journey they have after they leave home, ah the places you will go! Might have to finish these other ones . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    My first Clipper Zep was a camouflage 1/214 scale model.

My second, tan Zep was a 1/144 scale beastie.

As Mike said above, showcasing a Zeppelin at a convention draws the punters in, then we snare 'em, coach them then get shot to bits by them!

Name:	Zep.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	254.8 KB 
ID:	293572
    Tim,

That last part is so true. People learning the rules don't do expected/logical things. And that thing called 'beginner's luck'? We need some scientists to check out the odds, cause they are really skewed at conventions. Perhaps a new form of maths? Conventionmathics? It worked for bistros and improbability drives.
    Mike

Very cool Phil, thanks for the video. I feel so inadequate with my baby Zep now. Looks like you'll have to run the next Zeppelin game at Origins.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    I use Chrome exclusively - no problem posting pictures (especially now that I disabled the WYSIWYG option that was causing duplicates)

whats WYSIWYG?

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Awesome and honored for sure, thanks! Amazing journey they have after they leave home, ah the places you will go! Might have to finish these other ones . . .

well, people are already asking me where they can buy one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Very cool Phil, thanks for the video. I feel so inadequate with my baby Zep now. Looks like you'll have to run the next Zeppelin game at Origins.

sorry my package made yours feel inadequate lol. look at it this way, youve used yours extensively and are well versed in its intricacies. whereas i, however, are but a babe in the woods with only a theoretical understanding of the mechanics in play.

i will most certainly run a game at origins (assuming it happens)! hopefully origins will be gentle with me my 1st time lol.

whats WYSIWYG?
    Its computer-speak for What You See Is What You Get.

Personally, I think it should be is ‘What you see might be what you get!

...i will most certainly run a game at origins (assuming it happens)! hopefully origins will be gentle with me my 1st time lol.
    Like that's gonna happen - I see booms and fire in your future !

"He is wise who watches"

what's WYSIWYG?
    Phillip
    I changed this setting in my profile.
    I previously used to see the actual photo when preparing to post.
    One of the server updates last year made all my pictures duplicate at the end of my post.

Changing the setting to Standard Editor corrected that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Aerodrome Profile.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Like that's gonna happen - I see booms and fire in your future !

well, i do have the spirit of origins 08 to maintain!!!

Phillip
    I changed this setting in my profile.
    I previously used to see the actual photo when preparing to post.
    One of the server updates last year made all my pictures duplicate at the end of my post.

Changing the setting to Standard Editor corrected that.

well, at the risk of sounding computer illiterate, where is this and how do i get there?

well, at the risk of sounding computer illiterate, where is this and how do i get there?
    At the top of the page click on Settings then General then scroll to the bottom to Miscellaneous Options.

It looks like Keith has removed the WYSIWYG option now.
    There are two options - Select Standard

Scroll down a bit further and there is another option for Enhanced Attachment Uploading
    I have that one selected.

There is a note after that:
    The forum features an enhanced attachment uploading system that allows you to reuse existing attachments via a drag and drop interface.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use the enhanced system. If you experience problems with the interface, try disabling this option.

Hope this helps.

At the top of the page click on Settings then General then scroll to the bottom to Miscellaneous Options.

It looks like Keith has removed the WYSIWYG option now.
    There are two options - Select Standard

Scroll down a bit further and there is another option for Enhanced Attachment Uploading
    I have that one selected.

There is a note after that:
    The forum features an enhanced attachment uploading system that allows you to reuse existing attachments via a drag and drop interface.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use the enhanced system. If you experience problems with the interface, try disabling this option.

Hope this helps.

thanks! the last bit worked like a charm. was already selected for "standard" so that couldnt have been the problem. so i deselected the "enhanced uploading" so now i can upload on chrome. thanks so much for the tech assist!

thanks! the last bit worked like a charm. was already selected for "standard" so that couldnt have been the problem. so i deselected the "enhanced uploading" so now i can upload on chrome. thanks so much for the tech assist!
    Glad to see that worked for you.
    Wonder why? Like I said Chrome works for me with the Enhanced setting.
    I included that bit of text just in case that was your issue.

Nice work Phil, left you a comment on YT as well. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

and heres the repairs update for the damage done by the USPS heavy flak guns! it was touch and go there for awhile but the diligent work of L11s crack (or on crack) engineer crew pulled her through her travails! curiously one of the crew found an empty bag labeled "purina elf chow" near the sight of the damage. dont know what to make of that one!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t01LBU56Sk

and heres the repairs update for the damage done by the USPS heavy flak guns! it was touch and go there for awhile but the diligent work of L11s crack (or on crack) engineer crew pulled her through her travails! curiously one of the crew found an empty bag labeled "purina elf chow" near the sight of the damage. dont know what to make of that one!
    You know you've done well, when you can't see the fix.
    Mike

Good as new!

Good repair job, Phillip!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Similar Missions

1. Do17 and JU88 Unboxing video from Rival Sky Games
    By Xen in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-26-2020, 09:31
  2. Battle of Britain Starter Set - Unboxing Video
    By Xen in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-09-2017, 01:54
  3. Squadron Pack - Bf.109E unboxing video
    By Xen in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 18