Ares Games

Thread: a jasta 25 / 95 squadron story (4)

Default a jasta 25 / 95 squadron story (4)

Okay here we go. Finally got the models / maneouvre decks for a September 1916 start, using Dave's D8 solo charts and the OTT mission generator. Having a go at OTT Mission 1 - Battle Over The Trenches. Also first run out for my new flame markers.

Albatros D.II - Leutenant Ernst Weissener
    Albatros D.II - Leutenant Augst Delling

Nieuport 17 - 2nd Leutenant Daniel Ross
    Nieuport 17 - 2nd Leutenant Kenneth Anderson

Using the limited cloud cover the Albatros' closed on the Nieuports they had been stalking for the last 10 minutes. They were just out of range when Ross spotted them, fired a warning shot for Anderson, then swung his plane around to face the enemy.

Weissener turned inside the Nieuport and got a long range shot off before his guns jammed (2 plus Gun Jam). Delling managed to close on the tail of the other Nieuport and fired (2, 2, plus Gun Jam) All the time Weissener showed good concentration, hanging onto Ross' tail while trying to unjam his guns. The same couldn't be said of Delling who drifted out of the fight whilst trying to do the same. Still close on Ross' tail after freeing his weapons, he fired to no effect (0, 0) what did he have to do? He fired again at close range and saw his shots plough into the cockpit area before (0, 5+1 plus Injured Pilot) Again he fired (3+1, 0 plus Gun Jam)

Weissener was about to learn a vital and very nearly fatal lesson) With Ross still in his sights and still trying to free his guns, he failed to keep a wary eye on the surrounding sky, which was filled by the Nieuport of Anderson, delivering a sudden reminder (2 plus Flame)

All thoughts of Ross vanished as Weissener saw the Flames heading toward him from the engine. Weissener (Fire 0) banked the plane to the left to keep the flames at bay and Anderson felt their heat as he passed behind Weissener. Weissener seemed to be doing something right (Fire 0) as the flames seemed to be lessening, so he continued doing it. He then pushed the plane into a right turn (Flame 0) and saw the flames flicker out)

He looked around to see the Nieuports well over the Entente side of the line. He looked at his fuel guage and made the decision to head for home. He then saw Delling's plane crawling back from the South. They joined up and headed for home.

Landing back at their airfield, Weissener sat still in his plane. Guns jammed twice, missing out on a certain kill, nearly being shot down and flames pouring out of his engine. What a welcome on his first patrol.

Inconclusive I know but it was late. Scenario will be re run from the Bulldogs side

Butcher's Tally

Leutenant Ernst Weissener RTB no kills
    Leutenant Augst Delling RTB no kills

Leutenant Daniel Ross Rolled 6 RTB +1, Wounded -1 =6 Rolled 4 miss 2 scenarios
    Leutenant Kenneth Anderson RTB no kills

Enjoy

Another enjoyble story, I've just read your previous ones as well and particularly liked Remmingtons escape.
    I don't usually look in this section, I wonder if you might be better posting in the AAR subsection, but I'm still finding my way around the site so I could easily be wrong.

Hello John.

Thanks for the comment. Starting slowly. Just got the planes to start in late 1916 and am starting to run the OTT Daring Young Men campaign. Fighting technology at the moment. Got to get this computer set up properly to accept pictures from my phone. May go to the AARs when I can include pictures. Until then I'll keep writing the stories here. Have done the first part of the campaign and Jasta 25 controls the air. Next is a photo recon mission. Check in here if you like a good story. Campaign if you want pictures. I will get there one day

There are a number of ways you can share your photos from your phone, I know someone suggested connecting the phone to the computer and that should be the easiest way to transfer them.
    If you have a G mail email account you will also have access to a Google Drive account, they come together. You can then upload your phone photos to Google Drive and then download them from Google Drive to your computer.

Otherwise do what I do and get a 10 year old off the street to help.

Similar Missions

1. a 95 squadron jasta 25 story (3) what happened to rimmington?
    By camel crew in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2020, 07:35
  2. a jasta 25 squadron 50 story (2)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-17-2020, 04:45
  3. a 95 squadron jasta 25 story
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-21-2020, 17:09
  4. Italian Front: Jasta 11 versus 60 Squadron