Ares Games

Thread: B-25 crash

That is really sad news, Bob, but at least none of the crew were seriously injured.

Sad news but at least the crew are not badly injured.

Very sad to see but no fatalities other than Old Glory by the look of it.

"He is wise who watches"

That's a shame, but glad the crew came out in one piece.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

So very scary for the aviation hobby, hope this doesn't renew calls for the end of preservation & restoration efforts.

Very glad no one was killed, though.

I am very glad the crew members survived. That is the most important. It is sad that we lost an important piece of history.

Sad to have lost yet another old warbird - but, like others have said, the silver lining to this particular cloud is the lack of human fatalities.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

I’m glad there were no fatalities but it’s a shame about the plane.

[QUOTE=zenlizard;538504]So very scary for the aviation hobby, hope this doesn't renew calls for the end of preservation & restoration efforts.

I’m not one to tell people what to do with their property but do you guys think there is a point when these planes should stop being flown? There are only so many left and even with a fully capable pilot and crew and a fully maintained aircraft accidents do happen. I think it will probably come down to money, as accidents happen and planes/parts become harder to find the prices will go up to a point where it will cost too much to fly these planes.

im glad the crew got out alive. it saddens me greatly to see another rare warbird lost forever. ive immensely enjoyed seeing them fly over the years but i also wonder if its time to ground them. i once opposed that vehemently but one can only see so many warbirds lost every year and wonder if its worth it. i dont know. im highly conflicted on this point.

Yeouch! Old Glory really took one on the chin. A relief that there were no fatalities.

Verry sorry to hear of the crash, but like the rest of you glad to hear that no one was killed.
    The to fly or not to fly is a moot point. Money is needed to keep the aircraft in good condition even in a museum. I would in an ideal world like to see them retired and replaced by replicas to keep the pilots happy save the historical warbirds and keep the money coming in, but I guess that is just pie in the sky.
    rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. P-51 crash
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-19-2017, 14:14
  2. Mustang crash in UK
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-03-2016, 23:32
  3. Crash
    By grumpybear in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5