Hello everyone and welcome to this year’s Doncaster gathering. On such a lovely sunny day, I am really excited to welcome you all to this year’s non-event. It is remarkable just how many people have managed to not make it to Doncaster this year, looking around I think it must be a record year for not turning up.

We have a packed non programme this year as usual. In the main room we have Tim not running a fantastic Battlestar Galactica game, I am sure that will be very popular with all those that have failed to attend. Thanks to Mikee, Neil and Reg for their Wings Games, its brilliant that we can finally not play Neil’s 1938 China Sea game, I know I have been looking forward to not being able to play it for a couple of years now. Obviously I will not be getting my Bristol’s out at some point as usual…
In the side room the Sails brigade are excitedly not opening their bottles of port and are ready to not play another highly detailed and historically accurate naval engagement, once the traditional toasts have been not applied of course.

On Sunday we won’t be having our now traditional crazy Ace of Aces game, and I look forward to not awarding the Eagle Trophy to one non-existent player.
So without further ado, let the games not begin…. I look forward to seeing plenty of inaction reports and some great non photos…

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 311
Size:  56.7 KB
The games have started, nice to see so many smiling familiar faces

On a serious note, I am genuinely gutted that I am sitting here typing this into a laptop and not welcoming everyone to our annual gathering. It has been a really tough year so far for so many people, for me the bad news started when we lost Harry Matterne (Matt56) back in February, little did I think that the year would just get worse and worse for so many reasons. However we have arrived in September, thankfully we are still here, and as far as I am aware we are carrying on as best we can.

So as we write off our 2020 event let’s look forward to 2021 and keep fingers (and everything else) crossed that life is a lot more normal than it is now.