Ares Games

Thread: The 1/144% Solution?

Default The 1/144% Solution?

The 1/144% Solution for WWII? Maybe those who have gone before us had it right for the long run, they did our game in common scales with the cards and rules of the original game . . . while the correct scale minis existed in good supply I paid it no heed, but now I wonder if it might be the means of our grace ahead? See my listing on the For Sale thread for what I have to offer . . .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200904_114459_resized_1.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	123.0 KB 
ID:	292501

Name:	20200904_113045_resized_1.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	292502

Name:	20200904_115715_resized_1.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	114.8 KB 
ID:	292503

Just thinkin?

I agree. After acquiring all of the official WGS releases, I discovered that there were many models that I wanted that haven't been officially released, and will never be officially released in my lifetime. I went through a period of time debating about mixing in some 144 scale prepainted F-Toys with my 1/200 WGS planes. I purchased a few 144's, and compared the differences. If I had the painting and scale modeling skills that many of our Aerodrome members possess, I probably would've initially turned to third party 1/200 scale planes. But since I do not have those skills, prepainted 144's and unpainted scale model kits were my next option. The expense of many F-toys 144 models prevents me from adding them to my collection. My next option is to purchase 144 scale model kits. I am able to glue them together and place decals on them. Unfortunately, they will be cursed to fly in whatever color they were originally molded in. At least I will have a visual, though ugly, representation of some of the missing essential planes needed for many possible WWII scenarios.

This is why I am extremely grateful to my fellow Aerodrome members who help with developing the stats for the unofficial planes, and those who create custom cards that allow me to incorporate these additional planes into this excellent WGS gaming system.

Some where I have a tub full of F-Toys as well . . . lots of Japanese WWII and Korea vintage planes and jets in 1/144" scale . . .

Just a tub of F-toys ? I have cases of them from when I got hook on them for WW II. My planes consist of official planes, AIM,Shapeways and F-toys.

If Ares ever stopped supporting the game then 1:144 scale models might be a good way to keep it alive.

I picked up some pre-painted 1/144 models in anticipation of the Nexus WW2 release, the range of multi-engine types is superb, I was gutted when they produced their 1/200 models and never got into it.

"He is wise who watches"

Similar Missions

1. My storage solution
    By Honza in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-06-2015, 12:14
  2. Yet Another Storage Solution
    By richarddaystrom in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-18-2014, 14:00
  3. Storage solution
    By Bruno.hofke in forum WGF: General Discussions