Ares Games

Thread: Wings of War collection collecting dust. Value? Thanks.

Question Wings of War collection collecting dust. Value? Thanks.

Hi.

Back in 2012, I made a few trades on this site to get more planes. I spent quite a bit on Internet to acquire more planes, boxes, game mats and such. Then I put everything in boxes and life continued.

I don't see myself playing much with the kids, work and responsabilities (damn covid!).

Anyway, I'd like to have an idea on the value of all this. Sorry if it's not the right place to do that. If so, let me know.

See picture.

Cheers.
    Louis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5975.jpg  

I'm no expert but I would suggest 'at least' prices if you sold them individually on evil-Bay you should realise 10-15 for individual planes, 30 for the bomber, 15 for each box set, about 70 for the balloons & deluxe edition, maybe 40 for both mats.
    Some will fetch more than you hoped or expected, some not. I saw a Kempf Fok Dr.1 sell for £9.50 one day, the next day one went for £22.00.. Go figure !
    Choose the denomination you wish to sell in, I find we in the UK pay in pounds roughly what the US does in dollars or EU does in Euro.
    As a whole collection I'd total that up the halve it and see where the bids take you, or decide the price you'd be willing to accept.
    If you wanted to keep it in the community you could offer them at fixed prices (no bidding) on the forum here:
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/fo...ed-Classifieds
    I wish you luck with it.

"He is wise who watches"

Hello Louis

Don't know how old you are but I'll tell you a story. In my late teens and early 20's I was a drummer in a band, had a nice kit. Early 30's kids n resposibilities made it look like I was never gonna play again, so I sold the kit. Got to my early 50's, kids grown up and I've been playing in bands again for about 8 years - had to buy another kit n stuff. Also introduced to WoG in 2013ish but responsibilities and money meant I never took it further. Now been on the Forum and playing for nearly a year. Keep some of it - you never know

That is a very nice collection you have there and I wish you every success in whatever you decide.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Peter
    Sorties Flown

It's worth considerably more than what you paid for it! It is a very safe bet to say you will not lose money on anything in that collection, especially if the items are like new or are new and still sealed in the boxes. As Dave mentioned, the market value of the planes can vary but the Revised Deluxe Set and Balloon Busters boxes should command princely sums at auction.

I will repeat what Iain wrote, if you think you'll have a hankering for this game years from now AND have the space to store everything safely then treat it like a blue chip stock and play the long game until the time is right to decide whether you're going to play or cash out. Wings of Glory is not mass produced to the same degree as ridiculously popular games like Star Wars X-Wing so the cost of purchasing out of print planes and accessories years from now may be prohibitive. There's also good chance your kids may want to play with their old man once they're old enough to appreciate the game and can handle the planes with care!

If you do decide to sell keep in mind Ebay takes its cut and forces buyers' to pay tax. Dealing with folks on this forum and other relevant websites and social media pages will allow you to circumvent all of that but keep in mind the associated risks.
    Last edited by Spino; 09-14-2020 at 10:29.

Very nice collection. No matter what avenue you choose you will get all money invested back. The balloons you will make money one. Please let us know how you wish to dispose of your collection. I am sure the members will help in any way they can.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Mike
    Sorties Flown

You definitely have items I will gladly purchase for reasonable prices!

Particularly the balloons.

My vision is poor, are there any sopwith triplanes or Fokker eIII’s in there?

Sopwith Triplanes and Fokker E.IIIs are Ares planes (Wings of Glory), not Nexus (Wings of War).
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Just curious, if you don't have the boxes any more would the set still be worth selling?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken at Sunrise View Post
    Just curious, if you don't have the boxes any more would the set still be worth selling?
    Our favourite store sells second hand ones in Ziploc bags. I bought a couple the other day. The main thing with doing that is to try to keep the cards with the right model.

Thank you guys for your comments. Iain and Peter: your story... not sure what to do now.
    I'll sleep over it for a few nights.
    Best regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Our favourite store sells second hand ones in Ziploc bags. I bought a couple the other day. The main thing with doing that is to try to keep the cards with the right model.
    Good to know if the time for selling every happens; I've acquired a few over time and each and every one is in an AeroDrome foam tray with their respective cards . I even custom cut foam for the balloons. All ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken at Sunrise View Post
    I have a load of boxes that would complete many of them, probably not worth the postage shipping them over the pond though

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    I have a load of boxes that would complete many of them, probably not worth the postage shipping them over the pond though
    Originally I kept all of the boxes and inserts, but now I doubt that I could match up the plane with it's proper insert. Might take some time.

imo the boxes are simply handy shipping containers for one or two planes at a time. I throw most of them away.

do you have a list of your stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by camel crew View Post
    Me or Big Air (Louis) the OP?

Meant for Louis. Apologies for confusion

Quote Originally Posted by camel crew View Post
    Revised Deluxe Set
    Flight of the Giants expansion
    Famous Aces expansion
    Burning Drachens expansion – new in shrink
    Balloon Busters – De Guibert (Brown) new in shrink
    Balloon Busters – Caquot (Yellow)
    Game mat – East section
    Game mat – West section

Serie 1
    A dmg - A Deck - WW07A Spad XIII Francesco Baracca Italy
    A dmg - A Deck - WW07B Spad XIII René Fonck France
    A dmg - C Deck - WW07D Sopwith Camel William G. Barker Great Britain
    A dmg - B Deck - WW07H Albatros D.Va Ludwig Weber Germany
    A dmg - B Deck - WW07I Albatros D.Va Kurt Jentsch Germany
    A dmg - D Deck - WW07K Fokker DR. I Fritz Kempf Germany

Serie 2
    A dmg - M Deck - WW08D Sopwith Snipe William George Barker Great Britain
    A dmg - M Deck - WW08E Sopwith Snipe Thomas Charles Richmond Baker Australia
    A dmg - M Deck - WW08F Sopwith Snipe Clement Verner Ryrie Australia
    B dmg - K Deck - WW08G LFG Roland C.II Manfred von Richthofen Germany
    B/B dmg - K Deck - WW08H LFG Roland C.II Richard Seibert & Arthur Pfleger Germany
    B/B dmg - K Deck - WW08I LFG Roland C.II none (Luftstreitskräfte) Germany
    B/B dmg - H Deck - WW08J De Havilland D.H. 4 Egbert Cadbury & Robert Leckie Great Britain
    B/A dmg - H Deck - WW08L De Havilland D.H. 4 Alfred Clayburn Atkey Great Britain

Serie 3
    A dmg - I Deck - WW13B Nieuport 17 Charles Nungesser France
    B dmg - I Deck - WW13C Nieuport 23 Kibanov Russia
    A dmg - J Deck - WW13E Albatros D.III Ludwig Hautzmayer Austria
    A dmg - J Deck - WW13F Albatros D.III Werner Voss Germany
    B/B dmg - H Deck - WW13G Ufag C.I Flick 23/D Austria
    B/B dmg - H Deck - WW13H Ufag C.I Luftfahrtruppen 1 Austria
    B/B dmg - H Deck - WW13i Ufag C.I Luftfahrtruppen 2 Austria
    B/B dmg - K Deck - WW13J RAF R.E. 8 John Longton & Thomas Carson Great Britain
    B/B dmg - K Deck - WW13K RAF R.E. 8 Gerald Ferguson & 2nd Class Air Mechanic Fry Great Britain
    B/B dmg - K Deck - WW13L RAF R.E. 8 Aviation Militaire Belgium

Serie 4
    A dmg - N Deck - WW23A R.A.F. SE5a William Avery Bishop Canada
    A dmg - N Deck - WW23B R.A.F. SE5a Roderic Stanley Dallas Australia
    A dmg - N Deck - WW23C R.A.F. SE5a Joseph E. Boudwin USA
    A dmg - J Deck - WW23D Pfalz D.III Fritz Höhn Germany
    A dmg - J Deck - WW23E Pfalz D.III Hans Klein Germany
    A dmg - J Deck - WW23F Pfalz D.IIIa Max Holtzem Germany
    A/A dmg - K Deck - WW23G Breguet BR.14 B2 de Greffier & Marseille France
    B/A dmg - K Deck - WW23i Breguet BR.14 B2 Browning & Duke USA
    B/B dmg - K Deck - WW23J Rumpler C.IV C. MFFA 2 Germany
    B/B dmg - K Deck - WW23K Rumpler C.IV C. 8267/17 Germany
    B/B dmg - K Deck - WW23L Rumpler C.IV C. 8012/17 Germany

Wings of Glory
    Caproni CA.3 (CEP 115)

Hello Louis

Nice list. wish you well with selling or not selling

Similar Missions

1. WGF Huge collection Wings of War / Wings of Glory : 106 planes
    By Ludobrabo in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2016, 12:46
  2. Hobby vrs Collecting
    By boomerpete53 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-11-2014, 00:03
  3. WGF wings of War wwII & wings of glory wwII complet collection for sale !
    By Scanetsu in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2014, 13:11
  4. COLLECTING PLANES?
    By boomerpete53 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-27-2013, 09:36
  5. eBay eBay Wings of War WWI Collection
    By joeklecko in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 11:34