Ares Games

Thread: Stats and card needed for P1Y1 Ginga (Frances)

Default Stats and card needed for P1Y1 Ginga (Frances)

I have a P1Y1 on order, and would like to know the official stats, and correct base to use for the early version of this plane with either Homare 11 or 12 engines. Prefer armament to be the 20mm type 99 cannons up front, and a single flex 13mm type 2 firing towards the rear.

I located the Max Headroom card for it, but wanted to check for any updated stats to go along with it, and which size base to use with it too. I'd appreciate any opinions and recommendations.

I'd appreciate a card with the updated information on it too when somebody has the time to create one.
    Last edited by abovetheclouds; 09-11-2020 at 11:07.

I'll be on the road this weekend, so I can get to it next week.
    The base will be a bomber base.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Had some time today, so here you go:
    Deck Y, hits: 25, ceiling: 11; climb 6; Guns: Front gun: C/A, front arc; Dorsal gun: A/A, rear arc.

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Excellent! Thanks Karl. Now to find someone with time to create a new card. In the meantime I'll write the updated stats on the old card that I found in the Max Headroom files.

First time that my rep gun wouldn't fire, I owe you one!
    Last edited by abovetheclouds; 09-11-2020 at 11:09.

Wanted to bring this up again. Would anyone be interested in creating a card for the Yokosuka P1Y1 Ginga bomber with Karl's updated stats? I'm currently using the Max Headroom card I found with the updated stats scribbled on it, but it would be nice to have a bomber sized card with the updated stats printed on it. Any takers?

Pretty much, not without something to guild me.

I now have a possible line drawing to work from...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yokosuka-p1y_Lines.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	292809
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Had some time today, so here you go:
    Deck Y, hits: 25, ceiling: 11; climb 6; Guns: Front gun: C/A, front arc; Dorsal gun: A/A, rear arc.

Karl
    Hmmm... And I now think I'm farther behind in my MATES WWII cards than I thought. I am doing up the S and U Decks, and knew I was missing the T (Don't have this deck, either). Did the XE and XF decks today. Now, there is a Y Deck, as well? Any more I'm missing?

PS: T Deck was for the P-40 Thunderbolt. I now see that the Dornier Do.17 Z-10 is using the Y Deck, along with the Dornier Do.17 Z-2 which is using the U Deck (I have this plane).
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 09-27-2020 at 00:22.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Hmmm... And I now think I'm farther behind in my MATES WWII cards than I thought. I am doing up the S and U Decks, and knew I was missing the T (Don't have this deck, either). Did the XE and XF decks today. Now, there is a Y Deck, as well? Any more I'm missing?

PS: T Deck was for the P-40 Thunderbolt. I now see that the Dornier Do.17 Z-10 is using the Y Deck, along with the Dornier Do.17 Z-2 which is using the U Deck (I have this plane).
    I believe you are correct. The S, T, U, and Y seem to be the only official decks currently missing from your WGS Mates album.

I'm glad I finally discovered your Mates cards. They will be very convenient to use when I'm flying solo scenarios. Excellent job on creating these, Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post

100% done with all decks, including the P-47 Thunderbolt. Many thanks to Peter [Teaticket] for the scans of decks I didn't have.
    Mike

And one last outstanding card request brought to the fore.

Name:	Yokosuka P1Y1 (1).jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	294557Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yokosuka P1Y1 (2).jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	294558Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yokosuka P1Y1 (3).jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	294559

262nd Hikotai, 762 Kokutai ?

Name:	yokosuka-P1Y_Work.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	294561
    Mike

It took a bit of Googling, but I fould a cockpit configuration image:

Name:	botp1yinterior.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	294587

Based on the above, there is no need for a Crew Management card, as per the Dauntless or other three-crewed planes that have no room for movement. If there is a requirement, please advise.

This is what I came up with, and advice is solicited on the firing arcs:

Name:	WGS-P1Y1-782Kokutai_PlayCard.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	294591

[Edit: Rear Firing Arc adjusted as suggested below.]
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 11-16-2020 at 13:02.
    Mike

Mike;
    I've seen nothing to indicate the rear gun shouldn't use the standard rear firing arc.
    Karl

Mike;
    I've seen nothing to indicate the rear gun shouldn't use the standard rear firing arc.
    Karl
    45 degrees to the rear?
    Mike

To each side, yes, so a total of 90 degrees. Remember the tail blind spot.
    Karl

To each side, yes, so a total of 90 degrees. Remember the tail blind spot.
    Karl
    Card above updated. Hope that is better.

Is this plane OK without the Management Card?
    Mike

Doesn't look like it needs one.
    Karl

Once again, I thank everyone involved in creating this card. One more of Japan's "Model of the Month" planes is ready to fly.

Similar Missions

1. WGS stats needed: Hs 129
    By Nightbomber in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-17-2015, 12:16
  2. Aviatik D.I & Stats Needed
    By freebird-52 in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-30-2013, 13:48
  3. Several planes stats needed
    By Angiolillo in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 5