Just a random pic from 2015

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN9304.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	162.7 KB 
ID:	292163

Hmmmm

Still got the Blue Extra.

Had to post, then Edit Post, Go Advanced, click the WYSIWYG button, delete the "IMG" line, and then use the Manage Attachments to Insert the pic again.

Not sure I will be up to all that for an AAR ...

so its a windows 10 update why i cant upload pics anymore?

There are a few ways to post pictures, and things have changed in the forum too so it's possible something's being tripped up.
    We've found that if you hit the WYSIWYG (A/A) button to review your thread/post before submitting it it changes the format of the images and you get the duplicate blue fields. If you use preview Post button this doesn't happen, so, it might be down to a combination of things.
    I used to create albums and the AAR using the Attachments button but now find it quicker and easier just to use the Insert Image button for AAR thread's; select from computer or URL then upload, and use preview post to check things. I use Windows 10 and Chrome and have never had a blue duplicate... yet.
    Herr Oberst is aware of what we've found, we thrashed around with this in OTT recently. Pete was part of this but it seems his problem persists.
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...l=1#post536546

"He is wise who watches"

Exclamation

Interesting that certain folk are having these problems.
    I use Windows 10 & Chrome & have never had any problems.
    However I probably write my AAR's differently to most folk.
    For what its worth this is what I do:

I put "Under Construction" at the top of the page then commence the story/AAR. I insert the photos as I go, finding that checking the photos in my photo file helps the story line.
    I make sure I post what I have done within the hour limit & then go back & edit advanced & continue.
    It is easy to delete any photos you put in the wrong place.
    Using this method I have avoided the Blue Screen virus.
    I finally remove the Under Construction message when I have completed the AAR.

I will try that method, Baz.
    I never had any trouble until a year or so ago when this started to plague several of us on the site.

Just as a matter of interest - how do you post a single photo that has nothing to do with an AAR?

We've found that if you hit the WYSIWYG (A/A) button to review your thread/post before submitting it it changes the format of the images and you get the duplicate blue fields. If you use preview Post button this doesn't happen, so, it might be down to a combination of things.
    Dave - I never pressed the WSYIWYG button, but think the system now inherently treats a post as if I had.
    Last edited by Stumptonian; 09-08-2020 at 17:38.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    I will try that method, Baz.
    I never had any trouble until a year or so ago when this started to plague several of us on the site.

Just as a matter of interest - how do you post a single photo that has nothing to do with an AAR?
    G'day Pete. For single photos like the Aircraft & Art shots, I just write the post, go down to Manage Attachments, click on the Box then click on "add files" then when thumbnail appears just click upload & Bobs your Uncle ( I should have said Dave's your Uncle! )

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    G'day Pete. For single photos like the Aircraft & Art shots, I just write the post, go down to Manage Attachments, click on the Box then click on "add files" then when thumbnail appears just click upload & Bobs your Uncle ( I should have said Dave's your Uncle! )
    Actually, he's my Onkel

Like this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MvR Resting Place.jpg  

As you can see, the system still does not work the same for me as it does for you ....

And if I try to edit, there is no picture showing like there usually is.
    Has to be something in the profile that is different, but Herr Oberst was unable to see anything.

That's both weird and frustrating Pete.

Just going through that process outlined by Baz that you trialled above - I can get a blue field, & no sign of anything in the post when I preview it, if I don't hit the 'Insert In-line' button and just hit the 'Done' button.... (Baz didn't mention it)
    Expect you did but have to ask if you hit the 'Insert In-line' button just to eliminate that query ?
    (pic inserts where the cursor is)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Keep Calm Poster Wings Of Glory.JPG  

"He is wise who watches"

Once more into the breach ...

Name:	Albatros.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	292188

The Preview showed 2 pictures, one outlined in blue, after I did the 'Insert In-line' button and hit the 'Done' button.

I went back into Manage Attachments and pressed the WYSIWYG button and it then showed the IMG script.
    I deleted that line and repeated the Insert and Done and the text now showed the ATTACH=CONFIG script.

I clicked Preview Post again and it looked right. (The way it always had done for years.)

Interesting - i posted another pic and wanted to show the scripts that were showing, so I tried using [QUOTE] [/UNQUOTE] or " " around the words and the pictures displayed from both versions.

I also tried adding a txt file to show the scripts, but although it took the file, it won't display it.
    Attached Files

It's a mystery !

These are your quotes Pete - I had to drop spaces into the lines to get it to show:

[IMG]https:/ /www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=292189&stc=1[/IMG]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]292189 [/ATTACH]

So, when I hit Insert Inline, or, when I go via Insert Image I get the [ATTACH=CONFIG] line when I Preview Post.
    I only get the [IMG] line in a preview if I then hit the WYSIWYG button (then I get the duplicates).
    My blue field in my above post shows in previewed post but neither the [ATTACH=CONFIG] or [IMG] line shows in the text box below it, however, if I go straight into Attachments it's in place as an attachment so I can select/add it in line & it comes up as [ATTACH=CONFIG] line.
    Something is clearly amiss with your system/forum set up somehow.

"He is wise who watches"

I think I may have found what causes me grief:

Name:	Aerodrome Profile.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	292191

This is my setting on my Profile Page.

What are yours, Dave and Baz?

My setting is the Standard Editor and I've had no blue photo issues.

I'm standard editor too Pete - Engage option !

"He is wise who watches"

Name:	Gargoyles.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	292194

Images uploading fine from here....

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

I'm standard editor but have always used the WYSIWYG button, the last post I didn't and followed Mikes instructions. I was posting my game 6 report a few minutes ago and managed to delete it all by accident, a bit weary now so I won't try again tonight.
    Cheers

Hurrah!

I did that WotW pic just by clicking the photo upload - no Manage Attachments etc.
    Instead of showing the pic it just has the CONFIG text.
    I crossed my fingers and pressed Post Quick Reply

I think I may have found what causes me grief:

Name:	Aerodrome Profile.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	292191

This is my setting on my Profile Page.

What are yours, Dave and Baz?
    Well there you go - a hidden WYSIWYG setting. FYI - my setting is standard editor. I tend to not like WYSIWYG editors as too many controls are hidden from view - despite the name.

I do notice that I no longer see the smilies in my post - just the coded string - before posting now.

Thumbs up

Standard Editor for me also!

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Standard Editor for me also!
    I think something changed when Keith had to deal with all kinds of server issues last year.
    Prior to that, I had no problems unless I took too long to post a pic.
    WYSIWYG functionality must have changed.

Glad to have it sorted out at long last.

Thank you Pete for discovering where this glitch was originating. I just experimented with the changes that you had made, and it corrected my double photo issues too.

I do notice that I no longer see the smilies in my post - just the coded string - before posting now.
    Now you're seeing what we usually see - which explains a lot !
    I've let Keith know, hopefully if others are having the same issue it'll fix theirs too.
    Last edited by flash; 09-10-2020 at 00:31.

"He is wise who watches"

I think the coded used on the site for the WYSIWYG interface is does not play well with the newer version of server code. I've just disable the WYSIWYG interface to avoid this issue going forward... now I'm sure I'll get asked what happened to that interface by a lot of people

If you want to display code in your post, you have to use the # button/icon and it will be displayed like this:

Code:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]some-numbers-here[/ATTACH]
    That code normally would display the image like so:

Name:	GrandmaGoesCamping--2.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	292223

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    so its a windows 10 update why i cant upload pics anymore?
    Phillip, I don't think it is a Windows 10 issue as I'm using it as well. Could it have been the WYSIWYG interface? Try it here in this thread and see what you get.

ill give it another try. tried it earlier.

still nothing. i click upload and the cursor just sits there and blinks.

Just updated my computer to Windows 10. Another week (being) wasted configuring up all my settings and uploading programs.

And...

I can't upload images.

Name:	WGS-G3M-Nell-Dai755KaigunKokutai-MgmtCardV3.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	146.3 KB 
ID:	294676

Hmmm... The above loaded, using the Basic Loader.

More trials...

PS: WoW! I can't get the above to appear in my File Upload Manager. I attempted to put the image in my Photo Album, but the image will not load. It doesn't appear in the Home Folder box, nor the Attachments box when in the Album, but it shows only in the Attachments box in this thread. I can't move it into the Home Folder box, at all.
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 11-19-2020 at 11:50.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Update. I tried my Better Half's Windows 10 machine, then the Android Tablet, and lastly, my Blackberry Key2 (Android OS) phone. None of them would let me upload images. So, this isn't Windows 10, but account based?

Name:	WGS-G3M-Nell-GenzanKokutai22Sentai-PlayCardV4.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	134.9 KB 
ID:	294683
    Once again, only the Basic Uploader would allow me to post an image. That doesn't appear to be an option in an Album.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Similar Missions

1. Photo Test
    By Stumptonian in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2020, 17:30
  2. Whats wrong with the photo files upload??????
    By tikkifriend in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-13-2020, 23:48
  3. Painting Windows
    By jbmacek in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-03-2016, 02:19
  4. Windows 10
    By Baxter in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-25-2015, 13:06
  5. Replies: 4