Ares Games

Thread: Old maymats - scan of a part of it

Default Old maymats - scan of a part of it

Guys do you happen to have a scan of a part of the old WWI play mat? I need it for some card graphics. Just in case someone has it, my scanner has died years ago ...

A scan? The mat is a bit big to fit into my scanner.

Would a high def photo work?

PS: I have both Nexus mats. Any particular part you'd like?
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Mike thanks, any part would be fine, just slap it on scanner and whatewer comes out. Thank you!
    PS: i just need something on a background of a card so it matches.

I dug the mats out of the dusty closet, and photographed them with my Better Half's 48Mpx phone camera.

Now, if you have DropBox, I can place them in a folder you can access. Just send a PM with your email address, and I will link you to it.
    Mike

Here is what i made. It is out wingman Zdenek's idea for the Con. Random defender placement during a baloon busting mission. Hun comes out of the Sun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tisk-front-preview.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	201.3 KB 
ID:	292158

Name:	karta-rub-preview.jpg 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	292159

Quote Originally Posted by Honza View Post
    Here is what i made. It is out wingman Zdenek's idea for the Con. Random defender placement during a baloon busting mission. Hun comes out of the Sun.

Name:	tisk-front-preview.jpg 
Size:	201.3 KB 
ID:	292158

Name:	karta-rub-preview.jpg 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	292159
    Nice cards!

How does the placement work, and what does the "-#" mean?
    Mike

Basically instead of a defender setup, you setup the cards up to 1 ruler away from balloons (random cards, face down, no looking at the front).
    When attackers approach the card within a short distance (peg to card), the card immediately flips - one way, no additional rotation - and defender places his ship arrow to arrow and plans the rest of maneuvers for that turn.

Or at the start of the 3rd planning, all cards become defending aircraft.
    They suddenly come from the sun.

The -# means, that for HP penalty of #, you can choose one of the red directions, otherwise you have to use the black direction.

The game takes 8 turns and points are awarded for downed balloons and aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Honza View Post
    Basically instead of a defender setup, you setup the cards up to 1 ruler away from balloons (random cards, face down, no looking at the front).
    When attackers approach the card within a short distance (peg to card), the card immediately flips - one way, no additional rotation - and defender places his ship arrow to arrow and plans the rest of maneuvers for that turn.

Or at the start of the 3rd planning, all cards become defending aircraft.
    They suddenly come from the sun.

The -# means, that for HP penalty of #, you can choose one of the red directions, otherwise you have to use the black direction.

The game takes 8 turns and points are awarded for downed balloons and aircraft.
    So, a card for each defender plane, or a few random cards for each defending plane? A few random cards per defending plane, if there are more than one defending plane?

And I suspect the damage is inflicted on the arriving defender plane, if they choose the alternate red arrows, not an opponent's attacking plane(s).
    Mike

And I suspect the damage is inflicted on the arriving defender plane, if they choose the alternate red arrows, not an opponent's attacking plane(s).
    Yes.

So, a card for each defender plane, or a few random cards for each defending plane? A few random cards per defending plane, if there are more than one defending plane?
    One random card for one plane.

Similar Missions

1. Italian Front: Flik 41J part 1
    By john snelling in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-13-2015, 14:49
  2. ALL BETSEYS ARE OFF (PART THREE)
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-22-2011, 23:41
  3. All Betseys are off. Part Two.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum WGF: After Action Reports