Ares Games

Thread: Pilot Logbook for capaigns

Default Pilot Logbook for capaigns

I went looking around for a pilot logbook to use for the solo campaign I am playing, and not finding anything I liked with a cursory search, went ahead and put something together in InDesign:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pilot Logbook.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	291685

It is formatted for the campaign rules from the Stockholm wargames club website: http://www.littlewars.se/wow/index.html
    The RPG gamer in me likes the extensive tables they use for pilot crash landings and recovery in hospital, that help create some light story narrative. However, I think the ideas are generic enough it would work for other campaign rules out there as well.

If anyone is interested, I can make more faction-specific versions and upload a PDF of all of them to the files section. This is formatted to print two on an 8.5x11 sheet, front and back, so that it can be cut and folded into a four-page folio booklet (the Mission Log runs onto the back with a total of 14 slots). I have printed mine on cardstock and they have a nice "movie prop" feel to them when they're lying around the game table.

That is awesome. I’d love to get copies to use in ongoing games.

I'm running into a bit of a tracking issue for my campaign. I borrowed something from the files section, but that only works for the pilots, not the campaign administrator. I don't think a spread sheet is the answer, either, if we are tracking wounded pilots and busted planes.

More to follow.

FYI: If Ares ever releases the Wings of Glory Campaign and Scenario Pack, anything I come up with will be geared to track games played using it. I am also looking at tracking Points Values for planes and pilots, as well, although I know lots of Forum members may not care about that.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

I am definitely interested in thoughts on tracking at the squadron level, Mike. Right now I’m just thinking through ways to get my D&D/RPG-centric gaming group interested by potentially having them play individual pilots in the same squadron, but I really like the idea of eventually doing a strategic campaign at the squadron commander level.

I will see if I can get the rest of the nationalities put together and upload something this weekend for those that are interested in a logbook for individual pilots.

Ian, did you ever get a chance to upload any of the pilot logs?

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    Ian, did you ever get a chance to upload any of the pilot logs?
    I'd like to see them, too.

My Mini-Campaign rules are almost at the playtest stage, and I need to draw up Mission rosters for the pilots.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-30-2016, 08:46
  2. My Logbook - Gunther Rall
    By Flashman in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-06-2013, 23:48
  3. National New Pilot
    By skipper in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-14-2013, 21:47
  4. New Pilot