Thread: Greetings

Users Country Flag

Name
    Mike
    Sorties Flown

Default Greetings

Greetings Fellow Fliers!

Allow me to introduce myself.

I have loved WWI aircraft since I was a boy, oh so many years ago!
    I had many planes hanging from my ceiling.

I first started playing Dawn Patrol in high school.

I started playing Wings of War when it first came out in the U.S. from Fantasy Flight.

Recently a friend was talking about 12mm old school sci-fi and that prompted my memory of Tripods and Triplanes, so I looked into it and asked my 16 year old Son if he would be interested, he was! So i purchased that and the Wings of Glory Rules box to get caught up.
    We have caught 7 dogfights in the last week and today we are going to try out the walkers.

I do need to buy a few more planes though...

Mike,

Welcome to the Aerodrome sir! You will find plenty of help here, just ask. If you are looking for planes, Ares just opened their Amazon store, so no steep markups on hard to find planes.

Cheers,

John

Users Country Flag

Name
    Mike
    Sorties Flown

I ordered 4 new planes and the MarkII Tripod today.
    Now I will have all 4 walkers and 29 planes.

Hello Mike. Enjoy your games and dont forget to post AAR's.

Mike, welcome! Greetings from Ohio! Lots of good info and great people here.

John, they have an amazon store?

Oh Mike, you are on the slippery slope! Welcome to others on the same slope

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Mike, from here 'across The Pond' in the United Kingdom. Congratulations on getting your son involved with the game!

Thumbs up

G'day Mike & welcome to the 'drome on behalf of the pilots who fly in NSW down in Australia.
    Sounds like you are really getting into this great game & its so good to hear your son is gaming with you.
    Take your time to check out all the info that is available here & let us know how your games are going.

welcome to the drome mike!!! "I was a boy, oh so many years ago!" so true for so many of us lol.

Greetings from a hot and muggy Space Coast. Glad to hear you got some new blood into the hobby; I infected my sons as well! Have fun and check out all the cool stuff in the files section.

Hello Mike. Welcome to the show, again from across the Pond. Enjoy

Welcome to the 'Drome' Mike from over here in the good old UK.. Do explore this site and avail yourself of all it has to offer-there is a lot!
    Fly safe and remember, always watch your six!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wyant View Post

I do need to buy a few more planes though...
    Mike,
    Welcome to the 'drome. There are lots of enablers here to help you down that bad path...

Your last comment made me laugh. It wasn't a good laugh, but one of understanding and commiseration.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59