Ares Games

Thread: Decks and stands replacements

Users Country Flag

Name
    FoxtrotF
    Sorties Flown

Default Decks and stands replacements

Hello there, new user here.

Just bought second handed and dirt-cheap WoW WW2 deluxe set, but i got some parts missing. Spitfire's stand is long gone, and his deck seems to have lost a few cards (someone didn't like the brits, i guess). Everything else is fine, but i need to replace that deck and stand before i can really start playing, 1vs1 isn't that fun.

I don't want to spend money on another plane and have this wasted there, also wanted to get some 1/144 models of my fav planes and start making my own minis... jsut for fun, but wanting to play with them too. Bases i know are available, but... ¿Is there any way to get just maneuver decks? Packs or something, don't want to buy more planes, which i think are kinda overpriced. I know there used to be "unofficial" ways, but... you know.

Thanks for your help, i hope to be able to post my creations anytime soon, as soon as i know how to make 'em playable.

You can buy pegs from the aerodrome store on this site, as well as a replacement after market stand. You may even get an original stand if some kind soul here has switched to another basing method and is willing to pass it on.
    Wings of War did booster packs of cards for Spitfires called "Flying Legend" that would be compatible to the earlier models, you may be able to pick one up still. Post a thread in the Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds sub forum.

Welcome to the 'drome by the way.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Ares Games' current business model is to not sell WoG maneuver decks seperately from models. Period.

If you keep your eyes open, you can sometimes find old stock from when Nexus used to publish decks, like the Flying Legends pack of A (Spitfire) maneuver decks that flash mentioned. I found some on Ebay and Amazon.

Many of us desk-top publish our own maneuver decks. There are files hosted on this site of fan-designed maneuver decks for aircraft types that neither Nexus nor Ares ever published. It is understandably against the rules to post images of decks that were published by Nexus or Ares, as this would encourage IP piracy. However, if you happen to legitimately own an original deck, it is legal in the US (and possibly elsewhere) to duplicate it for your personal use.

I find DTP to be troublesome, to the point that I'd really rather buy my decks tailor-made from the publisher. But since they're not for sale, I do what I must when I can.

welcome to the drome FoxtrotF!!!! im sure youll find fellow dromers that can point out a solution for your problem. when i was 1st getting started i was able to get a small lot of 5 ww1 wow minis super cheap because they lacked pegs, base, and cards. was able to source the missing parts from decks i had on hand and i was lucky that the pegs were in production at the time. anyway, good luck on your quest!

I'm not sure what the market is like in Spain, but original Wings of War starter sets and booster packs crop up quite regularly on eBay in the UK and are a reasonable way to source extra decks. I have ended up with a few extras (old sales post), so may be able to help out with replacements.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, FoxtrotF, from here in the United Kingdom.

If you look at section #2 in this thread https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...Colombian-Wing

you will see what I wrote for someone I thought was in a similar position to yours. I was incorrect in his case, but you may find something useful in it.

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    and i was lucky that the pegs were in production at the time.
    Are you saying that pegs are officially no longer in production? Then I will start to produce my own (longer) pegs right away.

Users Country Flag

Name
    FoxtrotF
    Sorties Flown

Thanks for your answers.

I've seen some of the booster packs after i wrote my post, but only can find them at like 30$ plus shipping, which will make the price of each individual deck close to the price of a new deck and mini pack from WoG. And about replicating my decks... the problem is i don't have a scanner nor feel confident with my PS or Gimp or whatever software you might use to try and make the, but also do't have the full deck (unless it's shared with the other planes from the WW2 deluxe miniature set, which is something i must say i'm embarrased i haven't checked.

Anyway, thanks for the answers, i'll see what i can do with what i have and will keep and eye on UK's ebay to see what comes up.

Welcome to the 'Drome.

I've got bags 'n' bags of spare parts - PM me what you need, and a snail mail addy, and I'll post 'em off to you.

Cheers

Tim
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Have you seen this thread in the Sales/Trades/Wanted Classified section, FoxtrotF? https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...-Sets-for-sale

Quote Originally Posted by hokusai View Post
    Are you saying that pegs are officially no longer in production? Then I will start to produce my own (longer) pegs right away.

no. they were out of production for awhile but now theyre back in production but who knows for how long.

Similar Missions

1. P manoeuvre decks and flight stands
    By Kustenjaeger in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-30-2020, 01:46
  2. New Products: Decal sheets, ACE flight stands, and Custom Flight Stands
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-11-2018, 07:51
  3. Series 3 Reprint replacements: R.E 8
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Polls
    Replies: 12