Ares Games

Thread: Gray PA12

Default Gray PA12

Has anyone tried the “Gray PA12” plastic? I didn’t see it mentioned in the sticky posts above. It would be nice to get better details if it was possible.

I received one "Gray PA 12" in my latest Shapeways order, but only because the WSF (or equivalent) option was not available this time (I bought the same model in WSF a couple of months ago) I have had a cursory examination when it arrived, but to my untrained eye it seemed just as detailed (and grainy) as the WSF, but black, and more expensive.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

I was hoping it would be less grainy. Guess I’ll stick with good ole WSF. Thanks for the info!

I'll try to post a photo when I can - perhaps the camera's superior detail will show a difference?
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

A few threads down you'll find a thread "A new material: HP plastic (PA12)" with some photos comparing different materials.

The thing I like about the PA12 is that it is much more robust than Versatile Plastic (WSF) and it is unlikely to get distorted during shipment. With current Shapeways pricing, though, there's only a narrow range of sizes where the price is (roughly) the same -- about the size of a 1:144 two-seater.

Similar Missions

1. General A new material: HP plastic (PA12)
    By ReducedAirFact in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-20-2020, 16:25
  2. Gray S.E.5a
    By Grey Knight in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-15-2012, 03:41
  3. Gray Eagles
    By pflanzer in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-15-2010, 10:46