Ares Games

Thread: Request for Li-2 stats and verifying SB-2 Unofficial Aircraft stats

Default Request for Li-2 stats and verifying SB-2 Unofficial Aircraft stats

I just added a Zvezda Russian Tupolev SB-2 to my collection, and wanted to verify that the stats listed in the Unofficial Aircraft List are up to date, mainly the J(b) maneuver deck with a heavy fighter base and 22 damage points. Should I consider any changes to these stats?

I also have a Lisunov Li-2 armed transport plane coming in the mail. I couldn't find it listed in the Unofficial Aircraft List. I did locate the C-47 Skytrain statistics, but the Li-2 with the turret and additional armament would seem to call for a different maneuver deck. Bomber base should be the same. I downloaded the nice cards that Mike had created. The cards mention using an XX deck and 25 damage points. I'm not certain what an XX deck is. Any helpful input would be appreciated.

Thanks for asking about these. I have some to do up but haven't got near them yet. Hadn't thought about the Li-2 but I was going to convert most as C-47s.

I did a quick look-see; apparently, the Russians used lesser engines on the Li-2s; 900hp vs. 1200hp on the C-47s.
    So there is a significant speed difference. I see about getting some stats up; maybe this afternoon, after I fix the botches on the workbench planes from the last session

I looked at the SB-2 again, and, yes, with the Ju-88 using a bomber base, the Sb-2 needs to also. I'll do a double check on that also (and add it to the errata file )'
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    I did a quick look-see; apparently, the Russians used lesser engines on the Li-2s; 900hp vs. 1200hp on the C-47s.
    So there is a significant speed difference. I see about getting some stats up; maybe this afternoon, after I fix the botches on the workbench planes from the last session

I looked at the SB-2 again, and, yes, with the Ju-88 using a bomber base, the Sb-2 needs to also. I'll do a double check on that also (and add it to the errata file )'
    Karl
    Cards to amend, I suspect...

Link: OldGuy59's WWII Allied Transport Planes Album

Link: OldGuy59's WWII Allied Bombers Album
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

OK, PS-84/Li-2:
    Deck: G(Zb), Hits: 28; ceiling: 7; climb: 8; Bomber base
    Guns: Top Turret: A/A level to high, with standard tail blind spot
    "Window" guns: 3-5 O'clock and 8-10 O'clock, high to low, A/A
    There were various MGs mounted on these, including none at all (beginning of the war), but the rating stays the same. The Russians also received a number of C-47s via lend-lease.
    If the G deck is not available (it's from the Fire in the Sky Nexus box set only), then the H deck can be used, taking out the regular side slip cards.

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    I just downloaded and printed out your new SB-2 cards in bomber base size. They look great as usual. Thanks for these.

I noticed Karl has updated the stats on the Li-2. Now that I have the updated stats, I can start using my new plane now. I look forward to downloading updated cards for this plane too whenever you get a chance to update the stats on your nice already existing ones.

Following up on this thread since my Lisunov Li-2 is still sitting on my work table waiting for a new card with the updated damage total and maneuver deck information on it. No rush, just wanted to keep the thread alive until Mike is able to find the time to make those 2 changes to his excellent Li-2 cards.

Fortunately, I was able to remove the fighter peg on my Tupolev SB-2 without causing too much damage, and was able to replace it with a bomber peg based on the updated information Karl kindly provided. Are there any changes to the stats on this plane, to go along with the bomber base update?

Quote Originally Posted by abovetheclouds View Post
    Following up on this thread since my Lisunov Li-2 is still sitting on my work table waiting for a new card with the updated damage total and maneuver deck information on it. No rush, just wanted to keep the thread alive until Mike is able to find the time to make those 2 changes to his excellent Li-2 cards.

Fortunately, I was able to remove the fighter peg on my Tupolev SB-2 without causing too much damage, and was able to replace it with a bomber peg based on the updated information Karl kindly provided. Are there any changes to the stats on this plane, to go along with the bomber base update?
    Thanks for the reminder. I will try to get to these this week. Other things are cluttering up my schedule.
    Mike

Mike

Thank you Mike for the updated Li-2 cards.

Karl
    Karl, were you able to check for any updated stats for the SB-2 to go along with the larger bomber base?

Ummmm....... I forgot? (Dang my old brains).
    Let me get to it next; I'm trying to complete my wingloading and P/W ratio tables to make deck finding more correct.
    It will be one of the X decks, for sure; just need to see which one matches closest.
    Friday?
    Karl

OK, the SB-2 will use the XE deck (Ju.88 A-1).
    Sorry for the lengthy delay.
    Karl

Thanks Karl for the updated information. It'll nice to be able to simply use an existing deck instead of creating a modified one.

Quote Originally Posted by abovetheclouds View Post
    Thanks Karl for the updated information. It'll nice to be able to simply use an existing deck instead of creating a modified one.
    That's certainly the best way. The committee guidelines are that any deck modifications are to subtract cards as needed, not add any. (The adding of the 90 turn to the Zero was a much debated house rule, which only came out with the
    Spitfire Mk.IX, and subsequent addition to the Mk.I and Mk.II).
    Sometimes, planes don't want to fit in what we have, though with the series 6 and BoB bombers, that has increased the data pool. One reason I'm not happy with the continued non-appearance of the series 7 planes.
    Karl

Totally understand and agree. The greater the maneuver deck pool, the better. But until we receive official maneuver decks to cover the vast amount of aircraft, I will still rely on the judgement of you, and the others with the knowledge to provide us with the best possible maneuver decks per plane. Thanks again, and much appreciation.

OK, the SB-2 will use the XE deck (Ju.88 A-1).
    Sorry for the lengthy delay.
    Karl
    SB-2 Cards updated: OldGuy59's WWII Allied Bombers Album
    Mike

Similar Missions

1. Unofficial aircraft stats
    By Doug in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-07-2014, 05:02
  2. Unofficial aircraft stats
    By Doug in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2014, 20:40
  3. The Unofficial 144 scale Stats request
    By Blackronin in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-19-2014, 09:26
  4. Where on the forum are the unofficial aircraft stats?
    By mbowden23 in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-16-2013, 12:15
  5. Unofficial Aircraft Stats Version 4
    By Guntruck in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 18:38