Ares Games
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DONCASTER 2021

Wrong place to put this but I'm getting rid of my Sails and Battlestar Galactica stuff. I'll post a list and if anyone's interested that is hoping to Doncaster I'll bring it with me.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Quote Originally Posted by johnbiggles View Post
    Game preference
    Ruth-Sails of Glory
    Hannah- WWI
    Amy- WWI ( but might be helping me on WWII)
    Me-WWII
    Hi John.
    If Ruth wants to do Tripoli, let me know as places are limited.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Wrong place to put this but I'm getting rid of my Sails and Battlestar Galactica stuff. I'll post a list and if anyone's interested that is hoping to Doncaster I'll bring it with me.
    Interesting... I'm also offing my BSG stuff, due to lack of interest (both by me and my club). Likewise I'll sort a list out if there is interest.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Interesting... I'm also offing my BSG stuff, due to lack of interest (both by me and my club). Likewise I'll sort a list out if there is interest.
    A common situation

Much as I like the game (and love the TV show) it was never more than a novelty compared to WGF and WGS.
    Now the loss of the Game Rights seems to have killed the game off.
    Folks left and right are selling off their collections.
    I've added two other peoples collections to my own, and am now maxed out.

So far, there appear to be no takers at all for a BSG game at Doncaster.
    That's fine, so long as I can slip over to participate on another table instead. I won't bring my stuff if there is no need for it.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

I am considering my T&T in much the same vein Tim although I shall of course be keeping the aircraft!

Rob.
    Last edited by Flying Officer Kyte; 08-15-2021 at 07:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post

So far, there appear to be no takers at all for a BSG game at Doncaster.
    That's fine, so long as I can slip over to participate on another table instead. I won't bring my stuff if there is no need for it.
    No probs Tim, there's plenty of room on the Sails table

I'm leaving now.......

No probs Tim, there's plenty of room on the Sails table

I'm leaving now.......
    I was wondering who would be the first to suggest that, and, curiously, your name was at the very top of the list...

I hate to disappoint, old chap

I hate to disappoint, old chap
    I thought you'd left the room!

Well, since you haven't.......

Fair enough Tim, I will reshuffle and free you up to play whatever takes your fancy, there were a couple of takers but probably not enough to be able to run anything meaningful...

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    .... there were a couple of takers but probably not enough to be able to run anything meaningful...
    None have posted on this thread (only 1 "backup" if their primary choices were not available).

I'm happy to run a game, but not for only one or two players - I can do that at my club.

No probs Tim, thanks for volunteering... have a year off and go for the Trophy, lol

I must be getting soft chaps. As soon as I saw that post I thought of Sails but refrained from mentioning it for fear that Tim would not have his dried Frog Pills to hand. From his measured reply it seems that he did!

Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    As soon as I saw that post I thought of Sails but refrained from mentioning it...

Rob.
    Your name was also on the list

Of course I would never have made such a suggestion...

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Of course I would never have made such a suggestion...

You, of course, were on the list as well......

I thought you'd left the room!

Well, since you haven't.......

I guess that last imoji represents a Clipper eh Tim?

Bye the bye. I am able to be at Donnie this year after all. And Yon is going to be there too Canada will have to wait

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    I guess that last imoji represents a Clipper eh Tim?
    Dunno.............

...but here comes another one, for you

Glad to hear you will be @ Donnie

(by the way, you were on the list as well)

Your name was also on the list
    No real surprise there Tim.
    Rob.

We are also trying to sort out a trip to Canada since before lockdown Mike.
    Eileen wants to see her sister.
    Good to hear you are able to make it to Doncaster this year. Eileen and I look forward to meeting you both.

Rob.
    Last edited by Flying Officer Kyte; 08-16-2021 at 06:36.

that list seems to get bigger and bigger

Quote Originally Posted by camel crew View Post
    that list seems to get bigger and bigger
    There are certain people, who have a certain inclination/habit of invoking the Game Which Shall Not Be Named in respect to me...

I knew one (or more) of them would be unable to resist the temptation; the only question was "which one would get there first?"

There are six more names on the List

Don't worry - yours is not among them.

There are certain people, who have a certain inclination/habit of invoking the Game Which Shall Not Be Named in respect to me...

I knew one (or more) of them would be unable to resist the temptation; the only question was "which one would get there first?"
    I won then.

I won then.
    Yes, you kinda did.

You won't like the prize, though....

Prizes, damn it are there prizes?
    Kyte.

There are six more names on the List

Don't worry - yours is not among them.
    YET!!!!!

THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS..... we kick off one month today !!!!!

so looking forward to it

Hurrah!
    Rob.

Ah I can smell the burning planes from here.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Sadly I must announce I cancel this year. There are several reasons (no direct flights to LBA or MAN, expesive flight tickets, extrem work rush [finishing two BIG projects during September] and cancel even by my friend David) that makes heavy-cost event for me. I am truly sad, because September England, cold mornings, smell of the museum buildings and, the most important, the group of extraordinary people around this gathering is something that means a lot for me. Hope for next year...

Very sorry to hear that Dan - next year then buddy

Truly gutted to hear that Dan, alas completely understandable given the circumstances. Roll on 2022

I was thinking about it for several weeks and it was not an easy decesion. The only thing I want to ask you about is mark date of Doncaster 2022 to Calendar here on the Aerodrome and let me organize it fully for the next time.

Will have the chat about 2022 in a few weeks, we can then agree dates and location and let everyone know.

Gutted to hear this new Daniel.
    Two blows in one day, as Captain Kiwi has just mailed the morning to say he can't make it this year either.
    Rob.

Damn that’s a shame as well, alas there are still so many issues at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    Sadly I must announce I cancel this year. There are several reasons (no direct flights to LBA or MAN, expesive flight tickets, extrem work rush [finishing two BIG projects during September] and cancel even by my friend David) that makes heavy-cost event for me. I am truly sad, because September England, cold mornings, smell of the museum buildings and, the most important, the group of extraordinary people around this gathering is something that means a lot for me. Hope for next year...
    So sorry to read this, Dan - I was really looking forward to seeing you again.
    Well, let's aim for Donnie next year...or possibly Prague?

Smile

I am sad, but it started to be complicated (in scales of a single weekend event).

About Prague. Yes, we definitely want to continue (probably 22nd to 24th April) with a possibility to run something smaller even during autumn of 2021.

PS: I must say that I still like the game much - we're helping Láďa with his boardgame "camps" (program during day, night at their homes) and I must say youngsters are increasing motivation to "beat them" all the time
    Last edited by Dan-Sam; 08-23-2021 at 23:16.

Chris.
    Just had a call from Captain Smithers to say that he will be coming to Doncaster on the Saturday.

Rob.

Excellent news, thanks Rob

Sadley for the first time since this great weekend was conceived in 2014 and which we have enjoyed attending with our good friends , Mary and my good self must bow out from Doncaster 2021 .

The PCR testing on the 2nd and 8th day comes to a total far exceeding the plane fare and accom /costs in the UK.!!!!
    Plus as we normaly bounce over to Spain after the games, and the risk of being caught in a lockdown is worrying to say the least, given our narrow escape from the UK in March 2020

We wish you a great gaming weekend and will, Government permitting , see you in 2022, or sooner if you can get to Prague this year.

So sorry to hear this news Paul, my best to you and Mary and look forward to meeting up at next years bash

Bugger!

Probably the correct decision, though.

Oh, well, see you both next year - or, as you say, just maybe in Prague ...

Wow, that's tough. Sorry you and Mary won't make it this year.

That’s really crap news, totally understand though. What I just don’t get is... governments want folk tested then charge them an arm and a leg... why can’t it be free? Unbelievable...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    This really is bad news, was very much looking forward to meet you again Dan ...
    Hopefully next year in either (or both) Prague and Doncaster. Fingers crossed.

cheers,
    Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Really sorry to hear this news Paul.
    It won't be the same without Mary and yourself.
    I hope things are looking up for next year and we can all get together again.
    Rob.

Oh my .... now Paul and Mary are bowing out as well ...
    This sure doesn't look good

I'm still under the impression that we (coming from an amber ountry)
    - need to be fully vaccinated,
    - need to be tested with a negative result max 48 hours before setting out to the UK (and that's a free test in the Netherlands)
    - need to take a test in the UK on or before the 2nd day of our stay, day of arrival in the UK counting as day zero.
    So we have to take a test on friday or saturday.
    However, the big problem is ... we need to arrange/make an appointment and pay for that test before arriving in the UK ...
    Let's see ...

cheers,
    Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

We will be ther next year once the the UK government lets us. Meanwhile Prague is still a go this year, and think of those wonderful Christmas markets, ( Mary made me say that !!)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Wings over Wairarapa 2021
    By CaptMoonbeam in forum New Zealand Wing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-06-2021, 11:54
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-30-2020, 06:59
  3. DONCASTER 15.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Doncaster 2015