Ares Games
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DONCASTER 2021

I'll have a badge if I may

I would like a 2021 badge, please, Chris.

Thinking ahead to what restrictions might be in place come September.... we might have to rethink the traditional Sunday free for all Ace of Aces shoot out. 20-30 people shoulder to shoulder around one table might not be possible or desirable for all concerned. Happy to consider any possible solutions or suggestions.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

I am kicking the first one: if there would be another table (SoG cabin?) we can split into two groups and have WGF and WGS Ace of Aces. It is similar to Origins. I am raising a hand for WGS table and can bring WWII playing cards for division of teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Thinking ahead to what restrictions might be in place come September.... we might have to rethink the traditional Sunday free for all Ace of Aces shoot out. 20-30 people shoulder to shoulder around one table might not be possible or desirable for all concerned. Happy to consider any possible solutions or suggestions.
    Depending on the numbers allowed to rub shoulders it might be an idea to have say 4 tables of x players in a knock out comp over a limited time period of say 30 -40 mins . Top x scorers of each table play on the final table. players for each table can be randomly picked by deal of cards for example.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Good suggestions chaps, keep ‘em coming. Also think we should probably limit tables to six + GM

Got any provisional numbers of peeps apart from the usual suspects ?

Not really... guess it’s a difficult one to call this year, I expect a lot of late decisions. I will start pulling everything together now things are beginning to look more hopefull. I’ll start with a roll call thread.. get a Yes(if allowed), Definite No, and maybe type response.

Message from one of our chaps flying reconnaissance, the Closest Premier Inn to the venue is running short of room availability for those wishing to stay over at the Doncaster event (assuming we are still happening of course)

Could we have a consolidated list of all those who have ordered badges and quantities, it will act as a reminder and final confirmation for Simon.

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Two badges for me please PM sent Chris.

Two badges for me please.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I have opened a thread for the badges and updated the orders. Please check that thread and make sure I got your orders correct

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    I am kicking the first one: if there would be another table (SoG cabin?) we can split into two groups and have WGF and WGS Ace of Aces. It is similar to Origins. I am raising a hand for WGS table and can bring WWII playing cards for division of teams.
    Thinking of running the Ace of Aces competition a little differently this year... watch this space

Message from one of our chaps flying reconnaissance, the Closest Premier Inn to the venue is running short of room availability for those wishing to stay over at the Doncaster event (assuming we are still happening of course)
    Special section of the Premier Inn already decontaminated and awaiting his arrival of Patient Zero

Looks like we are full steam ahead at the moment for our get together in September - two months tomorrow we should begin to touch down in this sunny corner of Gods own Country. I will review the various threads, update and publish the list of attendees and games/tables. We do potentially need a couple of volunteers to run a game, so if you are interested and able, please let me know. Mike may have to go to Canada which means he can't run his WW1 game, but I will pick that one up and (Probably) run my 1916 Somme game in its place, so we have that one covered. Anyway chaps... watch this space.

PS. given the removal of restrictions around social distancing and mask wearing etc. looks like we will be able to go ahead with the carnage that is the Sunday morning Ace of Aces game as we have done in previous years...

Default Doncaster 2021

Yippeeeeeeeee!

PS. given the removal of restrictions around social distancing and mask wearing etc. looks like we will be able to go ahead with the carnage that is the Sunday morning Ace of Aces game as we have done in previous years...
    And the carnage that is Saturday Mess night

Aah yes... that carnage... say no more.

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    I have opened a thread for the badges and updated the orders. Please check that thread and make sure I got your orders correct
    Hello Chris

can you guide me to the link or Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by camel crew View Post
    Hello Chris

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...31-Badges-2021

Are there any infos about missions/scenarios for the event ?

Coming up shortly... just need to haul myself off the patio, away from the cold beer and onto the laptop. I will provide latest update this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by camel crew View Post
    Hello Chris

Hi Iain, Iwill be seeing Simon tomorrow, I will speak to him and get back to you

Hi Chris, have you and Rob decided what major fleet action will be happening in room #1 this year, obviously there will be copious quantities of port and a few sea shanties and some pesky scenery to sail into..

As promised here we are with names and games thus far. We could do with another volunteer to run a WW2 game on the Saturday, there are also slots free on the Friday afternoon, but thought given Friday numbers and varying arrival times etc. we would always have a couple of board games going on (Zombicide for instance - always good for a laugh). There are a couple of Sails chaps missing from this list who usually attend, I will reach out to them (or speak to Rob) to see if they are joining us this year.

If you have a preference for any particular game please let me know and I will start to populate the tables, we can also juggle games/tables to suit the number of players.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Doncaster 2021 Timetable.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	304360

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021 Attendees.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	304361
    Although appreciate this list might change

Lets start talking chaps and make this the best one yet... think we all deserve that.

Sorry Chris, unfortunately I will have to withdraw my offer of a Spain '38 game, due to real life putting a Spaniard in the works . Hopefully I will be able to put this on at Doncaster 2022.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

No worries Steve, I’m sure we can plus the gap. Does this mean we won’t see you at all?

Team Guntruck will still be there, fear not.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

That sir, is great news.

Chris, I know it is simply too far, but do you have any expactations about travel restrictions?

Honestly Dan, I have no idea, the goalposts seem to move on a daily basis, I’m not 100% certain I can get there, and I’ll be walking, lol. I just pray our friends from over the channel can get here, it is what makes the event special.

It is obvious that nobody knows. We'll se what happened until event. Hope at least for cheap flights and accommodation.

You want me to run THREE BSG games, lasting the whole day?

OK, I'll try to cook 'em up...

...maybe something on Toast(er)

You don’t have to do all three Tim, you need to be able to play as well as run.

So.. putting a call out to WW2 fans, we could do with another volunteer to run a game at Doncaster? Any takers ?

Just a heads up from South of the Channel or as Boris likes to call it Amber Plus country.
    As things stand there is no possibility of Mary and me getting into the UK without going into isolation and haveing tests on day 2 and 5. There is also the danger of the UK declaring France a Red country wich would really bugger us up as after Doncaster we head for Spain. But seeing as
    A We are only here for 4 days and
    B We came here not to look at a hotel wall but to mix with you guys.
    it seems an impossible option.
    We are both double vacinated and our health passport lets us travel in Europe but since the UK left the EU these count for nothing.
    Barring a miracle and Boris et al dropping the Amber plus label its another missed year at Doncaster for us

NOOOOOOOOO
    Hopefully things will improve

NOOOOOOOOO
    Hopefully things will improve
    Just remeber its the 50th aniversary of the Day Of the Jackel, perhaps with a different ending

Hi Chris, I've pm'd you some WW2 options.
    Most of them are designed for larger numbers but if people take 2 planes the games should still work

I can do session 1 and 3 if absolutely necessary, there are options which will bracket BoB nicely.

Lest we forget

Game preference
    Ruth-Sails of Glory
    Hannah- WWI
    Amy- WWI ( but might be helping me on WWII)
    Me-WWII

Lest we forget

Is there a separate thread for the program? Thanks!

Coming up shortly good sir... well as soon as I get my laptop out later

Five weeks to go... printing off sheets of the ever popular bullet hole stickers as we speak. Nothing on the news about any potential stupid travel changes, so fingers crossed things are looking good. I shall book a table in the usual place for the Saturday night, although not sure what the rules are now about having one large table, we’ll have to see on that one.

OK Table(s) booked for the Saturday at 7:30, went for 25 with the option to increase or decrease seven days before. Just relying on Boris and his minions not to stuff it up for us now...

Is that a long table or several ?
    Do you need a health pass to get into either the Museum or the pub? and will they accept EU ( dare i mention the name ) certificates?

Probably a couple of tables and no passes needed in either pub or museum

No passes needed, it isn't France you know

Although we can have someone at the door with a coalscuttle on their head asking to see "YOUR PAPERS!" if you like

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    No passes needed, it isn't France you know

Although we can have someone at the door with a coalscuttle on their head asking to see "YOUR PAPERS!" if you like
    If you could Dave , makes me feel right at home , but must have a mask.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Wings over Wairarapa 2021
    By CaptMoonbeam in forum New Zealand Wing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-06-2021, 11:54
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-30-2020, 06:59
  3. DONCASTER 15.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Doncaster 2015