Ares Games

Thread: unable to post pics

Default unable to post pics

trying to upload a few pics and its not working. i can select the pic fine, but when i click "upload image" nothing happens. it doesnt give me any kind of error message or anything. it just wont do anything.

Maybe you've reached your allowed limit Phil - PM Oberst Hajj and see what you can do.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Maybe you've reached your allowed limit Phil - PM Oberst Hajj and see what you can do.

thats what i though it might be at 1st even though it usually gives you a warning message that you have. so i went to my profile and deleted one of my origins albums. and still i couldnt post.

That just worked no problem Phillip. Image was reduced before uploading, but I'm sure you do that anyway. Maybe it was a temporary glitch. Try again and see.

It could be that the image you are trying to upload is protected in some way. If its one of your own photos it should upload easily.

Could it be a problem with the size?

When I had trouble uploading a picture, the computer appeared to be "doing nothing" until I noticed a small % counter in the bottom left corner of the screen, which revealed that the picture was enormous and was taking a very long time to load!

Since then, I always take care to reduce the size using "Paint" before posting.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

The test photo came out OK, Mike: so, problem solved, or is it intermittent?

Quote Originally Posted by zenlizard View Post
    The test photo came out OK, Mike: so, problem solved, or is it intermittent?
    Mike has proved he can still post: it was Phillip who initially was reporting the problem...........can Phillip now post pictures?
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    That just worked no problem Phillip. Image was reduced before uploading, but I'm sure you do that anyway. Maybe it was a temporary glitch. Try again and see.

It could be that the image you are trying to upload is protected in some way. If its one of your own photos it should upload easily.

just tried again a bit ago, still no go. theyre pics of my own, and ive never had an issue before so i dont know what the problem is. messaged kieth about ot so hopefully we can get it sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Could it be a problem with the size?

When I had trouble uploading a picture, the computer appeared to be "doing nothing" until I noticed a small % counter in the bottom left corner of the screen, which revealed that the picture was enormous and was taking a very long time to load!

Since then, I always take care to reduce the size using "Paint" before posting.

a status screen doesnt even pop up. i click upload and the pop up just disappears and nothing happens. the pics are jpegs between 1-1.5 mb. never had problems uploading similar pics before.

Similar Missions

1. How to post pics ???
    By Brak Morn in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-05-2020, 10:10
  2. Unable to Access Forum
    By Future Pilot in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-25-2020, 13:20
  3. My 1,500 post
    By Doug in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 20