Ares Games

Thread: a 95 squadron jasta 25 story

Default a 95 squadron jasta 25 story

So stand by your glasses steady
    This world is a world of lies
    Here's a toast to the deady already
    Hurrah for the next man who

"Settle down gentlemen" The voice of Lieutnenat Scott cut through the noise "Tomorrow's orders"
    Catain Giles Osbourne entered the room

"A" Flight gets a lay in tomorrow, "B" Flight you're on Dawn Patrol. I'm sure Headquarters will think of something for "A" flight to do. Goodnight gentlemen"

Followed the OTT DYM generator. 4 allied planes v 2 Central Powers. Cut allies down to 3 because it's a bit to early for me to try to control seven aircraft.

"B" flight received thier orders from Lieutenant Scott and early the following morning F/Os Sean Thomas, John Simmons and David Rimmington climbed into their SE5's and took off. The sun was well up in the sky when they spotted 2 German planes flying a parallel course. 2 Albatros D.IIIs flown by Leutenant Lucas Schellenburg and Heinrich Meyer.

Both parties closed. On the first pass Simmons and Schellenburg echanged shots, both missed (0,0O Thomas found Schellenburg in his sights and watched as the plane exploded in front of him (Boom) REmmington missed Meyer (0) then Simmons flew in front of Meyer and paid the price (5 wounded pilot, 3)

As the planes seperated Schellenburg and Simmons collided (C 2, C0) Mrs Simmons little boy decided enough was enough and headed back to base.

Life and death is seperated by the width of a hair, or in this case a bent cartridge. Schellenburg Immelmanned to find Thomas filling his gunsights. Thomas thought his time has come. Takka-tak (0, gun jammed) as the planes parted.

Meanwhile you must be wondering what had happened to Remmington (so was I) I was playing on a big carpet and had already been the I in AI to stop him flying off into German territory. He started to turn back into the fight when he decided to have another go westwards. I'd had enough, so I let him.

Back to the action. Thomas was getting closer to Meyer and just in range and fired (1 ) No matter what Meyer did, he couldn't get Thomas off his tail and was hit again (3) At close range Thomas fired (2 +1, LRD, 1+1) One more burst saw the Albatros start to fall with flames starting to engulf it (2+1, FLM) Thomas looked up to find he was the only plane in the sky for miles around. He suddenly felt very hungry.

F/O Thomas RTB, 2 kills (Schellenburg, Meyer)
    F/O Simmons RTB Rolled 7 RTB +3, Wounded -1 =10 All's Well

F/O Remmington - Scenario A. Rudder contrls jammed - what happened next? It took a while for Remmington to figure out that if he kept flying until the fuel ran put, he would crash many, many miles behind enemy lines but if he turned the engine off he would dtill crash but not so far behind enemy lines.

F/O Remmington Rolled 5 BEL -1 = 4 Rolled 4 miss next 4 scenarios. E&E Rolled 4 BEL -1 = 3 Captured and escaped. rolled 2, miss 1 scenario. Miss 3 scenarios.

Leutenant Luca Schellenburg SD Rolled 4 EXP - 3 = 1 KIA
    Leutenant Heinrich Meyer SD Rolled 5 SD -1, FLM -2 = 2 KIA

Sergeant Montgomery (Monty) Scott knocked on the Squadron Leader's door

"Come"

"Sir, plane approaching"

This was confirmed as the sounds of an aeroengine could be faintly heard.

As the SE5 rolled to a stop and cut the engine, there was quiet. The pilot sat motionless in the plane. Arthur Pugh, Air Mechanic, rushed upto the plane,

"Sir, sir?"

"Huh?"

"Are you alright Mr Simmons?"

"I think so, just a bit tired"

Simmons hauled himself out of his battered plane. "Dont worry, it's just a scratch, not as bad as it looks"

Captain Osbourne saw another plane touchdown and saw F/O Thomas jump from the cockpit.

"Give me a quick idea of what happened before you give your report to Scotty."

"Well sir, we ran into a couple of D.IIIs. Think I got 2 sir, one blew up in front me after I hit it and the other went down in flames. I Remmington back sir?"

"Not yet. Why?"

"The last time I saw him, he was heading into German territory?"

"Strange - now go and report to Scotty

Interesting tale Iain.

Easy to picture even without actual photos.

Leutenant Heinrich Meyer SD Rolled 5 SD -1, FLM -2 = 2 KIA
    Shot Down and Flames are not compounded, just use the Flames, so his final tally is 3 : Injured 1D6

He lives to continue the saga.

I thought about that. When I flew it and did the Butcher's Tally, he did survive. Then I went and re checked it and thought I'd made a mistake doh. Herr und Frau Meyer will be happy, not half as much as Heinrich though

Just re rolled for Heinrich - what a lucky boy. Walks away from a Flamer - misses 1 scenario - charmed life?

Nice one Iain - glad to see you're having a go at solo & the OTT rules.
    Things have changed slightly with the OTT rules from DYM on: RTB is only +1 now. This I did so that if RTB wounded you may still lose the pilot on a snake eyes roll. (Rolled 2 +1 RTB -1WIA = 2 - Dead).
    Your maths are off too:
    F/O Simmons RTB Rolled 7 RTB +3, Wounded -1 =10 All's Well
    7 + 3 - 1 = 9 not 10 but the result's the same !

If you apply the new RTB mod this would be his result:
    F/O Simmons RTB + WIA: Rolled 7 +1RTB -1WIA = 7 Injured - Skip 1D2 Scenario....

Sapiens qui vigilat "He is wise who watches"

so basic maths will update the sheet and think about the next mission.

Thumbs up

Well done in flying a Solo Mission Iain!

Similar Missions

1. Italian Front: Jasta 11 versus 60 Squadron
    By john snelling in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-24-2016, 16:11
  2. Squadron/Jasta, colours WW1!
    By Sparky in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-29-2016, 23:34
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-19-2012, 13:40
  4. Replies: 119