Ares Games

Thread: Soviet Spad VII frog and eagle cards

Default Soviet Spad VII frog and eagle cards

I have just acquired two uniquely painted Russian Spad VII's, and would love to have cards to go with them. In my search throughout the Aerodrome, I found a few Russian Spad VII cards, but none matching the paint schemes of these 2 Soviet planes. One of these Spad's has red stars on wings and horizontal stabilizers, and a frog painted on it's sides. The other one has red star over a white circle on just it's wings, and an eagle(?) flying across the moon painted on it's sides. I realize the sides won't be visible on the card. I just mentioned the side paintings in case that is helpful for discovering any possible pilot information. I know I have already asked for some Pfalz D.III cards, but I'd really appreciate cards for these 2 unique planes too.

Attached Images   

Hmmm...

Pilots? Units?

PS:
    Both listed as part of the Imperial Russian Air Service: 10th IAO, Slavnoye Air Group

Name:  SPAD_VII_Russian_1_6.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  21.4 KB

Name:  SPAD_VII_Russian_10th IAO, Slavnoye Air Group_1_1.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  21.5 KB

No pilots listed on the website I found these.
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 07-15-2020 at 23:57.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Aha!

Finally a use for the Soviet star decals I bought from 1/144 Direct!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Those are the planes in question! Unknown pilots would be fine on the card. My meager attempts at on-line searching only led me to this picture.

Attached Images  

Found this last night, too, if decal ideas are needed:

Name:  tumblr_nmc7mmtID71u5z9tdo1_1280.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  125.9 KB

Found here: Pinturas gran Guerra Aire.tumblr.com - SPAD VII - Poland-vs-Soviet
    Mike

never fails to amaze me, the depth of knowledge of people on this site and the helpful camaraderie

Most definitely. I have learned a great deal from the helpful people on the Aerodrome site, not only about the game, but of aviation history in general. The camaraderie on the Aerodrome site is a welcome relief from the seeming decrease of it in everyday life at the present time.

It's been a few days, so I thought I'd ask again. Would anybody with the creative ability, and the time available to create a couple of cards, kindly create a couple of cards for these 2 planes? I have the planes, and I've teamed them with a couple of "B" decks from Famous Aces, now I just need the control cards for them. Any takers?

These drawings have a little more information attached but still no names for the pilots.

Name:  SPAD S.VII - Others 4.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  56.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by abovetheclouds View Post
    It's been a few days, so I thought I'd ask again. Would anybody with the creative ability, and the time available to create a couple of cards, kindly create a couple of cards for these 2 planes? I have the planes, and I've teamed them with a couple of "B" decks from Famous Aces, now I just need the control cards for them. Any takers?
    I will get to these. I had several projects in the works, as well as dealing with the arrival of my bombers. I am also supposed to be doing graphic work for the Comox Air Force Museum. A niece's 18th birthday bash imposed itself on my social calendar this week, amongst other things like repairs to the tub in the bathroom that absolutely took precedence over anything else in the world.

For a guy that's supposed to be retired, and have all sorts of 'free time', I'm way too busy.
    Mike

Hmmm... I didn't have templates for the SPAD VII. And it is different from the SPAD XII, the XIII and the XIV.

Planes are almost done:
    Name:  SPAD_VII_RussianRedStars.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  54.0 KB

Name:  SPAD_VII_RussianWhiteStars.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  51.8 KB
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    For a guy that's supposed to be retired, and have all sorts of 'free time', I'm way too busy.
    "Retired" just means you're working without being paid
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Oh, heck yes. After I retired, my friends would ask me what it was like to be retired, and if I was bored. I told them that I was working harder now than when I was employed. I actually have to work on all of my home and auto projects (thank goodness for YouTube do-it-yourself videos) now, instead of putting them off for sometime in the future. Plus, I'm currently doing all of the shopping, and most of the cooking since my wife is still working. Don't worry about my cards, I'll be happy to get them whenever you squeeze in the time to work on them.

One of the things competing for my time, at the moment:
    Name:  Tank Chess Ref Sheet-1.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  94.8 KB

Link: www.gamesforsage.com - Tank Chess - Standard

I downloaded as many images as I could and duplicated this to the best of my ability so I could check out the game with a Chess and Strategic Gamer buddy of mine:

Link: www.gamesforsage.com - Tank Chess - Print & Play

Which is where I got all the graphics for the cheat sheet above. And I produced a bunch of these to play the game:

Bulldozer Tank:
    Name:  BT_P-P-1.png
Views: 259
Size:  8.5 KB

So, not exactly 'Work".

PS: BTW, the game is awesome.
    Mike

So, not only did I have to research the card template, but I had to go learn about Imperial Russian Air Service units and translate "10 IAO" into something meaningful for the cards.

Translated the cards are supposed to read: "Imperial Russian Air Service - 10th Fighter Aviation Detachment"

Name:  WGF_SPAD_VII_IRAS10IAO_2.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  115.3 KB

Name:  WGF_SPAD_VII_IRAS10IAO_1.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  115.7 KB
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 07-26-2020 at 14:21.
    Mike

Awesome cards again, Mike. Thanks! I had checked out the Tank Chess game after I had backed their Age of Dogfights game. It looked like it'd be fun.

Similar Missions

1. New Cards: Ltn Cln Armand Pinsard's SPAD VII
    By Gallo Rojo in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-05-2016, 18:34
  2. General Seeking cards-- Spad XI (or XVI) and DH9, Elephant
    By kduke42 in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-17-2012, 12:11
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2012, 11:08
  4. Russian Civil War WOW Soviet aircraft cards