Ares Games

Thread: A Fallen Member's Collection Will Soon Be For Sale

Default A Fallen Member's Collection Will Soon Be For Sale

Dale Garrett (Setarius) passed away suddenly last year.
    His wife found a get well card I had sent him and contacted me yesterday via Facebook Messenger.
    She is looking for help selling Dale's collection.

I sent her an Excel file listing the Ares and Nexus models for both WGF and WGS to help determine what will be available.

I am in Oregon - is there anyone closer to Paducah, Kentucky that could give a hand?

Sadly I'm on the other coast so not close enough to help. Paducah, Kentucky is near IL, IN, MO, AR and TN so hopefully there is a willing and able Aerodrome member close by to help her.

So sad to lose another friend. Dale was a good partner in the sky. Offer her my help, though I am in AZ I have done this now a few times. Comfort and peace . . .

Dayton Ohio here. Would love to help out, unfortunately it is still quite a drive to Paducah, Kentucky. Sorry to hear about your friend. Just got done spending a lot of time helping one of my friends go through the war games of one of our friends that passed. Tough work. Hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    Dale Garrett (Setarius) passed away suddenly last year.
    His wife found a get well card I had sent him and contacted me yesterday via Facebook Messenger.
    She is looking for help selling Dale's collection.

I sent her an Excel file listing the Ares and Nexus models for both WGF and WGS to help determine what will be available.

I am in Oregon - is there anyone closer to Paducah, Kentucky that could give a hand?
    Pete, just now saw this. I never knew Dale, but always sad to lose a member of the community here. I'm 3 hours away but would be glad to help if I can. I'll PM you some details.

-chris

Sorry to hear about his passing.

Sorry about the loss of another member and friend to those in here. Seems we are all getting older.

We are diminished, yet again. Condolences to all.

So many old-timers from the founding of this site gone and so few left... to be honest, even though I'd venture myself second-generation at most, there are times when I feel like I'm headed for "remnant of the Old Guard" status myself.

To all our Departed both recent and not-so-much, wherever you all are out there in the Great Beyond know that you are missed.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Thanks, Dan and Chris.

I am sending Dale's wife your contact info, Chris.
    She replied to me this morning that the list I sent her will help and that Dale's planes are in their original boxes, so hopefully it will be easy to assess.

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    So sad to lose another friend. Dale was a good partner in the sky. Offer her my help, though I am in AZ I have done this now a few times. Comfort and peace . . .
    Thanks, David.
    You did a stellar job with Hunter's Collection.
    Hopefully there will not be a need to drag you into another clearout.
    We have had a couple of volunteers that are closer (but not close!) than you and me.

My condolences, Blue Skies Dale.

Blue skies and a tailwind too. Condolences.

Condolences to Dale's family.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

I am very sad to hear the news about Dale. I flew with him in several of our WWI solo campaigns and he was one of those pilots who go way back to near the start of the Drome. God bless and keep our fallen comrade, and may his family find comfort from the fact that he was a well respected pilot at the Drome, gathering over 700 Reputation points from his fellow flyers.
    RIP Dale.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

...and 2020 continues its major suckage.

Quote Originally Posted by zenlizard View Post
    ...and 2020 continues its major suckage.
    .......except that his sad passing happened last year, as per post #1

Also

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...rius-1959-2019

He is still greatly missed, and I hope his family has found some comfort.

RIP Dale
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

condolences. i recall when this happened. 2019 sucked.

If anyone is able to assist please let us know and where/when Dale's kit goes on sale, I'm sure there's people here willing to buy some of his collection.

"He is wise who watches"

Will do, Dave. Pete and I have sent Dale's wife spreadsheets and content files with photos to help her ID things, and phone and email contact info. As of last word she hasn't yet had a chance to go through them, but will post here with any news.

Just updating this thread: I emailed Bridget again on 8/11 offering some options to help sort & sell but did not hear back. Hope all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi View Post
    Just updating this thread: I emailed Bridget again on 8/11 offering some options to help sort & sell but did not hear back. Hope all is well.
    I am thinking she is probably overwhelmed. I know Dale used to play his games at a local store - I wonder if they might be able to help her out?

Similar Missions

1. Central England Whole collection for sale (WW2)
    By PrivateBuzz in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-28-2020, 10:51
  2. WGF Collection for sale all WWI
    By KhakiWings in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-04-2019, 22:53
  3. WGF collection for sale uk
    By itchy in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2014, 23:32
  4. WWI Collection For Sale :(