Ares Games

Thread: A Message from Andrea

Default A Message from Andrea

Andrea sent this message out to members of he Yahoo Nexus group. My apologies if someone has already posted this elsewhere. It is more or less confirming what we already knew or suspected.

Dear all,
    sorry for the recent spam in the mail. I blocked the offender.

The game is going on and healthy. Last release have been a couple of bombers for players of the Battle of Britain set: Ju-88A (both in A-1 and A-4 subversions) and Dornier Do-17Z (Z-2 bomber version and Z-10 nightfighter version).
    Next ww2 releases will be Savoia Marchetti and S.79 and Blenheim. Pacific famed fighters will then follow, with time.

For WW1, the quite recent reprint of old Wings of War Series 4 with the long awaited Se5a was warmly welcomed.

Battlestar Galactica: Starship Battles is going pretty well. Gorgeous miniatures have been released for Viper Mk.VII, following Raptor and Heavy Raider that came last year. The old Cylon war minis will follow, for fans of the 1978 series and of the Razor movie.

The reprint of the Sails of Glory basic set was sold out very quickly just before the lockdown, a new reprint will follow soon while we are testing new stuff.

The lockdown changed plans for several releases, but stay tuned for news!

All the best,

Andrea

Yes, thanks David. He seems happy with our games progress. Even though we would like to see things happen faster they are not giving up on us!

Thanks David. Definitely nice to receive an insider's word that there are more WoG releases in the works.

So, new stuff promised for everything but WGF then...

"He is wise who watches"

Perhaps it's on some kind of rolling rota - when you get something new, you go to the back of the queue?

At least there was no "sorry, we're stopping now" message regarding WGF.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Good to know, and thanks for getting the word out, David.

So no new is good news then I suppose... all we need is a shop in the North actually selling any planes

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Peter
    Sorties Flown

Promising news! Thank you for posting this. Do you have a link to the Yahoo Nexus group? Yahoo groups have been disbanded but I know many of the groups migrated to groups.io and similar sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Andrea sent this message out to members of he Yahoo Nexus group. My apologies if someone has already posted this elsewhere. It is more or less confirming what we already knew or suspected.

Dear all,
    sorry for the recent spam in the mail. I blocked the offender.

The game is going on and healthy. Last release have been a couple of bombers for players of the Battle of Britain set: Ju-88A (both in A-1 and A-4 subversions) and Dornier Do-17Z (Z-2 bomber version and Z-10 nightfighter version).
    Next ww2 releases will be Savoia Marchetti and S.79 and Blenheim. Pacific famed fighters will then follow, with time.

For WW1, the quite recent reprint of old Wings of War Series 4 with the long awaited Se5a was warmly welcomed.

Battlestar Galactica: Starship Battles is going pretty well. Gorgeous miniatures have been released for Viper Mk.VII, following Raptor and Heavy Raider that came last year. The old Cylon war minis will follow, for fans of the 1978 series and of the Razor movie.

The reprint of the Sails of Glory basic set was sold out very quickly just before the lockdown, a new reprint will follow soon while we are testing new stuff.

The lockdown changed plans for several releases, but stay tuned for news!

All the best,

Andrea

Users Country Flag

Name
    Mike
    Sorties Flown

Thank you for the info!

It was Games.Groups.Yahoo.com/wow_nexus, but Verizon shutdown Yahoo Groups soon after they acquired Yahoo.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Thanks for the post. Good info about the games we all are involved with.

There is still basic information about the group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/wow_nexus/info

And the Yahoo groups will still post messages.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Similar Missions

1. A message from Andrea
    By Zoe Brain in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 11:41
  2. Sails of Glory: Andrea and Andrea interviewed at the masthead of the Victory!
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 10-13-2011, 01:55
  3. Message from G.H.Q.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-13-2011, 01:00
  4. More From Andrea
    By MayorJim in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 17:49