Thread: Dave's D8 Solo Charts

Default Dave's D8 Solo Charts

A few years ago I created a development of the Richard Bradley's solo charts & the advanced solo charts by Blackronin that use a D8 for selection and all the cards that appear in the deck.
    No steep cards are marked but should be fairly obvious and are mostly taken into account in the move selections.
    Decks with different speeds but the same manoeuvres are grouped together in one chart, others are individual.
    These have been developed and tested over the years in the OTT solo campaigns, my thanks to Gullyraker and Stumptonian for their encouragement and feedback in the process.
    I know that other pilots here are using them and should there be any further developments new versions will be posted.
    In order to facilitate that process I am creating this thread for that purpose.
    If you are using original versions it may be worth checking to see if any have been updated, some are up to v.3.

The charts are in the files section here in the Scenarios section of the WW1 file:
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/do...p?do=cat&id=63

Link to Richard's 1-12 Zone template: https://herkybird.tynesidewargames.c...emplateWW2.pdf

I hope they bring some success to your solo gaming.
    Last edited by flash; 07-03-2020 at 02:07.

"He is wise who watches"

Most Recent Updates:

Appear from the top.

Dave's D8 AI Solo Chart Fr v.1 - Added 26th June 2020 (Added - 8th July 2020)
    This one is individual & covers the Fr Deck of the RAF SE.5p
    Ares added an adjusted F deck for this early slower version of the SE.5 family -
    This deck has so many steep moves it is difficult to cater for them in the selections. It may therefore require some I in the AI at times as many selections start or end on a steep. Not surprising as in addition to the stall cards, the sharp turns, broad side slips, and one sideslip each way are also steep. To avoid consecutive steeps all you can do is either re-roll or replace a steep with whatever is best in the situation.

Dave's D8 AI Solo Chart R(a) v.1 - Added 25th May 2020
    This one is individual & covers the R(a - for Ares) Deck should anyone have need of it.
    That's the new R deck released with Tripod's Nieuport 16's as opposed to the old Nexus one which is already catered for in the B,J,R chart.
    Ares added a pair of non-steep broad side-slips to this deck, which the original Nexus deck did not have.

How To Use Dave's D8 AI Solo Charts v.1 - Added 19th March 2020
    I added a page to provide some explanation of how to use the charts,hopefully this brief document will help.
    I have produced it in Word so that you may change font/size/colour as you deem fit for your needs.
    Last edited by flash; 07-08-2020 at 01:14. Reason: updated mod Q again

"He is wise who watches"

held for further developments

"He is wise who watches"

Thanks for the update. I cannot find the Fr file. I have been using these with the solo template available in the aerodrome store. Works well!

Dave's D8 AI Solo Chart Fr v.1 - Added 26th June 2020 (Currently in moderation Queue)
    Have to wait for a while Dan.

Thumbs up

Thanks Dave! I have been using your D8 charts from their inception in all my OTT games & they work a treat.
    Sure occasionally you need to put the I in AI especially to stop a plane flying off the mat. & keep aware when you need a straight the next turn after an Immleman.

"Its a fine line indeed between going out in a Blaze of Glory or having Crashed & Burnt!"
    Member Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians

many happy hours flying with the solo charts. Every now and then you go "what are you doing?" only for a couple of moves later, it's put the plane in a perfect spot (usually to shoot me down lol) Ta Everso Dave

Thanks Iain, it still surprises me sometimes & I've been bested by the AI many times.
    Hopefully the Fr deck will get out of the queue soon.

"He is wise who watches"

Your AI decks do a good job! Makes for a challenge!

I thought I'd try my hand at a solo game, and Dave kindly answered a couple questions. Took a couple SS D.III vs a pair of SE5a. If this mini-AAR belongs elsewhere, no worries, but I thought it was a comical record of my first battle Rules worked great!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy of IMG_20200704_121847.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	289770

Name:	Copy of IMG_20200704_133251.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	114.2 KB 
ID:	289771

Name:	Copy of IMG_20200704_143849.jpg 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	289772

Name:	Copy of IMG_20200704_143905.jpg 
Size:	118.7 KB 
ID:	289773

Name:	Copy of IMG_20200704_152532.jpg 
Size:	112.5 KB 
ID:	289774

Name:	Copy of IMG_20200704_154057.jpg 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	289775

Name:	Copy of IMG_20200704_155645.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	121.0 KB 
ID:	289776

Name:	Copy of IMG_20200704_160016.jpg 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	289777

Not entirely sure which side you were on Chris but looks like a lot of damage was handed out so it seems to have worked well for you, or, not as the case may be ! Glad you had fun with it though.

"He is wise who watches"

Unfortunately SkyNet won, I was in the SS D.IIIs. I attempted revenge with Camels vs. Dr.Is, may try to post that later lol.

Fr deck is out of the mod Q...

"He is wise who watches"

Thanks, Dave, for the How to Use page. I had some of the charts ready to use a while back but wasn't quite sure what to do with the 7 and 8 columns. Now I understand. While I don't have a D8, I have worked out how to use instead my D20 that I bought as a souvenir at CanCon in January.

Nice one Doug, hopefully you can pick up a D8 next time !

"He is wise who watches"

Similar Missions

1. Solo Charts
    By TommyLobster in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-2016, 08:51
  2. 2nd Generation Solo style ACE charts
    By Teaticket in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-05-2016, 09:49
  3. Advanced Solo Charts for all decks except J and bombers
    By Blackronin in forum WGS: House Rules