Ares Games

Thread: WGF - Boom, Boom, Boom

Default WGF - Boom, Boom, Boom

I know the title sounds like a John Lee Hooker song, but in reality explains what happened in a very short game my brother Bob and I had yesterday. After months of lockdown Bob and sister-in-law, Kim came out for a visit. After an outdoor lunch in Antioch Illinois, we retired back to our place and Bob and I took to my garage/man cave for a sortie. His Hanover to photograph with a pair Pfalz's for protection. I sent up my two Valom Se5's in defense, but it did not last long. My first head on resulted in me taking an A with 4 points and I was smoking! On top of that when I fired, my guns jammed - an ominous beginning to say the least.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2261.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	146.9 KB 
ID:	289344

It was not long after that my other Se flew up the tail of the Hanover and received a raking from his rear gun. The first B card pulled and BOOM, no more Se5 - Yikes!! Well, I had a replacement ready and as he was getting airborne my other SE collided with a Pfalz - two C cards - BOOM, the Pfalz disappeared in a fireball and my Se went down on points (I had pulled a 10). Things happened so fast that I forgot to take pictures.
    Sheesh! That left me alone with Bob's Hanover just having photographed the target and facing the other pfalz, which finally worked out ok for me as Bob pulled an A and (you guessed it) BOOM - scratch one Pfalz. Yep an A BOOM, a B BOOM and a C BOOM. So as I then chased after the Hanover to try and salvage this game I miss calculated an Immelmann and I left the board. Game OVER Man, Game OVER!

Ach - it was still a blast (literally)

Brutal!

Glad it was such fun - even if a bit short-lived!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

It sounds like BalticBob was subbing for your brother. He always seems to find the Boom cards when we play at Gritty Goblin Games.
    So how many books are in your personal library?

Thumbs up

Yep it can happen like that!

Similar Missions

1. Boom-Boom grounded
    By Marechallannes in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-05-2017, 02:55
  2. The curse of Boom-Boom
    By Marechallannes in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-08-2014, 14:01
  3. Another take on Boom'N'Zoom